“food”

Ranked #62 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
walsall
“food”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

good points nice gardens. initial rooms allocated poor.upgraded to much better rooms on 2nd
floor.hotel very clean.aff on whole very helpfull. particularly gregorio & antonio on reception.
hotel to far from beach. only 1 small shop locally.however train station was a blessing.200
hundred yards away. quick cheap clean fast . we could learn a thing about service. no tours on show on desk.maintenance dept very efficient.animation team good.but only 3 good shows in 10 nights. now the bad points.played rap music?etc. all day VERY LOUD.would not turn it down.
worst of all THE FOOD!!! DISASTROUS FOR MOST OF OUR PARTY.oily not much choice for british tastes.not 1boiled egg in 11 days only fried on 3 days always scrambled.very few potatoes only on salad counter.when available only half cooked as was some fish.chips galore. variable
quality.though.good some days.meat ok at times.soup good 3 days .glassdrinks containers not allowed by bar /pool area. sensible.unless you paid for drinks . they allowed them. been in other 3* hotels.with far better choice of food. our party will not return again.for reasons stated to quiet. &to far from town &beach.

Room Tip: 2nd floor good .facing south.some noise from disco/bar but ok.geoff.&friends
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank geoff259
HotelRoyalCosta, Community Manager at Royal Costa Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Royal Costa for your holiday. We will take note of all your suggestions and comments. At the buffet we serve a wide variety of hot, cold and salads. It's a shame that there was nothing to your liking. As for the location is unbeatable, close to the beach and next to the train station. You can consult our website, in the section location.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Llangefni, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Having read several reviews on this hotel before going, we went here with an open mind. Was very pleasantly surprised when we got there very clean hotel our room was cleaned every day and we had new towels every day.

Pool and sunbed area was brushed and hosed down every morning.

The food was great, all the reviews I read said the fool was awful but I disagree we found something to eat everyday from hot to cold meals, also spoke to a couple from Liverpool who only go all inclusive and they rated the food very highly.

Also there is Spanish holiday makers there who are quite rude but there was also a few English obnoxious holiday makers there who were loud and loved the sound of there own voices who I overheard saying "cant wait to go home and have English food fish and chips and beef chow mein" that says it all doesn't it.

I would definitely go back to stay at the Royal Costa just hope the moaning English visitors who wrote bad reviews will not be there go and stay in 4star hotels and pay the earth.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Cheryl T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My partner and I spent a week at this hotel early september of this year. After reading a mix of reviews we arrived open minded we were pleasantly surprised, the Hotel itself is immaculate and very modern and our room was perfect, quite spacious with a great view of the pool from our balcony. Our room was cleaned everyday to the highest of standards (and I am very fussy)
The food was ok (bit heavy on the salt for me) and there was plenty of it, it is constantly replenished, they provide an array of hot and cold options. One thing I did like was that the meal times were quite long, for example breakfast was from 7:00 until 10:30. In most places you would find by about 10 the food would gone or cold but this was never the case always plenty to go around. We went all inclusive so in between meals we were provided with snacks at that bar by the pool.

We spent most of our time at the Beach which is a short distance away, a pleasant 10 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel provides a picnic service and we ordered one of these for our afternoon at the beach.
The Hotel staff were extremely polite and smiley and most of them could speak and understand english so the language barrier wasn't a problem. They were always happy to help and we felt very looked after.

I only have a few negative comments about the hotel which include the entertainment in the evening, there wasn't any really, because of this we vacated to our room quite early which is when we could have benefited from international channels on the TV provided in our room. I would suggest spending afternoons at the beach unless you don't mind kids bombing in the pool and splashing you every 5 minutes and I must agree with previous reviews, there isn't many sun loungers provided and people tend to wake up early, put their towels down to reserve them to return hours later.

overall my partner and I throughly enjoyed our stay at the Royal Costa and would stay there again. Very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lia m
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I came here for one night as a stop over as I did not want to be travelling so late. I arrived around midnight. The ladies in reception were nice but they did not speak much english (not that I expected them to) & I not much Spanish but check in was fine. I was travelling alone and female and on the way to my room approached by two very drunk men one who tried to grab my key card away from me and the other asked me to come into their room. (which was next to Mine) Which was rather off putting after evading them I couldn't get into my room as the key card wouldn't work, three times I had to go back to reception as the card wouldn't work as I say staff were lovely but massive language barrier on both sides, got into room, was very basic, only one plug socket for the whole room which the television was plugged into, very clean but very minimal but I didn't expect much. Didn't feel very safe as the men next door were banging about loudly for several hours. Awoke to noises of Trains as the hotel is Right next to the tracks. Didn't have breakfast as I was too eager to get out of there. Obviously what happened with the drunk men was not there fault but did not feel very safe.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SNewman2013
Dear customer,

We deeply regret your event at our facility. We will take note of your comments and will do our best to improve in this area. Thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my Mrs stayed for 10 nights.
Everyone says the place was spotless but our room floor was always dirty and had fag ash on the balcony everyday. (we don’t smoke) One day we went back early while room was been cleaned and the filthy cleaner had put our swimming costumes into the bidet. (what a horrible thing to do) We had to throw them in the bin after that. Everyday the rooms were getting cleaned about 3pm but on the day of our departure they were knocking on the door at 9.30am.
I enjoyed the food the first 4 days then it just went down hill but im not fussy. The down side to it was their meals were not served until 7.30 at night so if you wanted to go out it was too late. . A lot of UK people were horrified by the food. I read one review that said recycled puddings and I laughed so hard as there were so right with their review.
Like a lot of reviews state its not a tourist hotel, its main focus is the Spanish and I would normally say that’s ok because its their country. The problem is, (and I never knew this before my stay) The Spanish are an arrogant rude bunch. I came away with no respect for them after this trip. The hotel staff did the bare minimum they had to. The sun longers were a carry on too. I counted 40 in total with 189 rooms is not ideal. Even worse was the amount of towels on them and no one about. We were always up early so got one when we wanted. On our last day the 40 beds were all taken with towels but only 6 were been used and no one else was around. (we just went the beach most days) Some people were in tears on our second last day as it was really bad. At nights you get the first rush of loud people at 11pm making a racket and waking everyone up, Someone in the room next to us got slapped. The next rush is at 2am of fools drunk shouting and banging the length of the hotel. Not good for us as we had planned excursions most days. Rip off include £30 for safety deposit box and £12 for a kettle for the room but no cups or coffee. Would not go here on a free trip and all the UK guest agreed.
The pool was a bit of a danger with kids jumping in at all angles, You were to scared to go for a swim in case one jumped on your head, even though there is a sign with rules right next to the pool. The life guard was on patrol to get some sun beds for people but it was no use
AREA: the train, Some reviews said to get the train from the airport to save a transfer but if you land after 6pm and have kids for your own safety I would not do this. 3 times we were on that train after 8pm and we got or saw trouble. There are 2 burly security on the trains with batons so what does that tell you. The area of the hotel is rough too, loads of graffiti and every house has big metal locks on everything. (photos to prove it) One night we were overlooking the balcony watching a guy getting out of his car and going through all the bins. It was good entertainment I think he even got a few tins of juice. The bins were another story, stinking lying out on the street just a filthy country. One bin even has graffiti on it that says STINK, we took a photo of this as it was amusing. There is a shop run by a Chinese man round the corner but he hates his life too, so instead walk towards the beach there is a nice wee shop on the right very fresh fruit and pleasant. P.S watch your feet as dog dirt everywhere.
To sum it all up do yourself a favour and do not go to this place or even better do not go to Spain as the people do not deserve the business and will bend over backwards to rip you off. The place is dirty and smells of sewage. If I wanted to see what the UK looked like in 1979 I would go to Torremolinos but be aware everyone will want your money and try to sell you rubbish.

Room Tip: A room in the 30s gets the sun in the afternoon.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James M
Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation. We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us and in our country. We will take note of your suggestions on our hotel to improve in everything possible. I think your comments are not entirely objective or fair about our country. Spain is a destination choose for millions of tourists every year and Torremolinos is a leader in this area. We regret that you've taken this impression of us. Our hotel hosts many families of all nationalities every year. We are happy to welcome him back.

roma/italy
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed on this hotel for a week early july on AI. Food was terrible, no taste whatever, and cold, nothing was labelled, Spanish people keep pushing you up all the time, they can't wait, so you got to bang some food on your plate and keep going!!! Drinks served on little plastic cups, but if you pay they got served in a glass why???? we eat out mostly night as nothing was nice actualy the chicken I eat one night was raw inside. We will never back near this hotel again......keep well away

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank romolo46
falkirk, scotland
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hia all,

Ok....
Here's the pros, mmmm. I'll come back to that lol

The cons
This hotel is NOT in torremolinus , it's in a housing scheme, ....
The food.....not the best by a long way, I think they must just buy in the scrag ends of everything, fish and pork, fish and pork, day in day out, but on this one particular night we went in to the "restaurant" and found.....wait for it. Wait forrr itttttt....CHICKEN , tahdahhhh, and that was actually quite good lol, But everything else is very very very bland.

the staff
Unhelpful, charmless, I would even go as far to say ignorant, you would think a smile would cost them money or something...... Happy Harry who serves the drinks from the wee bar in the restaurant is priceless, fills your glass then slams it on the counter .

The rooms
The rooms serve their purpose and are kept clean although the decor is in dire need of a revamp, the coulour scheme looks like someone had a korma the night before and painted the walls with it the following morning,

The hotel
The hotel itself is kept clean looking and the public areas are ok.... The pool area isn't too bad , the pool is a bit small and you get the usual lounger scrounges who plonk their stuff on a lounger and leave it there till they see fit to actually use the lounger and the hotel staff do nothing about it. I did hear two older British ladies having a go at the manager about this but he just held his hands up.
The pool bar is shocking.....the staff are miserable and NEVER enough staff , the que at night gets very long.

Entertainment
This is a bit of hit and a miss......the kids entertainment at night is the same three same songs every night. Although the koochera song is quite catchy lol....one night we had BINGO, I kid you not, bingo....one slip of paper with 3 lines of numbers on and a toothpick to punch holes in it,.....the Charlie Chaplin show was quite good and they had a magic show and flamenco dancers......one night they had male v female competition and this is when I got a bit hacked off, They did not include anyone except Spanish and everything was said in Spanish .....they really give the impression that if you are British you are not wanted.

Getting about
There is nothing around this hotel but fortunately there is a train station right next door and its very reliable......it's good for going into torremolinus , benalmadana, fuengirola etc....... Fuengirola has a huge market on a Tuesday and benalmadana on a Friday..... You really have to get out of hotel through the day. Train prices for two adults are about 6.80 return.

Overall
This hotel caters for the Spanish only.....the location is terrible, the food is terrible , the staff are miserable.....I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

On the bright side , we met a couple of very nice weegies on our last night, just to let you know if your reading this.....OUR CHINESE WAS THE BUISNESS lol.

Room Tip: Rooms 524 onwards face the railway line and will even numbers above and below
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple