My wife and I stayed at the Royal Costa for 3 nights 22nd to 25th September. Despite being a 3* hotel, we booked it because of the excellent reviews that it has received on Trip Advisor. It was ranked 5th of all hotels in Torremolinos placing it way above the Riu Belplaya which we stayed in back in May of this year. As we found the Belplaya to be very good, we had high expectations of the Royal Costa. We were sadly disappointed!
Th problems that we had with this hotel were as follows:-
1. The food was disgusting. Breakfast in particular was inedible.
2. The location was not good. It was in a residential area too far out to walk easily to restaurants or shops.
3. The view from the rooms overlooked the motorway, scrubland and the railway line which was about 50 yards away.
4. The pool was dirty, the food at the poolbar disgusting, and no-one used the pool area giving it no atmosphere. However, they did pipe out some really weird music very loudly late afternoon. Why they did this I don't know but it was very disturbing.
5. Someone in an earlier review on this hotel wrote that the rooms were big. They are not. The rooms were ok but dull and drab with very small balconies. However, given the view there was little motivation to sit out and relax whilst watching the motorway traffic and constant flow of trains. Someone in an earlier review on this hotel stated that the rooms had a separate walk in shower. They don't. However you do walk into the bath to get to the shower and could easliy break your neck as there is no anti slip rubber mat provided.
There were positives that I feel compelled to write about:-
1. This is probably the cleanest hotel that I have ever encountered.
2. If you like to get aroung and explore, the train station is just around the corner and is a quick and cheap form of transport.
3. The standard of evening entertainment was a great excuse for an early night.
4. The hotel was very cheap.
This hotel should not be rated no5. it will not provide you with an enjoyable holiday experience unless you have very low expectations!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Costa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Costa
- Royal Costa Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain