“4 star”

Hotel Roc Costa Park
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
“4 star”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was exceptionly clean,rooms were a fair size and aircon was very good,the pool was cleaned properly every day,however this was done @9am wich meant pool doesn't open till 10am,wich also meant a lengthy que to get a sunned,the food was excellent and there was a lot of variety,we bookd with on the beach,wich advertised the hotel as having a gym,well it doesn't wich was disappointing as that was a decide ding factor 4 us to book it,however we still had a good holiday,the beach is 1 mile away,but free busses run every hour,the hotel was mainly dominated by Spanish tourists,overall though a good holiday,we paid £2800, for 4 adults all inclusive for 7 days,including transfers,there is also wi fi available £20 for a week,only 10 min from airport,there's not a lot of nite life in toremolinous though

Room Tip: Ask 4 room with a balcony
1 Thank Darran H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We (myself and my sister) had a fantastic break at the Roc Costa Hotel. The facilities are excellent 3 swimming pools and lots going on for kids. The beach is walkable however, there is also a free bus that you can get also stopping at Torremolinos. We were all inclusive and the drinks and range of drinks were fantastic. Most of them being self service which was an added bonus being peak season. The food was the best I've ever had at an all inclusive hotel. You will find something for everyone. The staff were all brilliant (very helpful and friendly). Only slight complaint I would have is that the air conditioning in our room was not amazing. It was bearable but still quite hot at night time. Also the pool could probably do with some more sun loungers as you really have to get down there early to secure one. Other than that a brilliant stay at a great price, would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank RWestwood91
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a last minute trip to get some sun, I wish I hadnt bothered!

The hotel simply cant cope with the numbers staying there and at meal times its like a cattle stampede, for very poor & repetitive food.

I've no idea how the staff cope with the volume of guests transiting through the hotel, they were the only shining light in my whole stay there.

Biggest issue is the rude and ignorant families, from all countries. Children sticking their hands into buffet plates and half-eating food before throwing it back on the plate. At breakfast guests seem to spend most of their time stuffing food into bags. God knows why as the food was very poor.

At night, guests rolled back into rooms until 2 am, with children screaming up & down the corridors.

Some costs you wont see advertised;

Safe is €3.50 per day plus €10 deposit
WIFI is €4.00 per day BUT only for one device at a time. Its also very slow & keeps logging out.
Beach beds are €4.50 each on the Roc hotel plot on the beach. Further along the beach you can get beds for €3.00 per bed.

Lastly, we never once managed to sit at the pool. Beds are taken at dawn and are crammed in as tight as possible.

Overall; Its a 2 star hotel at best, over sub-scribed by mostly rude & very loud guests.

The facilities & amenities simply cant cope. I actually feel sorry for the staff having to work in that environment every day.

Unsurprisingly, I wont be back. If you do decide to chance it, remember you've been warned.....

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1872_Graham

Travellers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Shaw, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just had a great weeks stay with my daughter,everyone nice and friendly from reception to the management can't do enough to make your stay welcoming,nice choice of food something for everyone,rooms clean, towel's changed daily,nice pool areas,gardens to relax in,only fault i found was no type of ramp leading to the pool areas just steps,saw people struggling to get there prams down,and if your a single person its not easy,maybe if they made a small adjustment to cater for prams and wheelchairs so they too could sit in the nice gardens,there is a lift down to the other building but lots would'nt know where it lead to,i would go again as we did have a lovely time there.

Room Tip: Can only speak on ours 2207,, not much to look at but quiet and away from the lifts which can get no...
1 Thank Jan C
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm at the RocCosta now and although not a 4 star it is a very comfortable clean hotel, offering all you'd expect from an AI hotel in this price range, always something Good to eat, staff friendly and accommodating, the hotel manager is very courteous and can't do enough for you, basically you get what you pay for I've stayed at much worse for the money

Room Tip: Pay 15 euro upgrade
4 Thank gareth48
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I came to this hotel as my first girly holiday a few weeks ago. It was by far the most amazing hotel I have been to! The staff were extremely kind and helpful. The food was amazing, the entire atmosphere was super! I didn't want to leave! On the last night, the entertainment team of the hotel planned a surprise for my sisters birthday and gifted us a bottle of champagne and a delicious cake!
I would recommend this hotel to everybody as it is amazing.
On top of this amazing experience, I recently received my driving license in the post which was sent by the hotel as I left it in my room!
Roc Costa Park team and the manager are kind, generous and are the most awesome people I have met! Loved my trip, would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Usha S
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just got home from this hotel, I travelled with just my mum and we had a lovely holiday. We arrived at 3am in the morning, to which we were greeted nicely and offered food!!! The food was really good, especially as my mum is a coeliac and didn't struggle to find food to eat. There is pretty much food all day whether it be the restaurant or a snack bar. I liked how they did the drinks, you queued at the bar for your spirit and then used your own machine for the mixer. There is three bars, one by the entertainment which is noisy, one by the pool which wasn't open and another by the pool which was a good option if the entertainment didn't take your fancy.

The room was good and incredibly clean along with the rest of the hotel! When we arrived they had put us in a double room but asked us if we wanted a twin - before we even mentioned it :) The staff were quick to tidy up and clean and were very friendly and welcoming.

There are two pools a children's and a main, the pools are good however, too small for the amount of people there. We were queuing for an hour before the pool opened for a sunlounger and the pool opening times are 10-8, opens to late if you ask me!! Although, the pool is very clean.

The location of the hotel is ideal, they offer a shuttle bus to a partner hotel in torremolinos centre right by the shops and to the beach, this is free and runs all day. The hotel is also on the public bus line and this runs from malaga to benelmadena and is €1.65 each each way. This stops at popular resorts such as selwo Marina.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who asked :)

• Stayed August 2014