“Amazing value for money”

Hotel Roc Costa Park
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
“Amazing value for money”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have just returned from a lovely holiday with my partner at Roc Costa Park. Reading the poor reviews of this hotel having just come back has amazed me, how anyone could complain about this hotel considering the how cheap it is is beyond me.

The service was excellent throughout. We had a very early flight and arrived before midday fully expecting to have to entertain ourselves for a few hours whilst we waited for the room to be prepared but no, we were allowed to check in and go to our room straight away. The reception staff were very helpful and spoke perfect English (and many other languages from what I heard). All of the other staff at the hotel were very friendly and smiley and always said hello and thank you which added to a very positive atmosphere.

The room we were allocated was a corner room in the annex building which boasted a very large balcony (we were very lucky here as the other balconies looked a lot smaller). The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was pleasant with a powerful shower with easy temperature control. We slept well every night bar one where some very considerate guests thought it would be a good idea to shout up and down our corridor and later decided to communicate through whistling which was a little odd but obviously no fault of the hotel.

We were both very impressed with the swimming pools although we did only spend our time around the main pool as the others were aimed more at children. The main pool wasn't massive but there was always plenty of room if you wanted to swim and it was never over crowded. There were plenty of sun beds and umbrellas however there was definitely an issue (as there nearly always is at hotels) with people attempting to reserve sun beds with their towels for hours on end. However one lifeguard did not take kindly to this and began removing peoples towels if he could see they had been left for ages which ended up resulting in a heated argument with a spanish family of guests... To be honest though I was just pleased to see that someone actually bothered to do something about it. All too often lifeguards seem to let people get away with it. Other than that the pool was spotless and they clearly spent a lot of time cleaning the water and the pool area in it's entirety which was nice to see.

The hotel was spotless throughout, very impressed with how clean it all was. Inside, outside, corridors, rooms... always immaculate. The rooms were cleaned every day. If you still in your room when the cleaners came they were more than happy to come back later.

We loved the restaurant here. We would look forward to dinner every night which may seem a little sad but it really was that nice. It was a buffet service so there was no pressure to leave. There was always plenty of choice and variation between nights. I felt spoilt for choice every night but then again I am not a fussy eater. Although they did definitely attempt to cater for those who are happier with their pizza, pasta, chips etc. but I imagine those people probably became bored very quickly with the food on offer. The desserts were lovely also. I probably ate more cake that week than I did over my last 22 birthdays haha. Breakfast was what you would expect. It was the same every day but it was all pleasant and we didn't go hungry. Another nice addition were the free wine, beer and soft drinks available at dinner. I have never seen free alcohol being offered on a half board basis so that was a very nice surprise.

Finally, the location. I have seen several people complain about where Roc Costa Park is situated, with some guests stating it's up to a 40 minute walk away from the centre. My boyfriend and I had absolutely no trouble in locating the town which, for us, was a mere 20 minute walk away at most. From there it is a little further to the beach but who could complain about taking a stroll in the beautiful Spanish sunshine? For those who are less able to walk the hotel does provide a free shuttle service which runs frequently throughout the morning, stops for a few hours in the afternoon and then has a few more services in the late afternoon/early evening. If you want your hotel to be right on the beach, do not opt for this hotel. Simple as that. Perhaps check where the hotel is before you book next time.

Overall I have to say this hotel was brilliant for the price we paid and I would recommend it to any young couple.

13 Thank Becca R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just got back from a 4 night stay at Costa Park which has changed its name from El Pinar. Bad points, Air Con was poor, didn't work, left the balcony door open instead so nothing too bad. A major bad point was the fact that they have birds nest all over the building and sadly for us we had one on our balcony. There were 3 little chicks birds in there making a racket and also pooing all over the floor which is a real pain.
The concierge desk is okay, but it takes a long time for you to be served.
Sleeping is fine, the beds are comfy enough and its quiet enough too. Our room was very clean too.

Was very scared of what to expect from the hotel after reading the reviews on here but it really isn't like people make out. Was a brilliant holiday just went too quick. Recommend this hotel, cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: Getting a room on a higher floor for the views is a good idea.
2 Thank Daniel C
UK
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and had to change rooms twice and cannot believe how noisy and over run the hotel gets at weekends. It really is a living hell when all the native Spanish invade the hotel and take it over. If you are a travelling guest beware as you may as well spend the weekends somewhere else as you get sick to death of all the late night noise, lack of space and groups of locals taking over everything you can see!! We upgraded to a junior suite and even in that block the noise and lack of respect from other guests partying into the early hours is incredible. Of course I appreciate people go away for party holidays but this hotel advertises itself as a family hotel!!!!!! Food is very average, same things each night that soon become very bland and the swimming pool is a whole new story. People queue to get in the pool which opens at 10am and the space by the pool gets taken up within minutes of opening. Would I go back?? No way!!! Would we recommend for families??? Absolutely not!!! Staff dealt with complaints when we made them and did their best however too many major problems to make it worth a visit. Be warned!!!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ace3

Travellers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

we had a brilliant holiday,we were a bit scared because of the reviews we had read but I can honestly say its a lovely hotel.The food was nice mainly Spanish but there was plenty to choose from,plenty of grounds around the hotel to get comfy for the day. The pools were great , entertainment was for the kids.The only problem really was it is not close by to things but they put a free bus on for you or you can pay 7 euro in a taxi to go to the town center or its a nice walk. A lot of Spanish use this hotel ,me and my husband will definatly be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frances h
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Me and my partner have just returned from our 7 night stay here. (30th May - 6th June). We want to give you an honest review from our perspective to help you decide if you will enjoy this hotel.

I wouldn't say this is a 4 star at all. We have had to complain because the hotel was advertised as having a Gym which it does not have. It also has no iron in the room and only one decent sized pool. Also the aircon is appalling and you will generate more cold air by elaving the balcony door open than you will with the hotel aircon. Every night we ended up red hot which makes it harder to sleep. Its facilities were 3 star at best. But the place is very clean and the rooms were cleaned every day.

The layout of the hotel is also very strange and not good if you struggle to walk far because you have to get 2 separate lifts and walk for 2-3 mins to get to where your rooms are.

We arrived on a Saturday and we were amazed at how many Spanish people were here. We didnt spot an English person until Monday. We came to the conclusion that this hotel has a massive influx of Spanish people between Friday & Sunday, so on all of these days the hotel is crazy busy, the pool is busy and the restaurant is carnage. There are ques to enter to eat and get your food & drinks and the lifts take forever to come to you because they only have 3 lifts available and for the capacity of the hotel this is not enough. The Monday - Thursday period it was like a different hotel. Lost more English voices, very calm and peaceful and no huge ques to eat etc.

The hotel is a 20-30 min walk away from the centre or you can get a bus. The nearest beach is also the same distance. If you want a good "Night Life" you need to get a Taxi to Puerto Marina which is 15 euros each way or its another bus. This is the only place we found decent night life, pubs, music, dancing etc.

The hotel entertainment was very average. it consisted of one room with a bit of a stage and a bar. They did bingo and Karaoke nights but that was it. We stayed around the hotel for one night out of the 7 and I don't think any young couple would handle more as there is so little to do. We were also disappointed that around the pool they had speakers yet only once or twice did they play any music to create a nice atmosphere so all you had to listen to was people jumping in and out the pool.

The food was decent. Plenty to pick from, tasted very nice and always a good satisfying meal. We read some bad reviews about the food choice before we went but trust me we both love our food and this hotel does give nice food with lots of variety so it was the best part of this hotel.

On our second night we did have a random person walk into our room as reception had not allocated the room to us when we checked in. I did complain about it but this and it didn't happen again.

Apart from this we had a nice holiday. The staff were friendly and for what we paid we got a decent hotel and lots of food and beer. We spent most our holiday away from the hotel and this meant we had a great time exploring and getting about. But we wouldn't stay here again because of the reasons above.

1 Thank Dan7eL_7
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have just got back from this hotel which I stayed at for 5 nights as a solo traveller, all inclusive. The hotel is clean but I would say its a good 3* not 4*. The hotel is great for kids and families as most of the entertainment was geared around them.
The food was ok but I wouldn't say it was great. Some nights the food is better than others. Drink is mainly out of a machine which is great to help yourself. You can get cocktails at the bar but I wouldn't say they were great. I asked for a piña colada and I got a cup with rum in it and got told to put my own pineapple juice in it..... Hardly a cocktail!
The shuttle bus is a good idea and you can get a list of the times it runs at reception.
On my last day check out was at 12pm and I was not being picked up until 8.30pm. Reception allocated a room for me at 6.30pm for half hour so I could have a shower, free of charge. During the day my suitcase was kept in a locked room. I thought this was a great service as it really helped me out. Reception were always helpful and friendly.
Overall this hotel was ok, as a 28 year old solo traveller I would prob not stay here again unless I have kids in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mawatts2101
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went for a week with my wife. Great service and plenty Beer on tap lol.
Food was ok always something you can eat (spanish food is not my thing)
Very clean Hotel and staff all around weere helpfull and second to none for service.

I would Highly recomend this place especialy if you are taking children.
Night entertainment when we we re there in may was only for kids buy hey ho a Brilliant stay!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple