This hotel was supposed to be all inclusive 4 star accommodation however although the room was clean, there was no service at all and no facilities in the room. You have to negotiate the bar to get your bottle of water, there wasn't even a bottle supplied to start us off. When i rang for room service because my father was ill and i didn't want to leave him or my elderly mother I was told there wasn't any room service i had to help myself downstairs!!
My father was only in the hotel for half an hour, my mother and i only had dinner there twice, i've never heard of all inclusive which made you wait for a dinner sitting in order to eat. the food was distinctley average and cold, plates where cold, no service there either and supplies of glasses and food where not kept up so that there was little choice if you came in late to the sitting. Regarding the rooms - No slip mat or extractor fan in bathroom, Plastic shower curtain which sucked into you when the showe was on. No airconditioning, they promised to fx it but it never worked properly. The ceiling fan was noisy, as already mentioned no tea making facilities. You had to run the gauntlet of the smoke filled veranda to get to the hot water erns.
Although i asked for a doctor for my father as soon as we arrived at the hotel, no one offered help, my mother and i practically carried him to our rooms. No effort was made to get our luggage upstairs for us, I had to deal with 3 cases by myself.
The only 3 pluses to this holiday where Carmen? on reception, the angel tour rep called Courtney from thompsons who went above and beyond the call of duty helping us, and the insurance company who thankfully moved my mum and i to another proper 4 star hotel at the end of our week there.
Very slow internet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain