“sun holiday”

Hotel Carmen Teresa
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A beautiful small hotel within easy walking distance to beach and strip.hotel is spotless and gardens while small are just beautiful.
staff were very helpful and friendly.
cant fault this hotel..
some people have being criticle of the breakfast..but its spain no ireland or england and consists of the usual bread cheese eggs and jams..this is what they eat..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerard m
There are newer reviews for Hotel Carmen Teresa

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed her for a week in July with my husband & 2 children aged 9 & 11. This place is beautiful. The gardens are fabulous & pool is lovely. Staff at this hotel were superb, its family run & mostly it was the family members who were working. They couldnt do enough for us. Rooms are spacious with lovely balcony with table & chairs. Rooms cleaned everyday. Less than a 5 minute stroll down hill to the beach & promenade which is full of shops, bars & restaurants. Had a brilliant week here & I will definatley be returning, hopefully next yr :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed again at the Carmen Teresa - my grandaughter and I were greeted by the owners who remembered us from last year.
Nothing is too much trouble for them; the hotel is spotless and rooms are cleaned every day.
In a great location, lovely gardens and pool.
But the breakfasts are very basic but you won't go hungry if you fill up on bread, salami, eggs, ham and cheese!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front overlook a busy main road. We liked it there because we are nosey and like t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Just back from a weeks stay at the carmen Teresa , we had a great time . The staff were so friendly , rooms were cleaned daily .lovely gardens to sit out in, and a small pool. Great location only few minutes walk to the beach and the supermarket is right beside hotel too. Would definitely return to this hotel again .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was confident about the resort as I went last year, however, I stayed in a different hotel. After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was even more confident about this hotel and I was right to be! We arrived at the hotel well after 1am and there were 2 polite men who worked there to greet us (Im guessing one was the owner as he was drinking at the bar rather than serving!). Check in was no problem, they were very friendly telling us that 'in this hotel you will be treated like family' and we got a free alcoholic shot! We got up to the room which was spectacularly clean with a 32inch flat screen, double bed, dressing table, large wardrobe, en-suite with a shower/bath. The previous reviews were right about the bath plugs, there are none. However, its not the end of the world and the shower was good enough. You also get a large balcony in pretty much all the rooms. The view was really lovely and it was really nice to sit out there late at night. We had a garden view and could see mountains in the background along with a slight view of the sea! We were on the top floor so could see pretty much everything. You are always guaranteed a sun lounger especially the time of year we went. You may have to get down there by 11, but its not a big issue to get one even though there are only around 12! there's also lots of grass to lie on too. I was very touched by how well this hotel is looked after. Every one of the staff was friendly including the maids. The rooms cleaned everyday and the sheets changed regularly. The gardens are beautiful with a small fountain by the pool. At night, the gardens are lit up and its lovely to sit there either before you head out or after a night out as there are tables and chairs. So calm and peaceful! I'm being honest, you can hear the road but it didnt bother me in the slightest and i dont fall asleep that easy. Its very quiet after about 11pm and who goes to bed before then on holiday? We spent most days by the beach and towards the end of the holiday, even though there were loungers, some 'loud' families started to arrive and we prefered the beach from then on. This of course, isnt the hotels fault. You can hire a lounger at the beach for 5euros each and you get service from the restaurant if you go to the one at the bottom of the hill directly from the hotel (opposite a car park). The hotel is a short walk (approx 4mins) from the beach down a hill. If youre not good with hills, you may struggle. The resort is by far amazing! Go to the harbour which is about a 10 min walk (left from the beach at the bottom of the hill) (theres also another small resort if you turn right and walk round the rock - easy to find). if you turn right out the hotel, around 2 mins away theres a mercadona (large proper supermarket - very cheap). We had a room only so cant comment on food. We hired a fridge for 5euros a day, well worth it! Air con is amazing (one of the reasons I choose this hotel). Overall this holiday was lovely and I will definitely be returning to this hotel and I 100% recommend you to go!!

Room Tip: Try and put in a request for a room with a garden view on the top floor, dont worry about stairs the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My partner and I had a pleasant stay for 2 nights, room only.
The friendly staff were helpful and English speaking.
Our room was comfortable with an en-suite; TV; air-con; and balcony.
The room was serviced daily and the well maintained gardens (including a small pool) were very pleasant and clean.
Located close to a bus stop for access to either Malaga or Benalmedina or further - and only a 5 minute stroll to the beach or nearby shops.
We were well satisfied and I can recommend this lovely hotel as "value for money".

Room Tip: On my next visit, I will ask for a room on the east side overlooking the lovely gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for one week with our two children.
Hotel was lovely typical Spanish place/decor staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
Beach and shops 5 min walk as was the local supermarket.
Not much to say except def would go back we all had a wicked holiday. Price was perfect too.

• Stayed: June 2013