“El Número 8, Granada - great time, great place!”
Review of El Numero 8

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
El Numero 8
Ranked #42 of 146 Speciality Lodging in Granada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here in March with Lizzie and other new friends, it's a brilliant place to be and it took our breath away and believe me I had a well deserved break.

The surrounding area was an amazing place to explore, the hospitality service was great from Mr Rob who made sure we got well orientated and settled in.

Our accommodation was top notch, with pleasant rooms, more than adequate facilities and excellent views of Alhambre Palace, it's definitely the place to be.

Having accommodation like this was rather special in this place and it would be lovely to revisit again at other times in the year to, to see how the city changes over the year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed there with a few friends March 2014.
Didn't realise until I arrived that I would be reclining in such a historic spot - immersed in the history of Grenada!

Rob took great care of us and met all of needs - he made everything easy!

Loved the location, up past the the main hub of tourists with great views of the Alhambra. Also a great base to explore areas surrounding Grenada.

I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Just ask to for what suits you!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rudy2shoes
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week and absolutely loved it. The apartment was so comfortable and it had everything you need to feel right at home.The kitchen was especially impressive, much bigger than expected! We cooked a few good meals here when we were all tapased out! The host, Rob, met us on our arrival and walked us through the Albayzin, which is a beautiful maze of a place, making it an easy journey. He was very helpful and gave us great advice on things to do in Granada. We had an awesome stay and absolutely loved Granada!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Rafael's place is really great--excellent location for Alhambra and Sacromonte, unique apartment, nice common area on the patio with a wonderful view, and a very kind and helpful host! He was very generous with his time and recommendations--we ate everywhere he sent us and loved it! We had great sleep there too--nice and quiet. Temperature was just fine during our winter stay. Bedding was nice and warm.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Becky R
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying at el numero 8 for seven weeks. It was a little piece of heaven. I originally booked to stay for four weeks (lucky me!) but couldn't leave - I just kept extending my stay till I absolutely had to return home.

Everything said in other reviews about how wonderful the team that runs el numero 8 is true. Rob, Rafa and Matejka are helpful, friendly and always available when you might need them.

Just like the staff, the apartments (I stayed in number 2 and number 4) are warm and welcoming with lots of personality. After a day of exploring the city or a night out on the town, you will have the luxury of deep sleep in the comfortable beds of el numero 8. As a seasoned traveller, a comfortable mattress is one of the aspects of accommodation that cannot be over-rated. If you are staying more than a few days, you'll so enjoy the kitchens which are better equipped than any I have stayed in throughout the world. Many a delicious meal was made and shared there throughout my stay. I so enjoyed trying to create local specialties - and drinking the local wines!

The rooftop terrace is a dream, overlooking the Alhambra and even though the weather is colder in November and December, you can still enjoy the sunshine between noon and four most days. Indeed many days, I'd be sitting up there in short sleeves but if not, it's still gorgeous to sip a glass of wine or have a coffee with your coat on soaking in a bit of winter sunshine.

In the living area of your apartment, you will find a sound system where you can listen to music from Rafa's environmental music project which you can read more about on el numero's website. But if it's live music you are looking for (which I was most nights), Rafa has written a helpful guide to all the best local music and flamenco haunts.

El numero 8 is located in the pedestrian area of the Albacin and it is a joy to wander around these cobbled streets whether you are meandering aimlessly or heading down to the main shopping district or up to the El Mirador de Nicolas where you have a view of the entire city and the breath-taking Sierra Nevada mountains - at this time of year covered in snow.

I cannot recommend a stay at El numero 8 enough. I am on my way back there very soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Noreen F
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had such a fantastic time at El Número 8. The little guitar-maker's studio where I stayed felt like a sanctuary and a home away from home from where I could retreat in winter coziness after exploring the beauties of Granada. I was here for four nights and Rafa was a lovely, interesting and friendly host who made me feel completely at home. All of the apartments are thoughtfully and sensitively decked out so that they are comfortable and cozy with energy efficient heating, well equipped kitchen, comfy bed, warm blankets and extra heater (I never needed it), music, good lighting and all environmentally friendly. So good! I didn't realise how much I needed a beautiful place to retreat until I got here and I highly recommend it.

The music provided for guests' listening pleasure in the apartment is also the offshoot of one of the projects Rafa runs that the apartments help to support and I really enjoyed listening to it while reading and relaxing in this special little space. The terrace is a beautiful place to sit in the afternoon overlooking the majestic Alhambra, and the location of the apartment in general is fantastic. I wish I could have stayed longer this time but I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Monique L
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed 3 nights in Casa numero 8 in Granada and we really enjoyed our stay there. We really felt like at home, and that was what we were looking for. The apartment was very comfortable and beautiful, it was warm always we get there, and all the facilities we needed to have a great holidays. The location was great, in the Albycin, that enrich the experience, but also very close to the city center. The roof top was amazing, sunny mornings and nights full of starts in with views to the magic Alhambra. Thanks Rob and Rafa for your hospitality and all the best! We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple