Sol Don Marco by Melia
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$150
  • Beachfront
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$55
  • Pool
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$154
Hotel Cabello(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$63
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Residencia Miami Hotel(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$71
Priceline
US$174
US$122
TripAdvisor
1,000 results
All reviewsdon pabloother hotelsnumerous poolssea viewhalf boarddining roomsister hotelacross the roadwhole complexlovely hotelsea frontbed and breakfastsun loungersplenty of sunbedsbuffet styleout of seasonlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I am just after getting back from there and I had to write a review. It was simply the best holiday I've ever been on and I couldn't fault the hotel on anything. The highlight of course was the animacion/entertainment team, they are honestly the nicest and most accomodating and welcoming group of people. There are activities to suit everyone during the day and they always make you feel welcome and special. The entertainment at night is brilliant, fun and outdoors beside a bar. The food was fantastic with choice to suit all. The premises are huge, room for everyone with all the variety of pools. It is a very secure complex with security and cameras. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and air conditioned. Staff are fantastic. I cannot describe how genuinely amazing this place was and it is my advice that everyone should go there. I have already started saving to go back next year! This is one holiday and group of people I'll never forget, it's like being home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TashaFitz
Reviewed 17 August 2011

After one night spent in a very bad hotel near Marbella, I decided to book somenthing in Torremolinos for the rest of the week. I could remember Don Pablo & Don Marco because I couldn't access the reservation site from home. So I called the number I had from the site and a very nice girl form the call center (Elena) told me she has something free in this hotel. It's been a good surprise when we arrive, because of the beautiful reception and the sweet lady (Estefania) at the reception. We had a nice standard room, not sea view because of the late reservation I guess, but big and with an amazing shower. Staff is very nice, you can walk around the 3 hotels and many swimming pools. The only negative thing we could say is about the cleaning, it's very "quick done". We were happy in general and certainly come back next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thanks for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We are aware of the two problems that you mentioned, and I am pleased that you mention them. As regards the smell, we have identified the source (not the fountain in fact, but a connection to the municipal drains) and we are taking action to remedy it. As we are at full occupation at the moment we will have to wait until the autumn as it will require excavating a portion of the road at the hotel entrance. However we have put into place a means of removing the effect in the meantime.
The power cut, which happened on the hottest day of the year and was due to the area's transformer burning out, created some challenges for the hotel. Standard emergency lighting (which runs on batteries) is designed for fire evacuation and comes on automatically when the mains power fails. In order to facilitate an evacuation it offers light for one hour before the charge in the batteries runs down; they then require 24 hours to get to full charge again. On this occasion we were without electricity for 3 hours in the afternoon, and then for another hour in the evening and these systems were not able to cope. We have had short power cuts in the past, but never more than a few minutes, so this emergency was unprecedented.
I am sorry if the receptionist seemed to be dismissive. It had been a very difficult afternoon attempting to maintain normal operations whilst working without any computer systems. This is not intended as an excuse, only an observation.
I am glad to hear that, despite these annoyances, your holiday was a success. We very much hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We've just returned from a week at the Don Marco and had a very relaxing week. We stayed B& B and found the selection available far superior to any other hotel we've been in. We enjoyed many days at one of the quieter pool areas - at one point we were the only 2 in the pool.
There were a couple of small negatives to our stay the first being the terrible stale smell on entering the Reception area(possibly stagnant water as the water feature was off most of our stay). The second was far more serious, we had a power cut early in the week and when we returned to our room the corridor had only one tiny emergency light which did not illuminate as far as our room. I went down to Reception and was given the loan of a torch, I pointed out to the Receptionist that there should be more emergency lighting in such a long corridor but she was very dismissive. Thankfully the power wasn't out for very long but I would have concerns about the lighting in case of a real emergency.
All in all we had a lovely time, and would go back at some time in the future.

1  Thank jackielMeath_Ireland

A very nice and complete review, thank you. It is great to see that people are really taking advantage of the options that we offer at the Son Don Hotels Complex, with different areas catering to guests with different tastes, requirements or just different moods on the day!
Your thanks have been passed on the Eva.
Jaime Floyer

Reviewed 15 August 2011

What makes a great stay, beyond the facilities offered, it is the staff warm welcome, their professionality, positive attitude and quick acion taking. Always caring about their custom.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

It is very rewarding to know that all the work we do is reflected in a happy staff who can enjoy interacting with our guests. Thank you and come back soon.
Jaime Floyer

Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was our fourth visit to the Sol Don Marco and once again it exceeded all of our expectations.
Even though we arrived early in the morning and it was peak season Eva on reception greeted us by name and had a room ready for us for an early check in.
The room was very well appointed, light and airy and as always the view is unbeatable.
Throughout the week Carmen (even though we never met her ! ) kept the room spotlessly clean and refreshed.
The variety of food available in the restaurant each evening is superb and there is definitely something to suit all tastes.
The ambience is certainly more restaurant than dining room.
Even though the beach is a mere 30 second stroll across the road you need never go there as there are so many pool areas in the complex to choose from !
There are some nice quiet and secluded areas to chill and read your books or more buzzy areas where there are organised games and social activities going on at various times during the day.
One of the things I like most about the Don Marco is the sense of quiet and calm on entering the lobby. It really is a haven right in the heart of Torremolinos.
Can't wait to return.