“Great place”

Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
Ranked #11 of 146 Speciality Lodging in Granada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked last minute via the web based on a friends recommendation. After getting off at the wrong bus stop , and lugging my luggage all over town the friendly staff made everything better. My husband and I arrived just before check in, but we didn't have to wait long. We booked a private double room and private bath. I think the room and the bath were the largest we had in our 2 week trip in Spain. The breakfast we had cheap and good (3€). Both the staff and other guests were fun. It was a little noisy at night, but that was the case at most our hostels. The laundry service was great. For 7€ (I think) they gave us a basket in the evening. By the time we woke up in the morning our clean and folded laundry was waiting at the main desk. The location was great, but not ideal if you have luggage. The streets are cobblestone and narrow, so this really is a backpacker's part of the city. All in all I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I love this place! First impressions count and as we arrived completely saturated from an early morning storm (6.30am) we were greeted by welcoming staff who helped us in and told us to go chill out in the kitchen and get some breakfast (even before we checked in)...well basically I just didn't want to leave this place after the first 10 minutes. I kept extending each day because of the amazing vibe here- great staff, amazing dinners cooked for us, gorgeous little rooftop area, fun people to go party with, a great location and some incredible friendships made here! Amazing hostel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KezMetz
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Located in a great location to see the city, The hostel is enticing to stay at.
Offering free walking tours around the city and surrounding caves, options for going out at night as well makes it very easy to see everything in the city.

The "free" walking tour was a great experience and the guide brought us around parts of the city we would never see on our own. We tipped him 25 Euro at the end of the 2 hour walking tour for our group of 6. We thought it was generous, but we also enjoyed the tour.

The next day we went on a different free walking tour with the same guide who started informing us how a normal tip is around 5 Euros each. So we tipped him a bit more because we felt we didnt the first time. It was clear this time that this was not a "free" tour but a way for an employee to make excess money.

2 Euro towel rental

"Night Out" - 12 Euros with an advertised open bar for 1 hour before going to a few different bars and clubs where we would get free entrance and "lots of shots" In reality our open bar was limited and cut short. The "guide" got very drunk and we walked from free bar to free bar where entrance fees were not even required. We got a few shots before we went home because there was nothing else to do.

At the time of the stay it was all a great experience, but after we realized that all the things we did we paid a bit too much for. The workers were very nice, but we were clients of their game to earn money and party at the same time. It seemed like we went out to amuse them rather than be shown around the city.

It was a great experience at the time, but looking back was superficial since we essentially paid for friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DLaurenceSmith
Luisa S, Gerente at Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks for your comments and your stay with Oasis Hostels. We are sorry to hear you didn´t enjoy your time in Oasis. We`ve taken the appropriate measures to improve the quality of our tours and the way guides communicate with guests.

Greetings from Granada

Reviewed 11 January 2014

After staying in Sevilla and Cordoba (Spain), I decided to stay in Granada. I did not have a plan, so I selected Oasis Backpackers' Hostel. Well, it was not really a good experience...
The ambiance: noisy until late hours in the night. As I had to get up early, I had to put some earplugs to sleep.
The room: cold (the heater could not be switched on), small, not very clean sheets (with hair on it...)
Services: expensive (a towel: 2 euros while in Sevilla's or Cordoba's hostels it was 1 or 1.50 euros).
I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The staff during day on desk are friendly and helpful. Staff at night seemed to drink at night and could not always help. New Year's eve event not worth the price. Dinner over 1 hour late and cold. Never went to club at 1am, still at hostel drinking at 2.30am. Get more organised guys, have someone sober to do it, instead of saying i didn't organise this event. Plus side, hostel guests friendly and easy to mix with others. Kitchen well equipped. Showers good. Walking tour good. No room to sit up in bottom bunk. Relatively clean hostel. Bar downstairs means it won't go quiet until drinkers go on pub crawl about 1.00am-ish, which didn't bother me as i'm up late but wouldn't suit those who have early starts. Lots of info about Granada if you ask the questions. It is not busy season so not much happening besides pub crawls and walking tour. Took a few days to sort heating in room, but once you pressed them, they gave me an extra blanket. Thanks guys. I had a memorable stay.

Room Tip: This rating dots aren't working, Room 10 is outside on roof making it cold in winter. Sound come...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hostel is a great value for the price paid and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, safe and the beds were comfortable. The kitchen was quite spacious and it was nice to find a bar inside the common room as well. My friend and I wanted to get into La Alhambra even though it was sold out that weekend and the receptionist gave us great tips for when and where to buy day pass tickets as well as places to go out for tapas. We took the street art and caves walking tour and really enjoyed it even though it was more of a hike than we had anticipated! I recommend this tour but be sure to wear comfortable shoes and take a water bottle. The hostel is on a side street so it was a bit difficult to find at first but it's actually a perfect location to get to anywhere you would want to go to in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hostel had a nice, relaxed vibe, cool decor, and is well located in the city (except for trying to find the hostel the first time-it's hidden on a side street and not easy to find). The staff is very friendly and gave some great tips about places to go, and the 3 euro breakfast is great. There should probably be more sockets for charging electronics, and perhaps more bathrooms. The New Year's Eve celebration was a fun idea, but unfortunately not worth the 18 euro that was charged. However, I would recommend staying here again. The pros definitely outweigh the cons!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo