Starting off with we've been to many 4 star hotels used by holiday companies and these cant be classed the same as other 4 star hotels used by people for business purposes (such as the Hilton). But for a 4 star holiday hotel this is one of the better ones we've been to in Spain/Europe.
We were a party of 4 adults and we had a great week here, weather was excellent and only a few negatives about the hotel.
Food was reasonable much better than expected from some of the other reviews prior to going. Good selection and I felt quality was very good. Example was no bones in fish and everything was hot.
Wasn't as keen on breakfast but that's me being fussy as everyone else was ok.
Evening meals split into two sessions which I wasn't keen on as we went out some days and were late getting back. Although they always found space for us. It also means evening entertainment didn't start until later and wasn't on for long enough.
Joshua doing the entertainment was excellent and worked tirelessly. He even showed us into the dining room some nights.
Bar staff were very good with a few exceptions who went above and beyond on a few times for us and also supplied peanuts and olives on a regular basis. Large bottles of water could also be gained from bar which was excellent for the room.
Reception staff also excellent and always friendly.
Rooms were basic but all that's required. Our room was an excellent size, but lacked air con, but that may be due to time of year.
Location was a bit out the way and buses weren't that often but like the trains they were easy to use and cheaper than UK prices. But you could also walk into town within 25mins.
We spoke to loads of guests in the hotel and didnt hear anything about sickness bugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain