I booked this holiday two weeks before departure, it was my first ever flight and package holiday. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with a drink whilst we booked in. We had booked in knowing it was the "winter months" . We were pleasantly surprised, the hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and attentive. We had a family room which included a separate living area with a pull out sofa bed and a single bed. My husbands birthday was whilst we were away, I had not informed the staff, however on the day when we went to dinner there was a bottle of Cava on ice and a candle lit which was a nice touch. As we were in the winter season the snacks menu was limited, so the food was three meals a day, however, there was a lot of variety and it was not "recycled" food. I am also vegetarian and this was not an issue with the menu. I have read previous comments about smoking (I do not smoke) but I did not find this a problem. The entertainment was a little cheesy but as I say its the winter months and geared for the older generation. Its in a good location to go exploring and the staff are very helpful when you ask for guidance. Do go to San Migel street for shopping!!!!!!! its better than the markets. All in all, I loved my holiday, the sun was shining, the staff were more than pleasant and the only thing that would have made it a five star is to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room (although I am told this is a British thing). Would I go back? yes I would, without a shadow of a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive recently completely refurbished ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol, situated in a quiet area of Torremolinos surrounded by shops, restaurants at the seaside promenade. The facilities and services of the RIU ClubHotels are also popular with families with children. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Malaga Airport (10 km) and downtown Torremolinos (2 km), and invites you to explore the area as there are many attractions nearby. The hotel has 621 comfortably furnished rooms and offers updated amenities. Relax with a massage or get in shape at our gym. 3 outdoor pools, 1 baby and 1 indoor pool. For the youngest guests there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old) and for adults, day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Italian and Andalusian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain