“Unexpected success!”

Hotel Roc Costa Park
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My hubby and our little 7 year old booked a last minute holiday to this hotel and was not expecting the week that we had! The hotel excelled our last minute expectations and for children it was very good. We enjoyed the food and the entertainment group lead by Charlie was great for adults and children and also from 11am - 11pm! Pleasantly surprised...the free bus from the front of the hotel was fab alongside the water park and croc park being so close! This would be suitable for families and we did go to the beach but ended up back at the hotel as the beach was quite stoney. The only things which I would say would be that I had a better travel first aid kit with me than the lifeguards and the air conditioning in the room was not great but after a few slush puppies it didnt seem as warm!

Room Tip: We were in the main hotel but over the front entrance, we did not hear a thing but if you were over...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Costa Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear guest,

Your review of our hotel ROC Costa Park is very much appreciated. We are always very happy to receive clarification that our guests have enjoyed a wonderful holiday and have left with happy memories.

Our combination of both competent and friendly service is one of our main priorities and we are constantly working to provide our guests with a genuine all-round experience. So when our multi-faceted efforts in all our areas are appreciated by our guests, this is obviously considered a success for us.
Again, we thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just come back from a 10night stay in this hotel. We arrived 12.30pm on the tuesday, the staff were great we checked in fine. We were on the 11th floor which was not a problem for us. The room was clean and spacious. The main pool opened at 10 which most days I went down after breakfast and put towels down, the only thing I thought was abit daft was you weren't aloud inflatables but you were in the other pool. The food was lovely if you weren't fusy. The free bus down into the centre and beach was great although we did find it a nice to walk down which took 15minuets.The entertainment was fun and enjoyable we spend most of our nights there, the day entertainment was good for adults and kids. You can get free wi fi in reception or pay for it in your room. Id recommend this hotel for a family with young children and couples. We enjoyed our stay and couldn't complain about anything. There was alot of spanish there but your in spain what do you expect! This didn't bother us.
Great stay.
Great staff.
Overall great holiday.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank jacksonhay

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Booked this hotel for a short break for myself and my 5 year old daughter. There was a festival on apparently so the hotel was extremely busy with large groups of people who were certainly making the most of the All Inclusive, drunk, loud, aggressive, violent and rude is an understatement! Not the kind of environment for a child, maybe a stag party but not a child.
The hotel itself is very date in parts but modernised in other areas. There was food and empty plastic drink cups all over the floors, in the lifts and corridors and a distinct smell of cannabis throughout the building.
The wye which was extremely long and disorganised to get in for food was policed by security who wore handcuffs and a batton/truncheon! He was more aggressive than most of the guests!
Needless to say I did not feel this was a safe environment for my daughter so I left the hotel in less than 24 hours. On checkout the staff agreed with all of my above points, apologised and said that if I stayed another day or 2 'more people like me would arrive and the hotel would be back to normal'. I was unwilling to do this as it was not safe. They refused to refund my costs for the hotel despite the fact I'd paid in full and had paid a second time for a new hotel.
I have since wrote to them to try to get a refund but again this has been refused!
Don't bother with this place unless it's a stag party!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank duskyd0818
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Costa Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear guest,

First of all we want to thank you for reaching out to us on Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your holiday with us ROC Costa Park and apologize you feel your experience was not as perfect as it should have been.

This feedback is very important to us and we will be making sure your remarks are bought to the attention of the appropriate management so they can make the necessary adjustments in the areas you highlight in your review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was pretty worried after reading some reviews of this hotel, but I shouldn't have been. My partner and I returned from a week stay and we had a fabulous time. The hotel is split into two parts and yes, there is a section with older rooms, but the rest of the hotel is modern and amazingly clean. Upon arrival we were placed into a tiny, 2nd floor quite scruffy room, (at 4am), but a simple conversation at 9am meant we were moved to a huge room on the 6th floor, no problems at all, no cost. The food is wonderful, always such a vast choice. Try and sit outside of the restaurant,not a as much seating, but we always managed it. Much more pleasant. Amazing facilities for the children, we will return with our kids next year! The bus service to the beach is good for the children or elderly etc (or lazy people). It's only a 15 minute walk to the beach, straight road and down hill on the way there, the option to jump on the bus is nice and they are frequent. The Roc hotels have their own beach section, with amazingly comfy sunbeds. Tempting in an all inclusive to stay in your hotel, but don't! This is a lovely family resort and if you head to San Miguel street you will find the most beautiful cobbled street with tiny, quiet Spanish bars.

The only warning flash I would flag....bonkers people (mainly Brits), queuing, yes queuing to put their towels onto sunbeds in the morning. Some for up to an hour!! I have holidayed abroad all of my life and spent several years repping and never have I seen this. Don't do it!! Don't be tempted to follow the crowd! Every day we got sunbeds together, where we wanted them and when. People are coming and going all the time, you will get a sunbed, don't waste hours of your hol with crazy people (or as my partner pointed out, maybe it's men trying it get a bit of piece and quiet from the wives and kids?!)

Absolutely gutted to return home from a fabulous hotel with fantastic facilities. You will love it if you stay here. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: If it looks tiny, then go with your gut feeling. 6th floor was fabulous, 2nd floor was tiny. Most ro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Firstly I have to say we have just returned from a very enjoyable holiday at roc costa.
Thought I would leave what I class as some helpful positives and negatives
Positives:
Great grounds all secured so older kiddies can roam around
Clean rooms, we upgraded and these were practically brand new
Not a massive massive choice of food, but what there was was served in the main restaurant absolutely gorgeous!
Great kiddies pool with pirate ship etc
No annoying queuing and fighting for sun beds as the pool doesn't open till 10am, so you just queue at the gate at 9.50am and we always got a bed (mid six week holidays too)
Remote location but the shuttle bus is always on time and regular ( but don't run into the evening)
Lovely seating area outside at night, loads of space and lots of chairs
Very quick transfer from airport
Manager and his wife are brilliant, always on hand to help and take on any advice, a lady broke her leg while we were there and they were absolutely fab with them too
The whiskey is bells so my hubby was happy!
Beautiful beaches

Negatives

Most of the kiddies entertainment is only catered to Spanish speakers
The evening entertainment is rubbish,
The main pool is manned by regimented pool staff, no diving allowed and if this happens they will make your child sit on the pool side for 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!! No inflatables allowed under any circumstances!!!!!!!!!!! If you do go for lunch and leave your bed for longer than 60 minutes your stuff is removed and the beds given away. The pool beds are super super uncomfortable too!
The pool area beds are never moved and stacked at night so therefore its never thoroughly washed down or cleaned
The kids club isn't a kids club, it's just games which the kids can join in to do, you have to stay with children.
The times for pool opening is 10am too late for some, then dinner
/ lunch not open till 7.30pm and 1.30pm late for families with small kids. If you miss these times there is a snack option served at pool side which is diabolical, dry crusty slices of bread served with a knackered old toaster , with cheese and salad which has flies all over it,
Crisps and ice cream snacks are only available 2 hours per day and you have to ask for them from one bar. The snack options let the hotel down in my opinion.
Quite a noisy hotel too, chairs being dragged all over by the maids from 8am

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hibberd_Family

Reviewed 22 August 2014

my husband and i stayed there 12th aug 14 for a week all inclusive and we will definitely go back there again , we had double standard room which was spacious and clean , food was good and plenty of choice , free bus to town and beach and plenty of shops in town , beach was nice sand was very hot (lol) although we had no kids withs us there was lovely pools for kids of all ages and didnt see a miserable kid there , look forward to going there again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amanda s

Dear Guest,

We would like first and foremost to thank you for choosing ROC Costa Park for your recent vacation to Torremolinos and also for making the effort to share your opinion with us and the community of Tripadvisor.

Every day is a new challenge for ROC based on our passion for providing our guests an environment similar to a home from home. Our highly motivated and competent team ensures that our services as well as our hotels wealth of facilities provide a holiday feeling of the very special kind for our guests.

It is always very reassuring to read that we have managed to achieve this and that you have chosen to share this fact and published this complimentary review on our behalf. Again we thank you for sharing this constructive feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just returned from a short break with a friend. This is not a bad hotel. It is being refurbished but we were (hopefully) in one of the original rooms. The food is not bad but pork in one way or another served every day for lunch and dinner. They also offered fish and paella which I love so suited me fine. The vegetables are lovely. If you want a full English breakfast you'll have to go elsewhere. I personally loved the bacon and sausages but they are not the "normal" porkers that the English are looking for. There was a good variety of alternatives. Eggs could be boiled, fried, scrambled or omelettes made while you wait. Breakfast definitely best meal of the day. When we arrived we got sunbeds quite quickly but they were so uncomfortable it makes you wonder why people would queue for them in the morning. The courtesy bus to the beach is great. We only went on our last day but should have gone earlier. The beds there are super comfy. We paid at the beach because we didn't plan to go there but it is better to book in advance with the hotel as we paid 9.5 euros at the beach and you pay 5 euros at the hotel in advance. Top tip - wear sandals if you want to go into the sea. I went in my bare feet and now have blisters on the soles of both feet because the sand was so hot (my fault obviously:-)). The day before we left there was a new intake of guests. This resulted in a restaurant which resembled a canteen or a school dinner hall. It was bedlam. The staff coped remarkably well. Don't know if I could do it. All in all we had a nice stay. If you are a couple looking for a romantic break, forget it. If you are a group of friends looking for a party hotel, also forget it as you will have to sit through the children's disco (which doesn't start until 9.30 p.m.) and then the bingo in 5 languages before you get to any adult entertainment. Can't comment on the late shows because we got a few all inclusive drinks and sat on the balcony before the bingo even started. Don't write this hotel off. It is very nice but be aware of what you are booking.

Room Tip: We had room 115 which had views of the buildings opposite. If you looked to the far right and over t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank helenthejambo
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Costa Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We would like primarily to thank you for choosing ROC Costa Park for your recent holiday and also for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

Every day is a new challenge for ROC, based on our passion for providing our guests an environment similar in comfort to a home from home. Our highly motivated and competent team ensures that our services as well as our hotels wealth of modern facilities provide a holiday of the very special kind for all our guests.
We would take into account your suggestions so we would be able to keep improving our service.
So again, we thank you for sharing this constructive feedback with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,