“Delicious”

Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We promise to provide the best food and service in the zone. After great success in alicante with your support, now we are in torremolinos. Give us a chance to serve you in a better way.
Torremolinos
“Delicious”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We've eaten at the Gandhi 4 or 5 times and have had lovely food and great service on each occasion. The special menus are amazing value as Indian food can be quite pricey in Spain and a bottle of good wine thrown in is a bonus! I can recommend the paneer pakoras as mentioned in another review - simply gorgeous. We've never had anything to complain about so would recommend it to anyone who likes Indian food. Will definitely go back soon!

• Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Well worth seeking out.”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed in the Melia hotel on the beach front and were very disappointed with what we saw of the food offerings in that area...either basic Spanish or cheap fast food, fish and chips, second rate pizza etc.

Saw Gandhi on the internet and decided to give it a try.

Great food, Very efficient service, great manager...even ended up giving us a couple of Baileys for being good customers. Very good value and pleasant atmosphere.

We had a thoroughly delightful evening which made the effort of walking there very worthwhile (thankfully downhill after dinner) and still have pleasant memories.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lexus51
GandhiTorremolinos, Owner at Gandhi Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thanks a million sir. We are really thankful to you for your visit and giving us a chance to serve.
hope to get another chance soon. will try our best to make it better on your every next visit. thanks again.
“Another lovely meal ....”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Still consistently good.... Had a lovely Lamb Punjabi which I had never tried before and it was Delicious! Top Marks to the Chef!
Anil, our host was excellent as Always pandering to all our needs... The price is great, very reasonable the wine is good and very fairly priced, and the service and attention is first class.. Please give Gandhi a Try Anil works so very had to achieve perfection......

• Visited April 2013
GandhiTorremolinos, Owner at Gandhi Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thanks a million ! We wil be always in need of you. And promise to maintain our food quality.
Hope to see you and Tony sir soon !! Have a nice weekend !!
Regards :: Anil.
Manchester, UK
“Not bad”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I love Indian food so was really looking forward to it but it didn't live up to expectations. We asked for poppadoms but they were brought out with the starter so I didn't really want them. My paneer pakora starter was lovely but when the waiter was clearing up he dropped my plate spilling the salad I had left. A mistake and no big issue except he didn't clean it up, it was left around my feet.

The main course of butter paneer should have been lovely and it would have been but there was way too much salt in it. Such a shame as it could be so good. I will try it again next year and hope for the best.

Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Decent meal”
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Went here last night, it was almost empty but we did go early. First impressions were good, helpful staff, decent choice on the menu, we ordered poppadoms and starters (Paneer pakora and chicken pakora) and butter lamb and butter paneer, despite being told the poppadoms would come straight out, they were brought with the starters, this meant they were mostly ignored. When the starter plates were removed (the pakora was very tasty) one was dropped at my partners feet, the plate was picked up but the salad was left scattered around his feet, not good especially as we were now the only inhabitants of the restaurant. The mains were also tasty but way too salty, maybe the chef had an off night, I hope so as I would love this place to succeed.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank spendleb48
GandhiTorremolinos, Owner at Gandhi Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
hello sir, thanks a lot for your review about my place.
myself Anil, owner of the place.
And yes it was me who dropped a starter plate on your feet...
i didnt cleaned the salad on the floor , as i didnt want to make you feel awkward and didnt wana disturb you by cleaning floor near your feet.. but still.. i feel sorry about that..
And yes your 2nd complaint is genuine as well, as i recieved same salty complaint from another client, but thats tru as well that was first day when i recvd that complaint sir. nothing wrong with chef.. its my mistake, i bought a strong salt from market. And again please accept my apologies.
And give us another chance to serve you in a better way. THANKS a lot for your time. and your visit. sir. REGARDS :: ANIL