Another stay at the Sol Don Marco, it's like coming home, we relax immediately we arrive. Others have described the location and the facilities well. We were allocated the sea view room we had requested and that made my holiday. All the staff were helpful, cheerful and pleasant at all times.
I would just say that the evening dining experience on the first few days was less than enjoyable, but changed dramatically after a word about the problems, with the last week being a much more pleasurable and relaxed experience.
My husband went to Keep Fit most days and was really impressed with the way in which the exercises were geared around the age group of the people attending. The entertainment staff worked long and hard hours.
We enjoyed Mama Mia, although my singing along did drive my husband mad! We also went to a Tango Show held at the Sol Don Pablo, which was very good.
We had two enjoyable days out travelling by train first to Malaga where we visited the Picasso Museum and the Cathedral as well as having a good shop. The second day was again by train to Plaza Mayor where it was lovely to see a C&As again after all these years. Trains are every 20 minutes and much less expensive than in the UK, as well as being cleaner and more modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Expedia, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain