“Great bargain hotel”

Apartments Palm Beach Club
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Was on the 8th floor and had amazing views of the sea.
Because we paid so little for the hotel I didnt expect much but to my surprise the hotel room was so nice, very clean, had everything and more needed for the small kitchenette. Bathroom and bedroom were more than adequate.
Hotel was nice and clean. Quite and only a 5 minute walk to the beach and lovely restaurants.
Swimming pool was nice to use in the evening nice and clean too.
But the best thing I can say is about the reception staff especially the English lady I don't remember her name but they were so helpful with where to visit and things to do. They Definitely deserve credit.
I think I definitely will staying at this hotel again if I ever return to torremolinos
:-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kaz467

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Found this place on Expedia and it was a great find. Exceptional value for money with nice rooms and 2 mins walk to the beach. The staff were great and couldn't do enough to help. The bar is good with nice food and Paco who runs it is very friendly. The supermarket is more expensive than some, but reasonable as it is open all day and very convenient. Will be saving this apartment complex for our next trip to Spain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I made this as a very last minute booking and wanted somewhere quiet, but reasonably close to the airport and beach. I was travelling alone on a short break of just over a week and was very happy in my apartment. It was very clean, with comfortable bed and plenty of storage. Good sized bathroom and kitchen, dining, sitting room. It had everything I required for my stay. It was less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, there were plenty of friendly bars and restaurants to choose from. There was a supermarket next door and another 2 minutes walk away. There was a small pool area which was nice for a refreshing swim. Free wifi in the reception area. The staff were very helpful and friendly, they assisted me with booking excursions and nothing was too much trouble. I travel a lot and use everything from backpacking hostels to the best money can buy, and for the cost this place was good. I felt very much at home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Thesn0wg00se
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Clean, well maintained hotel/apartments. In the centre of la carihuela. Great value. Very helpful staff - both on reception & in the hallways.
Visited in 2013 with three year old & one year old. Visiting again in 2014

Room Tip: None needed as rooms are fab.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo P
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Yes I know this booking was cheap, but the hotel although clean was tired and shabby, and the pool needed a good clean before I would be prepared to use it. Our room had a very old sofa, and twin beds which didnt match and were at different levels and very creaky - not good for sleeping on. Restaurant was emitting a very fishy greasy smell - so we didnt eat there at all. It boasts a supermarket beside the hotel but is wasnt open at the weekend and it was a long walk to the next one. The staff were very nice and did their best for you but we only lasted one night and as this was a holiday for me to get a rest prior to a hospital stay we relocated to a 4 star hotel close by. You pay for what you get, but it does need updating on a good note the kitchen was well stocked with pans etc.,

Room Tip: Again cheap for self catering and within easy walk of lots of restaurants and the see front - if you...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank phil p
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I really enjoyed my experience there. It was less than five minute walk to the beach. When I go on holidays I like to sunbath and the pool area was bad for this because of the high walls for privacy so we would go to the beach and it was less than €10 to rent the sunbeds for the day and because we were a big family group we would get deals on the beds.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have been staying in this complex on and off since the 1980s and this is the first time I have been disappointed. The apartment was totally unsuitable. The sofa bed in the livingroom was practically impossible to use because of the presence of a very large coffee table. This had to be moved. There was no cleaning service and worse than this there was not even a brush or a mop. There was a brush shaft and we ended up buying a mophead so we could clean a little. Kitchen equipment was minimal and the coffee machine was blocked. There again, we ended up buying a small coffee percolator. The apartment was not clean. When we pulled out the sofa bed there was a lot of dust and bits and pieces underneath. This is not acceptable for La Carihuela as there is now a lot of competition and I have never before been presented with an apartment or hotel room that wasn't spotlessly clean. It may have been the fault of the owner of this particular apartment or the time of the year but having said that there is no excuse. I will not take the risk of renting an apartment in Palm Beach again and that is a shame because the location is perfect and in mid or high season the bar downstairs is welcoming and the supermarket is convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maurice1232013
Rachel B, Manager at Apartments Palm Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience whist on holiday at Palm Beach. We are aware that your room was not up to standard with the aspect of it being tired and tatty, it was in need of a total block off for the maintenance department, cleaners and housekeeper to all get in there to revive the apartment. We take this opportunity in the quiet time in low season to get all apartments up to scratch by repainting the whole apartment and replacing worn out furniture and curtains and soft furnishings that have become damaged by sunlight and worn out through the busy season. We have been working very hard in the last couple of months to complete the necessary work in all the apartments but i am afraid we had not done your apartment before your stay. We would like for you to come back to Palm Beach as our guests for either a long weekend or a mid week break to see our apartments as they should be now that the necessary work is completed. We have made the decision to put back the cleaning service 3 times a week to all clients during their stay at Palm Beach so hopefully we can maintain our high standard of cleanliness at all times. We thank you for taking time to write your comments and all the staff at Palm Beach would be very happy to see you again some time soon.
Kind Regards