“"not as good as the reviews"”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Natursun

Hotel Natursun
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“"not as good as the reviews"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I went to this hotel for a 4 day trip as I usually do at this time of year. I went on the reviews that I had read on here. It probably is the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. That's the good bit done. I think this hotel should be renamed "The Barking Dog Hotel". The dog mentioned doesn't belong to the hotel but if you've got a back room, this dog keeps you awake most of the night. Then there is the room ( 304 ). It was tiny with very poor lighting and the bed was solid. Definitely a room for one person. The door handle was ready for falling off and didn't seem very secure. The shower barely worked with only lukewarm water. I went b&b, but one night decided to order a burger and chips only to find that the chips were cold. Needless to say they were left. I would have complained but all of a sudden there was nobody around and since I was the only person in the room, I just left .Breakfast was continental and ok apart from some flies on the cold meat. The sound proofing in the room was non-existent because the 4 nights I was there, a person in the next room could be heard snoring constantly. In fact one night I heard someone chap their door only for the snoring to continue 5 minutes later. This hotel would be suited for travellers staying one or two nights. I wouldn't recommend it for a family fortnight.

Room Tip: A front room might help.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hagster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fuengirola, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very nice place to stay in Torremolinos. Easy access to beach and town centre. Rooms are large and clean. Staff all friendly and welcoming. beds were comfortable. TV available ( English was BBC world, mostly news). Parking however is a problem at this hotel and is only on the street. Pool was closed during how visit. Would I stay here again YES.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Derby, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our second visit to the Natursun Hotel and again we were pleased with both the hotel room, service and overall price. All the staff are friendly, helpful and courteous, the food is of a good standard with plently of choice, car parking very limited but OK as we were on a motorbike. Only a 10 minute walk in to town, nice pool area and reasonable meal times (i.e not too early for breakfast or dinner)

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed half board - Hotel lovely that is about it. When we complained about food they all of a sudden couldn't speak English. Nothing else but boiled egg, streaky rasher and mini frankfurters all done in the one pan. No veg for dinner any evening, no potatoes only chips. One morning no bread for toast at all. The management didn't want to know. When asked for bread for toast we were told they will get it later in the shop. Pork, Chicken or Fish for choice. There were not enough staff for catering. The crew who are running it don't seem to have a clue. Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TomByrne2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in September. It is a minimalistic but very modern small hotel, but this in no way detracts from the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. However, the lighting in the bathroom needs to be better with a light placed above the vanity mirror, making it easier to put make-up on and also better for shaving. Other than this small point everything was great.The staff are both very friendly, helpful and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble for them.Both the continental breakfast and the evening meal were very good, tasty and well prepared
with sufficient choice. We paid extra for a sea-view room, (10 euros per night), which we thought was a little expensive, however over the course of the 2 weeks we were pleased that we had paid this as the sea views were superb. Our grateful thanks to Susanna and Toni,(the owners) for making our holiday extra special. We will certainly returning, hopefully next year for 3 weeks.
Rosalie & Des Strode

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We chose this hotel because of some of the good trip advisor reviews and with some aspects of the hotel were pleasantly surprised. There were some bad points which I'll also mention. The rooms are very clean and surprisingly modern which is unusual for Spanish hotels. They have good air conditioning and the sea view rooms are especially nice. Only one suggestion with the rooms would be to have better lighting, especially in the bathroom. They use energy saving spotlights which take ages to get properly light. The rooms are also equipped with a mini fridge which is great and very unexpected. The breakfast is continental and as far as continental goes, is very good. You can't expect too much when the hotel states clearly only continental breakfast is on offer. We didn't try the pool area this time as we preferred the beach however it looked nice enough. As for the not so good points - on arrival we were asked if we would like to upgrade to a sea view room however at 10 euros a night we chose not to accept however they gave us one anyway as they said they had no other rooms to give us - no more said on the matter, They also put my mother directly opposite us which was great because she is not so well and I was able to visit her room quickly if needed. However (this is where the trouble started) after my mother had unpacked, we received a call stating my mother had to move rooms to a single room downstairs. This caused a lot of distress as we spent our first few hours unpacking, packing then unpacking again. And it gets better..... on day 3 I received another telephone call asking me to move rooms. They couldn't speak very good English however managed to explain in order to stay in the sea view room, we would have to pay the 70 Euros! I explained we declined the offer initially and it was a bit much to give someone something then to take it away or insist on a payment 3 days later. The staff explained they had another guest who was willing to pay the 10 Euros a night extra and so they needed the room. As you can imagine, we were seething and refused to pay for something we had not even asked for, so ended up having to move rooms to the first floor. The second room looked onto the rear of the hotel, no issues with it at all (view not very nice but not a major issue). After that we didnt have much to do with the staff as I felt they could have easily overlooked the issue considering they had already made my mother move rooms unnecessarily. For that reason, I'm not sure whether I would stay at this hotel again, but it is the only reason. Be prepared - if you ask for a sea view room on the booking, it will cost you 10 Euros a night on arrival and if they put you in one without you asking, they may ask you to move rooms later during your stay or pay up! Just to mention some other aspects of the hotel which do need improvement - hot water was an issue, mostly cold at 07:30 am which was not good. On my last day, I had to get up at 6am and had to endure a cold shower. Finally, if you are taking someone elderly with you, I would not recommend this hotel. It's quite a walk down to the beach front, yes only 10 minutes or so but all down hill. Also, the driveway to the hotel is quite dangerous, there is no footpath.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room on your booking but only if you are prepared to pay 10 Euros per night on ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard S
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just got back from our holiday to this hotel. 4 ladies of a certain age, we had adjoining sea view rooms. All of the staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. it was spotlessly clean. It's a small hotel with a small pool and jacuzzi. Sun loungers are limited because of the space. It has no indoor lounge to escape from the heat of the sun and no set bar but drinks are always available from reception. Breakfast is basic and very repetitive. Main square with shops and restaurants is a 10 minute walk up a small hill with the beach about the same distance down a steeper hill. Buses stop just outside to take you to both Malaga and Fuengirola. Very cheap way to travel around. Special mention must go to Antonio and Susanna for their care and attention.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room. Back rooms look onto residencies and rail line is very close.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends