“Great Place to stay with Excellent tours!”

Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
Ranked #11 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Granada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here and I could not be more happy! The tours through the Sierra Nevada and excellent drinks at the bar made this my favourite hostel for my travels abroad! The staff were friendly and accommodating to all my needs. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through Granada.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I booked at the Oasis as a last minute thing, when I decided to stop off in Granada. I had searched a few hostels, and this one came out best.

I can see why, it's cool, young and funky with a good vibe. However, it felt from checking-in to checking-out that you were staying at the staffs' place and asking them to sort anything would be too much hassle - so, you didn't.

Beds are allocated, so when I found someone in mine I went to seek advice. It was initially left to me to track the individual down (who I didn't know or had seen), and ask him to go to reception.

It turned out when I did find him, someone was in his bed and he too didn't want to 'bother' reception. So, it wasn't just me.

However, a great space and Granada is a pretty impressive city which I'd like to see again. The cocktails at the Oasis were amazing too, individually catered for.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Luisa S, Gerente at Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi

Thanks for your comments. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Since your visit on last November things have changed, we have new staff and we are ready to help you at any time.
On your next visit we will invite you for one of our great cocktails.

Best Regards
Oasis Staff

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I spent 2 nights at Oasis Granada, and it was the most pleasant and fun experience I've ever had while staying at a hostel. The place is so conducive to meeting people with the bar and patio downstairs and the rooftop terrace, the 3€ breakfast is delicious, and all of the staff are so friendly and helpful. I stayed in the all girls dorm -- SUPER comfortable beds by hostel standards, en suite shower, lots of light and 2 little balconies. Didn't have any problems with noise, though I'd recommend bringing earplugs just in case. Everything was clean and great, and the location of the hostel is also really central to everywhere you'd want to go in Granada.

Also cannot emphasize enough how great the caves tour was - our guide was so knowledgeable and we got to see so many parts of Granada I wouldn't have explored in the same way alone. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to have a really great experience in Granada.

Room Tip: All girls room is A++.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I spent a month travelling around Spain and Morocco and this was the best place I stayed in. The reception staff are so helpful, perfect English speakers, the organised trips were incredible. Mikael 's 15 Euro trip to the Sierra Nevada was great value for money and so worth it. It included the bus, a packed lunch by the river, and a drink and tapas in a bar. His local knowledge and recommendations helped so much for the rest of our trip.

Granada itself is a great place, it is well worth pre-booking the Alhambara. The town is full of traditional Tapas bars which serve food with every 2Euro drink, which provided all of our meals.

You are clearly thinking of travelling to Granada, and booking Oasis, the worst thing you could do now is not do it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alhambara
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked last minute via the web based on a friends recommendation. After getting off at the wrong bus stop , and lugging my luggage all over town the friendly staff made everything better. My husband and I arrived just before check in, but we didn't have to wait long. We booked a private double room and private bath. I think the room and the bath were the largest we had in our 2 week trip in Spain. The breakfast we had cheap and good (3€). Both the staff and other guests were fun. It was a little noisy at night, but that was the case at most our hostels. The laundry service was great. For 7€ (I think) they gave us a basket in the evening. By the time we woke up in the morning our clean and folded laundry was waiting at the main desk. The location was great, but not ideal if you have luggage. The streets are cobblestone and narrow, so this really is a backpacker's part of the city. All in all I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I love this place! First impressions count and as we arrived completely saturated from an early morning storm (6.30am) we were greeted by welcoming staff who helped us in and told us to go chill out in the kitchen and get some breakfast (even before we checked in)...well basically I just didn't want to leave this place after the first 10 minutes. I kept extending each day because of the amazing vibe here- great staff, amazing dinners cooked for us, gorgeous little rooftop area, fun people to go party with, a great location and some incredible friendships made here! Amazing hostel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KezMetz
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Located in a great location to see the city, The hostel is enticing to stay at.
Offering free walking tours around the city and surrounding caves, options for going out at night as well makes it very easy to see everything in the city.

The "free" walking tour was a great experience and the guide brought us around parts of the city we would never see on our own. We tipped him 25 Euro at the end of the 2 hour walking tour for our group of 6. We thought it was generous, but we also enjoyed the tour.

The next day we went on a different free walking tour with the same guide who started informing us how a normal tip is around 5 Euros each. So we tipped him a bit more because we felt we didnt the first time. It was clear this time that this was not a "free" tour but a way for an employee to make excess money.

2 Euro towel rental

"Night Out" - 12 Euros with an advertised open bar for 1 hour before going to a few different bars and clubs where we would get free entrance and "lots of shots" In reality our open bar was limited and cut short. The "guide" got very drunk and we walked from free bar to free bar where entrance fees were not even required. We got a few shots before we went home because there was nothing else to do.

At the time of the stay it was all a great experience, but after we realized that all the things we did we paid a bit too much for. The workers were very nice, but we were clients of their game to earn money and party at the same time. It seemed like we went out to amuse them rather than be shown around the city.

It was a great experience at the time, but looking back was superficial since we essentially paid for friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DLaurenceSmith
Luisa S, Gerente at Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks for your comments and your stay with Oasis Hostels. We are sorry to hear you didn´t enjoy your time in Oasis. We`ve taken the appropriate measures to improve the quality of our tours and the way guides communicate with guests.

Greetings from Granada