“value for money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Roc Costa Park
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
“value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm at the RocCosta now and although not a 4 star it is a very comfortable clean hotel, offering all you'd expect from an AI hotel in this price range, always something Good to eat, staff friendly and accommodating, the hotel manager is very courteous and can't do enough for you, basically you get what you pay for I've stayed at much worse for the money

Room Tip: Pay 15 euro upgrade
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
4 Thank gareth48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I came to this hotel as my first girly holiday a few weeks ago. It was by far the most amazing hotel I have been to! The staff were extremely kind and helpful. The food was amazing, the entire atmosphere was super! I didn't want to leave! On the last night, the entertainment team of the hotel planned a surprise for my sisters birthday and gifted us a bottle of champagne and a delicious cake!
I would recommend this hotel to everybody as it is amazing.
On top of this amazing experience, I recently received my driving license in the post which was sent by the hotel as I left it in my room!
Roc Costa Park team and the manager are kind, generous and are the most awesome people I have met! Loved my trip, would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Usha S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just got home from this hotel, I travelled with just my mum and we had a lovely holiday. We arrived at 3am in the morning, to which we were greeted nicely and offered food!!! The food was really good, especially as my mum is a coeliac and didn't struggle to find food to eat. There is pretty much food all day whether it be the restaurant or a snack bar. I liked how they did the drinks, you queued at the bar for your spirit and then used your own machine for the mixer. There is three bars, one by the entertainment which is noisy, one by the pool which wasn't open and another by the pool which was a good option if the entertainment didn't take your fancy.

The room was good and incredibly clean along with the rest of the hotel! When we arrived they had put us in a double room but asked us if we wanted a twin - before we even mentioned it :) The staff were quick to tidy up and clean and were very friendly and welcoming.

There are two pools a children's and a main, the pools are good however, too small for the amount of people there. We were queuing for an hour before the pool opened for a sunlounger and the pool opening times are 10-8, opens to late if you ask me!! Although, the pool is very clean.

The location of the hotel is ideal, they offer a shuttle bus to a partner hotel in torremolinos centre right by the shops and to the beach, this is free and runs all day. The hotel is also on the public bus line and this runs from malaga to benelmadena and is €1.65 each each way. This stops at popular resorts such as selwo Marina.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who asked :)

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
3 Thank HazelMann
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Just finishing our family holiday and I have to say we have a great time. Great value for money, lots of facilities day and night, drink on tap as much as you like. We never queued for the food sessions and the quality/variety of food was fantastic. My 2 children (6 and 4) had an absolute blast!! My only 2 negatives are that the reception could be more forthcoming with information about what there is to do in/around the area, bus times etc and also there were lots of things on the resort we didn't know about until today (teenage disco/kids club in the day)...finally, I would say the entertainment in an evening could be better, it is more geared towards to spanish customers but none the less we still really enjoyed it! Would definately come back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jodie F
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

just got back from this hotel and have to say we had a great time.I cant review what this hotel is like for families with children as only my wife and i travelled.im a young 52 ,the wifes an old 49 :). we arrived just before the lunchtime session finished but the receptionist put our luggage into storage so we could go straight into the restaurant for lunch,this was the only occasion we had to queue for food or drinks.it seemed that if you wanted to dine towards the end of that particular sitting then there was sometimes a queue,we always went into the restaurant early ish and had no problems whatsoever.the food was very good,always a decent choice,wine and beer on tap was also a winner.my favourite drink whilst dining was a half glass of ros'e topped up with the sangria,.the main bar area looked a little too noisy and cramped for us,this area was where the kiddies entertainment was staged in the evenings,there is a smaller bar with sitting area below the main bar which was very much relaxed and chilled.We walked to the beach almost everyday and took the bus to the town center for an evening out which broke up the week for us.This hotel is mainly occupied by spaniards which was no problem at all,we are all on holiday and everyone looked like they were having a good time to me.the only gripe i have is the spanish attitude to smoking,sometimes you can find yourself surrounded by smokers whilst having a drink at the smaller bar,not ideal for non smokers but nothing major.After reading some of the "anti spanish" reviews on this hotel i was a little concerned but we had no problems at all. we would stay here again ,no problem !!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank EnglandGeoff
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon arrival we were given a room which was at best substandard, however after complaining about this room and spending a prolonged amount of time at reception I was given a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite for the inconvenience. Our new room was fantastic, clean, modern and very spacious. From here the holiday went from strength to strength.

The food was fine, plenty of choice, different each day and brilliant quality (those who complained need to have a word with themselves). There was allsorts of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes as well as three different soups at lunch and dinner - two hot and one cold. There was also always pasta, pizza, chips etc for children/fussy eaters (like my partner).

The drinks choice and availability was brilliant, obviously local spirits (as you would expect having paid such a small price for a four star hotel), but a pleasant surprise was that the soft drinks were branded - Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Fanta Lemon and Fanta orange amongst others.

The pool was brilliant and despite negative reviews and ridiculous queues before 10am, it was very easy to get a sunbed throughout the morning if you just waited for the queues to die down.

Having entered the room of another couple during the holiday I think the first room we were allocated was a one off.

Night time entertainment was extremely poor but that is not what I was paying for.

Good value for money and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Katy D
chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

excellent value for money, clean, food satisfactory breakfast was probably the best but overall for price cannot complain. the hotel is located across a road the hotel runs a free bus just 10 mins to the beach, and at the hotel you can pay for 2 sunbed and a parasol on the beach for 5 euros and absoute bargin as the beach charge more. Entertainment was ok, rooms clean, with a nice balcony there is free wifi in the reception area so crisis over. There is a small pool and a rectangle pool that opens at 10am

A great short break not far from the airport just 20 euros in a taxi so ideal, good hotel, beds comfortable only thing is the airconditioning was not very cold otherwise fine.

Room Tip: short transfer, free bus to beach 10 mins away, food and drinks ok good value for price.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends