“Delicious wood-fired pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Delicatessen, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Figares
Description: Grotta Mare Italian Restaurant Pizzeria, we offer our service in the province of Granada in 1987, being thus recognized specialists in Italian cuisine, with a clear commitment to healthy food, immediate service, beautifully presented dishes, an environment nice and excellent attention to Client
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious wood-fired pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is away from the touristy part of town, and on a Thursday night every table except one (ours!) was reserved. It's easy to see why. The pizzas were delicious, the service is friendly and efficient (not often the case in Spain) and the bill was very reasonable. Highly recommended if you fancy a change from tapas.

Coin
“Highly Recommend, Fantastic Taste Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

In Granada it is very hit and miss with the Italian Restaurants, and the large gap between reviews had us slightly worried beforehand, but this restaurant turned out a very good choice! I dare say it is not easy to find, but a taxi solved that issue easily.

The pasta for our 3-year old was delicious and we were made to feel welcome even if in the pictures this restaurant may not appear overly child-proof. The pizza from the "specials" pizza menu are out of this world, including a combo of tomato infused dough, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, rocket, shaved parmezan and buffalo mozzarella... a feast for the tastebuds.

The only glitch preventing an excellent rating was the apparently inexperienced waiter who threw in a naughty attempt to sell some more food (the pizzas are huge... there is no need to order loads), he was not too confident with his own menu and didn't quite get the order right.... but he also charged us only 2 glasses of wine for the 2 bottles we actually had so no hard feelings here.

What was noticable was that the restaurant was only half occupied on a Friday night. I believe that this is undeserved and therefore highly recommend anyone to give the grotta a try. We will certainly be back soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Granada
“It's like eating in Italy but in Granada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

We enjoyed it so much that we went a second time for another meal. And then we enjoyed it all over again. The service was second to none and the food? The food was delicious.

We had the Insalata Campestre as a joint starter again and indulged ourselves in trying to work out what the all subtle flavours were in this delicious salad. We think we managed to christen what they all were, and I certainly enjoyed eating and tasting it all and then mopping up the flavoursome salad dressing with the bread, served fresh and hot from the oven.

For my main course this time I had Gnocchi al Pesto Genovese, but actually preferred the main course from my first visit which was Stozzapreti Spek e Rucula by a short head.
And of course I couldn't resist the profiteroles and then a coffee to finish.

I like the design of the restaurant - it seemed to be new - and I enjoyed being able to watch the pizzas and other dishes being put into and taken out of the pizza oven and the general buzz and ambience of the place.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

Granada Spain
“It is worth searching out!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

I had dinner at the Grotta Mare on the 11th September 2010, I was accompanied by my husband and 2 friends, we were all delighted and had a wonderful night. We returned a week later and had a lunch. The first meal we had the salad campestre to share between and for our mains pappardelle al forno, pappardelle al salmon, tagliatelle alla vongole and strozzapreti speck e rucula followed by 4 delectable deserts. We all enjoyed the food and said we would love to try something new but our dishes were so good we would be tempted to have them again. For lunch there was just 2 of us and we started with the same salad and then pappardelle al forno and gnocchi al pesto. It is not on the tourist route but is in the city and is about 15minutes walk from Puerta Real. Do try the Grotta Mare it is well worth it.

1 Thank BabsGranadaSpain