“Delicious, Authentic, Passionate”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Realejo - San Matias
Reviewed 24 July 2014

On the night of July 23, 2014 I had the ABSOLUTE best authentic Spanish food, wine and olive oil tasting of my life. As previously mentioned, La Oliva is not a restaurant but it is indeed a tasting experience you are sure to not forget. What was even better than the food was the way in which I first met Francisco. I encountered Francisco that morning in Plaza Larga in the Albaicin. Because of this brief encounter I was invited to a tasting at La Oliva that same evening. Of the six countries I have visited on this trip and the many experiences that come with traveling, this night was by far the most authentic and delicious. As a traveler far away from your homeland, with constant movement, I could not help but appreciate Francisco's innate ability to make one feel at home immediately upon entering his shop. This tasting allowed me to understand and taste the delicacies of southern Spain in one sitting. The deliciously simple plates were prepared with exquisite care and tasted remarkably fresh. Also, if you are interested in understanding the ingredients, origins, and general background of the way this food is prepared Francisco can answer your every question. It is as much an academic experience as an enjoyable dinner. His passion and care for the gastronomy of Spain cannot be found in any tapas bar. If you want a genuine and authentic experience visit La Oliva.

1  Thank Mary D

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is definitely not to be missed. Great food, history and friendly service of Francisco and Bernardo. I would recommend it to everybody who come to Granada. But don't forget to book before you come

1  Thank Tuti S
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We loved every second of our dining experience with Francisco. He is such a gracious host and puts a lot of care and love into the dishes he serves. The food and atmosphere is so unpretentious - a very authentic taste of Spanish culture and food. Francisco recently moved the dinners to a quaint and lovely space just outside of the city center and it really lends an air of authenticity and style to his meals. If you're looking for a unique experience, good food, excellent wine, and nice conversation, I highly recommend this place. Worth every penny.

2  Thank nopogal
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten while abroad. I lived in Granada for 1 year and ate my way around the city during that time. This was one of the best so if you are in Granada I highly recommend it for an intimate evening. Food with stories and a good tasting of the province. For foodies! Loved it so much I included it in a blog post "5 Splurges That Are So Worth Blowing Your Budget on in Europe" :) http://www.globalgabetravel.com/blog/5-splurges-that-are-so-worth-blowing-your-budget-on-in-europe

2  Thank gschirm
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very, very unsasumming place from the outside, and inside doesn't get much better to be honest. It can hardly be called a restaurant, but the experience is worth the high price for Granada (almost 40 euros per head). I will not spoil the night for you... just go!

3  Thank ConorMoriarty