“Great central , modern and stylish hotel”
Review of Room Mate Leo

Room Mate Leo
Ranked #10 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We couldnt have asked for more in a reasonable priced but stylish central hotel. The frontage is very narrow and it sits between 2 trendy shops in one of the pedestrian shopping streets, but inside this hotel is like a tardist. The rooms are well appointed and mostly similar in facilities and size. They are all modern and stylishly furnished within this grand old building . Our bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom with wetroom area . We had bay windows in our room which looked over the shopping street but being traffic free was very quiet. There was a residents lounge on the top floor with a fantastic view of the alhambra from its terrace . We were offered the room with its own private terrace but opted for the other as we prefer a king size bed to a double.
The dinning araea occupies the old andalucian indoor terrace area with the addition of a ceiling so you are now indoors. The buffet breakfast was varied and good value, offering everything but a full english/ american breakfast. It is optional so if you want a cooked breakfast you could choose to eat out at one of the many city centre cafes on the doorstep.
The staff were very firendly and welcoming , the rectionist , being an irish expat, speaks english and there is a local lady too.
I would definately recommend and use this hotel again myself .

Room Tip: The terrace room has a private sundeck with furniture if you want to chill out , but does only have...
1  Thank theonlyladyinred
Hotel L, Director General at Room Mate Leo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your thoughts of your stay at Room Mate Leo. We take note of your comments in order to improve every detail you mention. Please do not hesitate to contact with us for any future stays at Room Mate Hotels in order for us to find the hotel which best suits your needs.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Lovely place bang slap in the shopping centre of Granada. Small but well cared for rooms and a cheap buffet breakfast. Really friendly staff who were very helpful.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Our first night was an unlucky one. The room was large and stylish but unfortunately lacked heat on a chilly night. The very kind woman at the front desk did all that she could to correct the problem but to no avail. We were moved to a new room the next day and were not charged for the first night. The beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is generous and excellent, and the wifi is strong. I would definitely stay at the hotel on my next visit to Granada.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review about your stay in our hotel. We really appreciate your comments because with this information we can improve every day.
We have worked the problem with the heating. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Located in a fun and busy shopping area of Granada. The staff was helpful, we liked our room. The Room Mate hotels have a great brand in Spain.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I wish I could give the whole-hearted endorsement that others have given but I can't.

We stayed at RM Leo in mid November for 3 nights. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Helping me to understand what I needed to do to get my Alhambra tickets and providing suggestions for restaurants. Everyone at the front desk seemed to speak English and I was very pleased with them.

Our room, 306, faced the street and was pretty light, in spite of the very dark decor, and big. Unfortunately there was a horrible odor in the room. I thought it smelled like sewer gas. We tried opening the windows but it didn't make a difference. We thought maybe the room hadn't been used for a while so ran the taps, flushed the toilet and ran the shower. Then we left thinking that would solve the problem. We came back a few hours later and the smell had intensified to the point that it permeated the hallway too.

I went to the front desk and asked for another room. They were able to accomodate us in a much smaller interior room with no natural light which was pretty claustrophic. I didn't like it nearly as much but at least it didn't smell.

The next morning we found that when you took a shower even though the shower was sealed, there was about an inch or more of water all over the bathroom floor. Anything on the floor was completely soaked.

I will choose a different hotel should I be in granada again.

Good points:
high speed internet worked well
good breakfast until noon!
friendly and helpful staff
Wonderful 5th floor terrace with a view of the Alhambra

Bad points:
Clearly some plumbing issues in the building
dark decor

Room Tip: Ask for a window facing the outside.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel L, Manager at Room Mate Leo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for choosing our Hotel Room Mate Leo during your stay in Granada.

As the Manager of this establishment, I get in touch with you to transmit our most sincere apologies for the incidents you encountered at the Hotel.

Although it is always our duty to offer our guests the best service, I regret you encountered the incidents mentioned in your review.

I would like to speak with you to solve the problem.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Room Mate Leo is in a perfect location for exploring Granada and the reception staff are super helpful when it comes to providing information about getting around or going for dinner. It's on a well lit street so it feels safe to walk back to during the night and is within a 20 minute (uphill) walk from The Alhambra. Our room was modern and fairly spacious with a good heating system. There's plenty of choice for breakfast and it lasts until midday!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
HotelRMLeo, Director General at Room Mate Leo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to express our most sincere appreciation for taking the time in writing these kind words to us regarding your stay at Room Mate Leo. Indeed all efforts are made in a daily basis by all our staff in order to offer guests what they deserve, though it is with guests like you that the effort is proven. Thank you thank you!
We will definitely congratulate our employees since they have one more time gone that step further which is always so difficult to measure.

Please let us know when you decide to visit your friends at Room Mate Hotels in order to make sure we continue with the detailed attention that characterizes us.

All the best and have a splendid end of week,

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed with my sister and parents for two nights in October. Both rooms were nicely decorated with comfortable furnishings and stylishly urban design. We loved the roof top terrance with it's expansive view of the surrounding city. There is also a complimentary laptop for guests use. The breakfast buffet was great and stays available until noon - that's a winner. The location was very convenient for exploring the city. Also, the front desk were very, very helpful. They provided maps and gave solid tips on places to go, etc. Overall, nothing negative to say and I'd return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family