This was the first time we had been away for Christmas but we were not disappointed. The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport and we were made very welcome. Our room was ready on arrival on the second floor overlooking the garden and main entrance but with views of the sea to the left and the picturesque mountains to the right - lovely!
The food is excellent with lots of choice. Breakfasts are to die for including pancakes and doughnuts - yummy.
Both the Christmas and New Year's Eve banquets and New Year's Day breakfast were excellent with Cava flowing when ever you fancied it. We took a bottle up to our balcony at midnight to watch the town's fireworks on New Year's Eve.
Ok, so what if the hotel needs a few repairs here and there and the lounge bar is not big enough to accommodate a full hotel? You make the most of what is available and enjoy yourself.
We visited Malaga to see the town's Christmas Lights and Nativity which is very impressive and also took the service bus up the hills to the beautiful village of Mejas - well worth a visit for the pretty white cottages, little cobbled streets, bars, restaurants and leather shops. You can also have a ride in a horse drawn carriage or donkey cart.
The weather was mixed but still loads better than England reaching 27 degrees at some points and the walk along the front is most enjoyable. We made it to the marina one day at Belamadena, so pretty.
The only thing that spoilt our holiday is that we both caught the sickness bug and felt Steve, the Thompson rep, was not really interested. He just said it was all over the resort and happened every year - not something they publicise or would want to. After the sickness bug came the chest infection - but with the chemist just across the road selling antibiotics at just over 4 Euros everyone seemed to make it a daily visit.
Met some really nice people whilst there and the staff, particularly the chamber maids and all the restaurant staff were very friendly. The manager is a very polite and sociable person who speaks good English and should be proud of his hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain