El Velero Apartments
Sol Don Pedro by Melia(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$154
US$114
US$109
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$221
US$183
  • Pool
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
US$177
US$164
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$215
US$87
US$81
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed there in july 2011. The apartment was big (there were five of us staying there) and very clean. Fresh towels every day. The kitchen was small, not as many utensils as we would like to have, but we managed to cook anyway. It was a nice walk to the beach, but I guess would be a little too long with small children. The beach was beautiful, big waves. We shopped in Mercadona, prices are lower than in other shops. The food in the restaurants is expensive. We found the location good for the evening walks to the center of Torremolinos, which is a very beautiful town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2012

In the hotel we had 13 nights in late September. The hotel is very good quality. You can give it even a 3 *. Very spacious rooms, very clean. We occupied a corner room, it nomra 105,205,305 ... These rooms are very spacious. This room has a small kitchen with electric stove, microwave and coffee maker. The beds are comfortable, but short. Refrigerators. There is one pot, one pan, one ladle, cutlery, cups, glasses and stemware. If you need another pan, you can ask to retsepshen. Daily cleaning service, this happens rarely. Linen and towels are changed every other day. The hotel has a swimming pool. The hotel is located close to everything within a radius of 600 m bus terminal, the area of ​​Europe and the area of ​​Andalusia, La Nagalera St. and San Miguel, the station from which trains to the airport in 11 minutes and then to Malaga is 12 minutes drive away. Near the bus stop, which runs from Malaga in Torremolinos Benalmodem. Go down to the sea 10 minutes on the street, and you can climb the stairs to 5 minutes. You can go up in the elevator for a fee. Near many inexpensive restaurants and cafes within 300 meters supermarket Mercadona. Located in a very quiet side street, despite being close to all the rave places.

The downside is that there is no air conditioning

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank strelez
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I arrived at the El Velero apts second week Sept 2012. On our late arrival we were met at reception by a gentleman who spoke no English. We had our keys for room 101 which overlooked a large type bungalow which I later learned was an Evangelical church, the balcony overlooked a side road with no views.
Around 4am whilst trying to sleep the I sensed a resonating sound coming through the bedroom, a low hum for around 7 seconds then a clunk. It would stop for a minute and restart.
Chinese torture ! I went to investigate and I found out there was a mechanical fault with the water boiler. I made a complaint and was told I could see the manager 24 hours later on Monday morning, Another night of this ! Monday morning arrived, chat with the boss, very apologetic, no spare rooms except the one on the ground floor which they keep for baggage etc. Quick check.. Perfect !! Room overlooked the pool, 2 bathrooms 2 single beds and a pull out sofa.
The rooms and kitchens are pot luck. One hair drier in one but not in the other. This goes for the kettle as well.
Rooms are spacious, cleaned twice a week but are dated. No hot water for 3 days ( this explained the water boiler which was fixed later ) .
The apartments are located in a residential area but near to the main shopping areas. Take a right outside the EL velero , immediate left, 5 minute walk and you're there. Lots of Restaurants / bars a little further on. Beach is about 10-15 minute walk depending on your fitness as its down a hill.
If you are hungry then try Che Bolu which is located opposite the El Velero. This is usually full on Sat/ Sun evenings with the Spanish locals. The sausages are Delicious !!!
Happy holiday.

Room Tip: Get the rooms at the front of the hotel. back rooms overlook untidy flats.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I recommend this place to everyone. We had an amazing apartment, quite big. It contained a "living room" with sofa-bed, TV and table with chairs. There was also awesome big french window (don't know, if in English does this name use, it's the window from ceiling to floor) with view of swimming pool. Next to it was bedroom with big balcony with great view of sea. Bathroom was clean and very nice, with bath, hairdryer was there too. Kitchen was also clean, enough dishes, fridge was working good, some cooker was there.

Staff came for cleaning every second day and everyone was very friendly and helpful, even when someone had problems with communication in English.

In every room was wireless internet connection.

Only thing I didn't like so much was journey to the beach, you can use elevator (costs about 2 Euro) or you can go by way full of shops. It took about 10 minutes to get there. But beaches were beautiful, with palm "forests". Sea was quite cold, but I had no problem with it.

Supermarket Mercadona was about five minutes from hotel. There's also McDonald's very close.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hello there again - now anyone reading my reviews will know that I try to be as balanced as possible to give a reasonable overview of a particular place.

I try to give the good, the not so good and the downright bad. In the case of El Velero I am broadly positive.

I Arrived on a Friday afternoon at about 2pm to be told I could not check in until 4pm. In fairness, the girl on reception offered me a room to leave the suitcase in for a few hours so all was fine. The staff at reception are always very polite and helpful.

I checked in a while later to a room with a view of a hideous building and the worst sofa bed I have ever seen . Needless to say I changed to a much nicer room. This second room was perfect, clean and had a nice view over the pool area.

Ok the good things about this place are as follows:

The apartments are fairly spacious, with a big living room, double bedroom with adequate wardrobe space for most people. The room was spotlessly clean on arrival and the bathroom is basic, clean and functional. The kitchen was fairly well equipped with coffee machine, toaster, fridge etc and enough basis utensils to make a basic meal. Yes, I do agree with others who have reviewed stating that the kitchen is small; it is but its ok for a holiday.

El velero has wifi signal which works about 70 per cent of the time and its free!

There is always lots of hot water which is nice and the pressure in the shower is good also.

The location of El Velero is okay too with shops, supermarket and restaurants all within a 5 minute walk. It is in a quiet residential area and feels safe at night.

The pool area is nice, kept very clean and despite other reviews it does get the sun until about 7 in the evening, which is about all you need eh?

Ok now for some grumbles: The aforementioned sofa was vile, I would not let my dog sleep on it - and I don’t even have a dog!

There is no bar at the complex, and the sauna is never open; these minor issues did not pose a problem for me.

If you stay here, expect about a 15 minute walk to the beach, this can be a struggle for some but there is a lift to take you back up to town if needed. In fairness El Velero is very close to the town centre and very near some nice squares for good coffee and people watching.

Various reviewers have commented on the reluctance of El Velero to provide toilet paper - again I agree with these comments - in fact, I stayed here for 3 week and ended up having to buy toilet paper. The cleaning service is not great, the apartment was serviced once a week. On one occasion, this included maids stealing a packet of cigarettes and standing on my favourite pen, breaking it. Small things but a minor irritation.

Another small gripe is the €15 charge per week to rent the old fashioned key operated safe. I have always preferred the key coded ones, which are a bit better. These should be included free-of-charge. Key codes also mean one does not have to hide the key!

I was also asked to pay a security deposit of €100 after I had checked in and moved room. I declined being of an age where I am not the ‘trash the apartment’ type. Having made my case they relented.

In summary, yes I would stay here again. This place is clean, basic and good value. If they addressed some of the minor issues it would be even nicer. But broadly speaking its fairly good.

Please feel free to contact me about this or any of my other reviews.

Room Tip: ask for room at the front overlooking pool
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends