“Not bad”

Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We promise to provide the best food and service in the zone. After great success in alicante with your support, now we are in torremolinos. Give us a chance to serve you in a better way.
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I love Indian food so was really looking forward to it but it didn't live up to expectations. We asked for poppadoms but they were brought out with the starter so I didn't really want them. My paneer pakora starter was lovely but when the waiter was clearing up he dropped my plate spilling the salad I had left. A mistake and no big issue except he didn't clean it up, it was left around my feet.

The main course of butter paneer should have been lovely and it would have been but there was way too much salt in it. Such a shame as it could be so good. I will try it again next year and hope for the best.

There are newer reviews for Gandhi Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Went here last night, it was almost empty but we did go early. First impressions were good, helpful staff, decent choice on the menu, we ordered poppadoms and starters (Paneer pakora and chicken pakora) and butter lamb and butter paneer, despite being told the poppadoms would come straight out, they were brought with the starters, this meant they were mostly ignored. When the starter plates were removed (the pakora was very tasty) one was dropped at my partners feet, the plate was picked up but the salad was left scattered around his feet, not good especially as we were now the only inhabitants of the restaurant. The mains were also tasty but way too salty, maybe the chef had an off night, I hope so as I would love this place to succeed.

1  Thank spendleb48
GandhiTorremolinos, Owner at Gandhi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

hello sir, thanks a lot for your review about my place.
myself Anil, owner of the place.
And yes it was me who dropped a starter plate on your feet...
i didnt cleaned the salad on the floor , as i didnt want to make you feel awkward and didnt wana disturb you by cleaning floor near your feet.. but still.. i feel sorry about that..
And yes your 2nd complaint is genuine as well, as i recieved same salty complaint from another client, but thats tru as well that was first day when i recvd that complaint sir. nothing wrong with chef.. its my mistake, i bought a strong salt from market. And again please accept my apologies.
And give us another chance to serve you in a better way. THANKS a lot for your time. and your visit. sir. REGARDS :: ANIL

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Was so excited having read the reviews in this restaurant but was very very disappointed, the curry was powdery, the nan and rice was microwaved. As an Indian I have to say the only Hindu restaurant in Torremolinos failed to deliver. The Kathmandu is pricy but at least the food is good. As for the Ghandi whilst the owner was very pleasant, his food was actually very very dissapointing. We have not been back. Waste of money !

GandhiTorremolinos, Owner at Gandhi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

You are wrong. You are not my customer. And u from kathmandu indian restaurant.
I know you. You just joined tripadvisor. Just to write a bad review on my place.
But you did mistake now. I have reported your id

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Just finished a meal at Ghandi Indian Restaurant and was really impressed.

They have a really good value deal when dinning early which was a lovely surprise!

A selection of four starters, any chicken curry with rice or naan and and a drink. As two of us got wine we were given a full bottle!

Food was good and when ordering we were asked how hot we would like the curry with the promise of making it milder if it was too hot. My partner ordered a korma and I found it strange that rather than use coconut cream it appeared to be normal cream with dried coconut which wasnt unpleasant just different.

The decor looks a little more like an Italian restaurant if I am honest but it doesn't detract from the experience.

The restaurant is a little off the beaten track but is a gem and worth a visit - highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I been there 3 times with my wife, its all perfect , chef can make anything acc to your taste, their alishan tikka is best. Must visit !