“Poor Value for Money”

Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Poor Value for Money”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent 1 week at this Hotel, returning on Saturday 5th July. Bedroom was clean but communal areas and restaurant not! Flies constantly in restaurant, and indeed in the gardens, although I don't suppose they can do too much out there? The quality of the food I found very poor and repetitive. The cleanliness of cutlery and dishes left a lot to be desired.
Pool is locked (?) until 10am every morning and the queue for access is something I have NEVER seen before - lots of arguments about beds at the pool as not enough of them for the size of the Hotel - I never even tried to go to pool and only spent 2 days at Hotel grounds, preferring the beach. Shuttle bus service seemed ok, but I walked (a good 30mins!) over a few busy roads to get to Beach. Lots of locals (very noisy, they shout/bang doors all the time) seem to use this Hotel for long weekends and simply take over, ignoring you if you are waiting at reception etc. Most annoying. I would rate this Hotel as a poor 3 star, never a 4 star. Would I recommend this Hotel - NO

Room Tip: Ask for room away from terrace bar/entertainment area. Swallow type birds nesting here as well, wit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Julie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The journey from the airport to the hotel took 10minutes or so. On arrival, the reception desk was well presented and welcoming, with two members of staff ready to help out. The receptionist checked us in quickly and ensured we knew exactly where to go for the rooms/restaurant/pool/bar etc. The staff are very friendly and are personable should you have any queries/issues.

On trying our room key, it did not work.. so I went to reception, explained the situation and within seconds a new card along with a spare was given to me promptly and they couldn't apologise enough.

The only odd thing about this hotel is that you have a little walk to the other side of the building where the rooms are (Separate to the facilities). However, 2 lifts are available to gain access to the hotel rooms and floor 1 allows direct access to the pool. There is a relaxation business (fish spa, massage etc located within the hotel along with a sweet shop, clothing shop and also a general shop (all bits and bobs you may require for your holiday).

The food choice at the hotel is good, some dishes were tasty but the only downside is that some of the food is not labelled in order to know what you were eating. This may be an issue for people with allergies. However, all you have to do is ASK!
The restaurant has lots of eating space, with all drinks being self service. The restaurant is kept clean, with the use of efficient staff to clear away plates and dirty tables ready for the next guest. You will more than likely be queuing to enter the restaurant on weekends, as it gets busy and over crowded by the Spanish!

There is a decent size terrace area for nighttime drinks and the bar is que only for spirits. Therefore, soft drinks, beer, wine, sangria, juices and hot drinks are self service which make life much easier!

The pool opens at 10am and was clean and of a decent size with a pretty surrounding area and a vast amount of sun loungers. However, if you suffer back pain etc.. use the blue loungers, the brown woven beds are a little uncomfy/bumpy due to no mattress/padding! Just for the record, there IS music by the pool and to be fair, its chart music along with a few spanish songs but the pool has a great atmosphere. One thing I will say, is inflatables are only for children.. your also not allowed balls in the pool and they are very strict with "NO DIVING" haha. But the lifeguard is a pretty sight for the ladies!

Children will not be miserable in this hotel, the entertainment team are friendly and fun. They're always smiling and encouraging kids to join them in their foam party, water balloon fight and pirate day. Oh and the kids disco! Night entertainment isn't very impressive but its ok and you can always go into town if your bored which is around a 15-20minute walk or catch the free bus, located at the bottom of the hill.

The rooms are extremely spacious, biggest hotel room Ive stayed in! Two large single beds were pushed together with comfy, soft pillows and a soft blanket. The Bed linen is changed every 3 days but the room is given a full clean everyday including towel change (leave them on the floor). The bathrooms are large and have a good layout, with the toilet having a sectioned area away from the shower/bath. This gave more space. A hair dryer, hand wash and body wash are provided by the hotel, along with two large towels and two smaller towels.
There is sufficient wardrobe space, along with additional drawers and cupboards. Within the cupboard is a safe which can be purchased for €30. The balcony was nice and spacious and had a good view.
The room also had a vast amount of plugs for your electric appliances and there was a door between the hallway and bedroom which minimised any noise from out in the corridor. Air conditioning is ok, it's not as cold as what I have previously experienced, but it did cool the room down.

Taxi to the town is €7 and around 5-10minutes... walking isn't too bad if your use to long distances! The nightlife is really good with quite a few nightclubs located on the beach. A very pretty hotel with lots of space and an enjoyable holiday! Shame about the location, feels like your in the middle of nowhere...

7 Thank ladywelsh
Dewsbury
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just come back, bit far from beach but theres a free bus, no fridge in rooms , rooms clean but very dated xpected more for a 4star, food ok plenty of it, flys did my head im though in resturant, staff really nice, entertainment poor, lots if spanish there, pool very overcrowded hard to get a sunbed, enjoyed it though

Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time, the bus to the beach and town worked out well. It's nice to be closer but the bus made it not a problem.

Food very good, lots of choice, bar snacks typical and its not clear but these are all inclusive.

No rose wine In bar only restaurant sadly. It was er Ok, I drank enough and didnt moan. :-)

Pool area was great, several pools and me any my daughter(3yo) used them all.

Overall would recommend as a budget hotel, provided very well was pleasantly surprised.

Would I return? Yes, we had a good time no complaints.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike J
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just returned from a 10 day all inc. holiday from roc costa park. Was a bit worried after reading the reviews, but can honestly say we had a great holiday, myself, partner, mother and two children aged 2 & 7. The staff were fantastic and could not be more helpful, especially roberto at reception. Kids had a ball joining in with all the activites, extra thanks to Mari, Carolina, sebas, javi and Charlie who work extremely hard. Rooms are pretty basic but cleaned every day so happy with that. I thought the food was good, plenty of selection and never ran out while we were there. If I had to make one negative comment it would only be to say it got too busy for us on the last few days and having to que up for the dining room with the kids wasn't ideal, apart from that a fantastic family holiday and would defo go back. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: We had two rooms next door to each other in the other building, room was fine dont know how the room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gillian W
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here with a friend on a 4 day break , half board , we arrived very late , it was about 1am , the reception staff were great , friendly and helpful, we were told a meal was waiting for us in the restaurant even tho we were so late , we were even told we could I pack first if we wished , we took our cases to the room which by the way was massive , more later on that,, went to the restaurant to find tables laid with meats, fish, cheeses and salads , with serve yourself red, white wine , sangria , San Miguel or soft drinks . Going back to the room it was huge we had a twin room which was more like a small apartment , it had a sofa bed , table and chairs , drawers and fitted wardrobes with loads of room spare , the bedroom had drawers and twin beds , patio doors which led to a massive balcony , we were overlooking the pool area which had the stage just below us , we were on 2 nd floor , it could be a bit noisy at night but that stopped for the best part at mid night . Plenty of room around the pool area and grassy area for sun loungers , nice pools and separate children's pools with slides etc. Pool closed off completely at 7pm . Food was great , huge choices with something for everyone with on tap red wine , white wine sangria and beer as well as soft drinks which we had access to even tho we were half board , I have never had free drinks with an evening meal on half board basis before , free shuttle bus regularly which runs down to the beach , we walked there on the first day and took about 20 mins or so but it is quite hilly . We found everyone friendly at this hotel , lots of Spanish seem to holiday there too. The entertainment was not great but they tried and at times it was quite funny because it was bad . All in all I would recommend this hotel , clean spacious and friendly, brilliant value for money .

Room Tip: We had a corner room on second floor, 2221 , it was huge and faced the pool area quite a nice view t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Juliet M
Hull
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my friend from the 20th-27th June and was very impressed from start to finish. Reception staff were very helpful and got us sorted into our room efficiently whilst also giving us the useful information on meal times etc.
I read a lot of bad reviews regarding the food prior to visiting the hotel, I however thought the food was fantastic with plenty of choices each night and the dishes were always been refilled.
We used the large pool a lot throughout the week as it was very nice with a good atmosphere, although it did get very busy at times however if you arrived 10/15mins before it opened you would get a decent subbed without any problem. The entertainment staff were fantastic and had things going on day and evening and would always try and get everyone involved without been too pushy! Some would argue the entertainment is more for children- I can see where they are coming from however I still enjoyed what they did!
Finally the room itself we got was brilliant. Very clean and tidy with a balcony view which was amazing. The room was cleaned everyday too with fresh towels etc.
Overall I would say that this hotel is great value for money, it is a budget hotel at the end of the day and people who are expecting 5* should be more realistic. I would definitely recommended this hotel to other people and would come back in the future!

3 Thank HaylsSun