“B-....could do better.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Roc Costa Park
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
“B-....could do better.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely rooms, nice staff, sometimes hectic meal times, food a bit basic, hotel clean and modern, grounds slightly less so. Entertainment very 'samey' tho not bad after a few drinks! Not all outside bar facilities were open despite demand which is a pain when slipping and sliding across paths with drinks etc for family and dodging kids running around. Kids got very little for their 'all inclusive-ness' ie ice cream only available 4-6pm!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We arrived late on sat evening around 10pm. We had two salads prepared for us which had been sitting out on the table already. I asked for bread to toast for my two and half year old but was told there was no bread. So my son had to eat oranges from the restaurant and raisins which I had packed in my luggage. Quite a variety of food if ur Spanish but didn't cater for other nationalities. Meal times were extremely busy and overcrowded and often had to queue. We got food from the on site shop which was pot noodles and cocopops. My son was sleeping and we weren't allowed to take food to hotel room meaning we missed out on meal times therefore we were forced to eat outside the hotel which was a godsend. McDonald's wasn't too far from hotel. We went to torremolinos town where food was first class. We ate out of bananas beach a few times overlooking the sea. The food was excellent there. We took my son to the pool once but the older children were a bit rough but he loved the slides and pirate ship. We found lying in the hotel room depressing so we tended to leave after breakfast which my son would not eat and go out for the day. The lady and gentleman selling the activities spoke good English and were lovely. We went to see the crocodile park and dolphin show which were brilliant and very enjoyable. Some of the Spanish were rude but not all. The cleaner on floor 9 was very pleasant even though she didn't speak English. We appreciated her friendliness..rooms were kept extremely clean and fresh sheets everyday. Rooms were dated but this wasn't a major problem. We went all inclusive to this hotel but I feel it was a complete waste of money.good job we brought extra money with us or we would have had problems.. This is a genuine review and I'm not fussy or nitpicking. When first reading the reviews i was unsure and thought we will try it but I'm sorry I would not come back here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Newton-Le-Willows, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I recently returned from a week's break with my 13 year old daughter after book6ing last minute and below is a fair review for the hotel.

Location - Not the greatest as it is around a 15 min walk into the main town or beach are however there is a free shuttle bus run by the hotel and it is only around 6 or 7 euro in a taxi which reception call for you and they are there in 5 minutes.

Hotel Cleanliness - Hotel is clean and tidy and maids clean the rooms daily. Absolutely no issues with cleanliness in the hotel in any way,

Hotel facilities - These are relatively good for a hotel of this standard with a games room, free Wi-Fi in reception area (Only 20 euros a week for all over Wi-Fi which is very reasonable compared to other hotels). A small shopping mall area with a convenience store that sells papers, toiletries, etc, etc. A Massage shop, a sweet shop with pic and mix and a clothes shop all of which were very reasonably priced.

Pool Area - There are two smaller pools and a larger main pool which were all decent and also a kids pool with slides that was great for smaller kids (up to around 9-10 I would say)

Mini Golf - Bit run down and didn't wee this used much

Park - okay again for smaller kids but on a bit of a slope.

Food - standard all inclusive fair and as well as main buffet there was hot plate with some meat carved for you (Turkey, Leg of Pork, Roast Beef) as well as another hot plate meat with various meets (Gammon, chicken breasts). Most nights we found something we enjoyed and there was plenty of fish dishes (which we dont enjoy so missed out as loads of fresh fish choices including plates of fresh prawns for lunch on several days) and lots of salad options as well as decent deserts and fruit. Always a hot soup and cold gazpacho on every day.

Also food served on outside snack bar for late morning and later afternoon snacks which was fine and you could make toasties etc.

We have eaten in all inclusive hotels for years and this is on a par with standard and some higher class hotels in Majorca & other areas of Spain. There is something if you not too fussy.

Drink - San Miguel on draft and self service. Soft drinks all branded on self service all day. Slushes for kids available most the day and the spirtis were pretty good for all inclusive. Jerikoff vodka which was okay or ask for the Eristoff which I was served a few nights after tipping th barmen one night.
Bells whisky and Gordons gin were also on the all inclusive with no extra premium.
Frozen alcoholic cocktail also available each night served from the slush machines.

Staff - friendly overall and barmen were nice.

Entertainment - again standard hotel standard with various shows on each night which although basic were good fun and the staff tried their best to keep everyone entertained. During our break there was a parrot show & a lizard and snake show for the kids in the evening.
Also a 4pm foam party one afternoon !

Overall okay hotel which seemed to cater for the last minute holiday groups (probably due to location) but great for a quick week away and only 10 mins from airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Johnboymcs22
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I recently spent 10 days at the Roc costa Park with my husband the hotel was very friendly and larger than we expected we had a room in the adjacent apartment block easily accesses threw the main building and the first few days were very quiet until two English lads moved into the room down the corridor who where very loud when they returned from town not the hotels fault at all and you can get that at any hotel just wish they had been a bit more considerate to other guests most of which had small children. I was a bit apprehensive after reading the reviews on here about rowdy Spanish. I never saw any yes there are a lot of Spanish families but you are in Spain and nobody pushed us around if anything they were just on holiday like us. We did find the best time to go to the restaurant was about 1.30 and before 8.30pm there are no queues at these times as the Spanish tend to eat later not a problem for us. We did find the aperitif time funny the crisps came out and they Spanish and English are like vulture's gone in 5 seconds. There is also a snack bar in the afternoon for chips burgers hotdogs great for the kids if they have an early tea and all the food was warm. Our toilet broke we reported it and within an hour the maintenance came and it was fixed the aircon wasn't too good but it was in the 100s and talking to most people in other hotels they had the same problem. The pool doesn't open till 10 which I thought was a good idea as people had to queue and couldn't put towels down around the pool you can get a sunbed on the grassed area at anytime which we preferred if you had young children there is a great pool with the ship for them and another small pool near the bar/snack area. Drinks are self service in the restaurant and the bar and we never had to queue unless you want a short then go to the bar which is very quick service for the amount of people they are catering for you can also get slush and alcoholic slush at night (usually one of the waiters is on guard to make sure the kids pick the right one) is also available great when its so hot. The hotel is a 20-30 min walk from town turn right at the bottom of the hill near the bus stop just keep going and it leads you into town there is a shuttle bus which we caught once good service but we walk a lot so it was somewhere to go the train station is turn left at the bottom of the hill and cross over the footbridge its 4e each return seems to be were every you go it stops at figuerola and the other way Malaga great aircon trains just get you ticket at the station the screen changes into whatever language you need just press the small icon on the left of the screen a lot more comfortable then the bus and quicker if you want to get about. The entertainment is great again for families and they try hard to join all nationalities in not too great for adults only but it is a family place really its a shame that most of the bars near by have closed down and a lot of the villas near by are closed up but the roc costa is doing a great deal and making people very welcome they came around with a questionnaire and one of the managers came around each area and asked if everything was okay so plenty of time to voice you view if you need to. All in all had a good stay but wouldn't go back not for us a s a couple great for a family holiday.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k_martin392
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My hubby and our little 7 year old booked a last minute holiday to this hotel and was not expecting the week that we had! The hotel excelled our last minute expectations and for children it was very good. We enjoyed the food and the entertainment group lead by Charlie was great for adults and children and also from 11am - 11pm! Pleasantly surprised...the free bus from the front of the hotel was fab alongside the water park and croc park being so close! This would be suitable for families and we did go to the beach but ended up back at the hotel as the beach was quite stoney. The only things which I would say would be that I had a better travel first aid kit with me than the lifeguards and the air conditioning in the room was not great but after a few slush puppies it didnt seem as warm!

Room Tip: We were in the main hotel but over the front entrance, we did not hear a thing but if you were over...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just come back from a 10night stay in this hotel. We arrived 12.30pm on the tuesday, the staff were great we checked in fine. We were on the 11th floor which was not a problem for us. The room was clean and spacious. The main pool opened at 10 which most days I went down after breakfast and put towels down, the only thing I thought was abit daft was you weren't aloud inflatables but you were in the other pool. The food was lovely if you weren't fusy. The free bus down into the centre and beach was great although we did find it a nice to walk down which took 15minuets.The entertainment was fun and enjoyable we spend most of our nights there, the day entertainment was good for adults and kids. You can get free wi fi in reception or pay for it in your room. Id recommend this hotel for a family with young children and couples. We enjoyed our stay and couldn't complain about anything. There was alot of spanish there but your in spain what do you expect! This didn't bother us.
Great stay.
Great staff.
Overall great holiday.

3 Thank jacksonhay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Booked this hotel for a short break for myself and my 5 year old daughter. There was a festival on apparently so the hotel was extremely busy with large groups of people who were certainly making the most of the All Inclusive, drunk, loud, aggressive, violent and rude is an understatement! Not the kind of environment for a child, maybe a stag party but not a child.
The hotel itself is very date in parts but modernised in other areas. There was food and empty plastic drink cups all over the floors, in the lifts and corridors and a distinct smell of cannabis throughout the building.
The wye which was extremely long and disorganised to get in for food was policed by security who wore handcuffs and a batton/truncheon! He was more aggressive than most of the guests!
Needless to say I did not feel this was a safe environment for my daughter so I left the hotel in less than 24 hours. On checkout the staff agreed with all of my above points, apologised and said that if I stayed another day or 2 'more people like me would arrive and the hotel would be back to normal'. I was unwilling to do this as it was not safe. They refused to refund my costs for the hotel despite the fact I'd paid in full and had paid a second time for a new hotel.
I have since wrote to them to try to get a refund but again this has been refused!
Don't bother with this place unless it's a stag party!

• Stayed May 2014