Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Hotel Casa del Capitel Nazari(Granada)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalking tourstreet artwaterfall tourgroup activitiessocial atmospherepaella nightdaily activitiesfemale dormgreat locationbig kitchencommon spacerooftop terracepub crawlarabic quarterbed dormtapastop bunk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hostel had a nice, relaxed vibe, cool decor, and is well located in the city (except for trying to find the hostel the first time-it's hidden on a side street and not easy to find). The staff is very friendly and gave some great tips about places to go, and the 3 euro breakfast is great. There should probably be more sockets for charging electronics, and perhaps more bathrooms. The New Year's Eve celebration was a fun idea, but unfortunately not worth the 18 euro that was charged. However, I would recommend staying here again. The pros definitely outweigh the cons!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hostel is in an excellent location, close to shops and loads of places to eat. Every staff member I came across was very friendly and when I asked for advise or recommendations, they were all very helpful! I was there with a friend for a few nights over Christmas, the hostel did a nice well-priced Christmas eve dinner and had a variety of walking tours and pub crawls available.
The rooms were comfortable and clean, as were the bathrooms. Shower in my room (a 8 bed on the first floor) was great, which is a big deal if you are doing a lot of travelling haha. The hostel itself had a nice relaxed vibe, I would definitely recommend it for future visitors to Granada.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Definitly it's a nice hostel, with nice staff.
The position is perfect in order to visit city, to live arabian/andalusian atmosphere, to go in Alhambra or in the center.
I was in a dorm with 8 beds, clean, next to terrace.
My visit was in december, so, not in a full touristic period.
The only little negative feedback is about sockets in order to recharge my phone during the night: there aren't closen to my bed (I slept upper beirth).
In general, I really recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great hostel with excellent staff, friendly atmosphere, an easy to get to location and many activities to partake in. They include hiking, hot springs, tapa tours just to name a few. The terrace is awesome. The rooms could be bigger.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with less people in it. The room on the top floor walks out on to the terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My friend and I stayed in a 6-bed room here for two nights. Although the French bartender was really cool, here is why I didn't like this place:

1)This place is super confusing to walk to after the bus drops you off a few blocks away on Via de Colon. The sidewalks are like Rome's, which are not conducive to high heels or luggage, so dragging your suitcase behind you is extremely loud and annoying. All the shop owners stared at us like we were fresh meat because they know from the sound and from the lost look on our faces that we were new to town. Ha ha.
2) The outdoor bar area looked like it hadn't been cleaned for months. It was gross.
3) We stayed in the hostel because we wanted to meet people, but the people in our room were dorky and didn't drink or socialize much. Other people were drinking 40 oz bottles at the bar/patio all night (lame in my opinion because you should be out seeing the wonderful city). And everyone in the common areas was busy looking at their phones/laptops.
4) The locker in the room wasn't big enough to store my suitcase (lame). Also, if you wanted a lock, you had to pay a few euros and it was about the same security level of lock you'd expect from a 10-yr old girl's diary (it was a joke). If you stay here, maybe don't bring anything valuable like jewelry or electronics or get your own room.

Room Tip: Just choose a different place. A different hostel or hotel has to be better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple