“A nice warm 4 day break in mid October”

ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Chorley
“A nice warm 4 day break in mid October”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

A nice hotel, really clean and up to Riu standards. Staff very welcoming and pleasant whatever their role. Breakfast was for us the best meal of the day with fresh bread, cakes, fresh omelettes, nice fresh fruit but the juices weren't fresh, no Cava on offer (nice to have the choice at breakfast!) and the cured meats were not good quality. Lunch and dinner we found to be very similar and there were two timed sittings which we are not used to on holiday as we don't like to be too regimented as we have enough of that at home. The wine was poor and to buy a bottle, which we did do, was not supplemented.
The quality of the alcohol was good in the bars, with Cruz campo beer and the spirits were unknown brands. Cava and Irish coffees were excellent.
The hotel is on the outskirts of Torremolinos but makes for a nice walk along the promenade in the mornings and evenings and for a short break is ideal as is only 15 mins transfer in a taxi 25 euros from the airport and 18 from the taxi stop right outside of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChorleyNalf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,034)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Lifford, Ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2013

we had visited this hotel twice before and enjoyed both occasions but this time on our first evening,we entered the dinning room at 8.35 to be meet by the restaurant manager who actually roared at us because we should have been in at 8.00 for table allocation.There were no shortage of tables so we sat at one on the aisle and began our meal,as we eating our main course the manager passed our table and again in a high voice told us to hurry up as trays were been emptied at that stage we had enough of this mans arrogance so we left.I wanted to go to the hotel manager,my wife persuaded me to leave it but even now I,m sorry I did not report the whole episode.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank coy772
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel relaxing rooms clean . Had a great stay . Bar staff were great fran and mario . Also javi on reception was very helpful. Only couple thing s I cound mention. Food very nice but very repetitive. But Breakfast needs to improve dramatically had ate once there wouldn't again . Went out on second week , And also just thinking they could sell food on pool bar . Or open pool bar at nite when hotel busy as it easiest pressure on bar staff surely who work very hard to please customers. As I work in hotels industry I can understand pressure they were under. .which other customers dont. Plus pool area very nice but would be nice if had separate pool for adults . As kids alway in main pool . Overall its a lovely hotel staff are great . But I think hotel need to improve in somethings for a four star hotel As im a chef in a 4star. Overall had nice relaxing holiday there thank you to staff ofvthe costa lago.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank philcush
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have recently returned from our second stay at Bel Playa, the first one was in January and I can only say that it was just as good as the first one.

The location may not suit everyone as it is on the outskirts of Torremolinos; I nice 20minute stroll along a beautiful front, all nice and flat with plenty of shops and cafes along the way.

The Hotel I think is great, we have stayed in some more chic looking hotels, but this one ticks all the boxes for us Location, Staff, Food and Service all of which are first class.

Location: Overlooking the beach, Staff: All very pleasant and helpful. From management to cleaners (she was brilliant, she made great butterflies with the bedspread).

Food: I think was great, there was always something for just about everyone, and I wouldn’t like to say one thing was better than the other, because I liked them all.

The Service from all people was very good, reception, nothing was too much trouble, the Bar staff, I thought were great, and for Animation “Josh” on his own, never stopped and was always laughing, in fact they all worked hard and made the holiday a very pleasant time, and we will definitely return.

If you want to pick a Con : there are no coffee/tea making facilities in the room, so take your own brew kit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John N
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was a very good hotel from the start when you arrive I think if you are all inclusive or if this is done for everyone, a glass of bubbly after a flight is nice. The room was good the hotel was nice it had stuff to do but for me I loved my tours as I'm the type who can't relax and lounge in the sun I need to be up wanting to see stuff. Unfortunately I didn't get to do cordoba, tangier and savilla etc. my mum and brother loved it lounging and felt more refreshed than I did when we got home but I liked it could wait to upload my pics of the places I'd seen.

The food was amazing I'm so greedy and after a long day ate like a vagrant, real choice pasta lasagne etc etc fish you name it. The evening entertainment was good and the first night there was a woman who sang for the audience very good atmosphere. There was an entertainer a guy from Trinidadian or Tobago anyway he was amazing with the children he was full of energy and always fun to watch. Ummm what else can I say oh I gave 5star on location ok ok for me an mine it was a bit of the way from everywhere on the prom but they probably didn't have good stars and were noisy and you would probably spend more you can't have best of both world hustle bustle and stuff and peace and quiet but I did prefer that after long days, mum wanted bingo lol.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Mike R
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Riu Costa Lago for a week from 2nd till 9th November 2013. The hotel was better than expected. The service was fantastic - we were greeted by Eva at reception who was very friendly and helpful. After talking to us for a while we were given a glass of cava which was delicious. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing inward with a pool view to the left hand side. We loved the room, it was spacious and had the sun on the balcony in the afternoon. The food was lovely, always fresh and hot, the cheese and crackers selection was lovely. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly, always with a nice Spanish greeting (Buenos Dias or Buenos Noches). Raphael, the manager went out of his way to speak to everyone to ask if they were ok. We are frequent hotel guests and have never come across this before, we found it to be a nice touch. The weather was great, overall we had a brilliant time and would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel. Thank you to everyone at the Riu Costa Lago!

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank Shidancal
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

just back from this hotel and had a good week hotel is lovely and clean rooms done everyday towels changed everyday and all public place kept spotless .....The staff are all lovely and always had a smile Antino from the dinning room made us laugh every meal time such a nice jolly guy and Ana Marie from the bar is such a sweet girl ...Raphael (the younger of the 2 manangers as he kept telling us ) came round the dinning area every night to ask how things where a very nice gesture would go back again ok so here is the wee moan coming the entertanment was really bad sorry guys but honest get it sorted and u could have a 5 star hotel here only other think is there is no free wifi for guests but still i did have a great week

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends