“Started OK, then Went Downhill”

Gran Cafe at Bib Rambla
Ranked #162 of 1,654 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I might possibly have given this 3 stars, but my overall memory of this place is just bad. I do remember that our starters were actually rather tasty, but none of us could eat our mains. I don't even remember dessert. I do remember everyone being dissatisfied and unhappy at the end of the meal, and wishing we had gone back to the place we had been the night before.

I don't usually rank places too low, and I might be being a bit unfair here since this review comes 6 months after the fact. But when your overall lasting impression is that you would never bother going back, it's not that unfair, yeah?

Some pros - the summer menu was a great deal - less than 20 euros for 3 courses. the starters were fantastic, but again the rest was disappointing. My mom ordered a pizza, which was huge, and not great. Service was decent, and as it was still warm, we sat outside in the plaza.

1  Thank Deepali P

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Unbroken service since 1907, looks like it will continue for many years to come. The interior of this city cafe dates back to its opening and adds an authentic charm and atmosphere. The chocolate and churros were good and there was quite enough!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stopped in for afternoon tea (Beer) and were not disappointed. Its in a great location particularly the outdoor seating for people watching. The Beer was cold but overall the highlight was churros con chocolat. We tried this dish in other establishments during the Spain trip but were disappointed as we already had the best at Bib Rambla. Overall its a great place to take a break during your sightseeing in Granada.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had an early dinner here, and we were able to get the churros con chocolat for desert. That was a win for this place. And the churros con chocolat were really good here (a little greasy, maybe because of the time of the day). Otherwise, the food was just okay compared to other places I ate in Spain, so there might be better choices if you have limited time. Location, though, was lovely.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Centrally located we had a tapas lunch at this cafe and found the food excellent and the service first class. There was a wide range of tapas to choose from and it was freshly prepared.

1  Thank tozilch