This was our second visit to Don Marco. We also came here last year and enjoyed it so much, that we decided to come back. We were not disappointed.
First of all I want to thank a number of the staff personally. I think it is important that this is done as the staff in the hotel make this the hotel what it is.
Miguel, Dani and Danny were excellent as part of the entertainment team. They were always smiling, pleasant and doing as much as possible for us to enjoy our holiday. I love my soccer and there were many games of soccer throughout our 11 day stay.
Javier on reception and Antonio in charge of meals in restaurant were also very helpful.
We thought Antonio was great in the Grease musical at night also
We also found the security man to be a lovely guy. Cleaning staff were excellent.
I also saw the manager of the hotel walking around the complex which is great to see.
There were a number of things that pleased us about the hotel
1 Proximity to the beach
2 Friendly staff who are more than helpful. Familiar faces seem to work there every year which is a great sign,
3 Rooms are kept exceptionally clean. New towels daily which is fantastic.
4. Food is plentiful, tasty and varied ( I cant believe some of the negative reviews here about the food). I have to be honest though I found the food nicer in the Pablo to the Marco.
5. Loads of lovely gardens and pools. You will never wait for a sunbed, plenty of them there.
6. Entertainment team are fantastic and enthusiastic. Great daily games such as soccer and beach volley which I really enjoyed. Also at night the shows were great particularly Grease, the lion king and Mamma Mia.
7. Great security in complex
8 Fantastic value for money
I would definitely give this hotel 5 stars however there are a couple of things which would make it even better.
1. tea/coffee making facilities in room
2. Wifi in room or more wifi spots in hotel perhaps by pool.
3. Air conditioning was loud at night sometimes and made it difficult to sleep. The hotel should possibly look at updating some of the air conditioning.
4. There could be more variety in the dessert although we did find it lovely.
5. The safe could be cheaper or free.
1 There is a supermarket down the road (mercadona) which sells wines, soft drinks and food at very competitive prices.
2. Kerp the card in the slot in the room to keep the room cool with the air conditioning.
3 Taxi is €20 from the airport.
4. Try the Pablo restaurant for lunch or dinner.
5 Take a trip up to the marina in benelamadena it is lovely.
All in all though myself and my girlfriend had a great stay and we look forward to returning again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Don Marco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco