This is our first time to try an apartment in Europe and it was a pretty good experience. Note that staying at Muralla Ziri (like other apartments) is not the same as staying at a hotel - so manage the given expectations - no 24-hr concierge, no bellhop, no daily maid service, no room service, no wake up calls. That said, the experience has its benefits. This is the place if you want a practical home base, not expecting a splurge-for-luxury experience.
- Very well located. At the foot of the Albaicin, couple of blocks from Plaza Nueva. Away from the creepy areas higher up in the Albaicin but in the middle of Granada's moorish lanes. 5 min walk to everything - the handy shuttle buses to the Alcazar, San Nicolas, etc. down the street from the Moroccan lane of restaurants, 5-10 min walk to the Capilla Real, Cathedral and Alcaiceria.
- Elena, the manager, was great. Although (again unlike a hotel), she is not there all the time - she was extremely helpful when we were planning the trip. She got us reasonably priced underground parking, was very patient when we came in late due to traffic and getting lost. And we love enthusiastic locals - Elena's on top when it comes to that. "Granada is the best city in the world!!!".
- We were not expecting it but Manuel, the owner, had a written set of recommendations for food. Very good and not touristy. Between that and the Moroccan places down the street we had a great culinary experience in Granada.
- Since the rates were much lower compared to a hotel, I was bracing myself for a place that was very basic. We were pleasantly surprised on how the aesthetics turned out - thought was put into the details to echo the feel of Granada's sites.
- They tried to do too much with the bathroom space. Had a big tub for two people, all manner of body jets, bidet, toilet, granite counter. Although it has nice details, it was too crowded. There was also that strange sewer smell at times. We've experienced that at other ancient European hotels and we promptly changed rooms. Here it was fortunately not persistent and we decided not to move.
We certainly had a pleasant stay and plan to book the penthouse next time we're back. Despite the tradeoffs with driving in labyrinths, we love staying in the heart of old towns. Staying at Muralla Ziri was both practical and atmospheric. Although we didnt need full use of the kitchen, having the full fridge for H2O, cheese, jamon, wine was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Albayzin, Granada city center, holiday apartments to rent for days or weeks. Some with jacuzzi, circular bathtub or Alhambra view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Apartamentos Muralla Ziri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Muralla Ziri Hotel Granada