“Gorgeous Granada”
Review of Hotel Inglaterra

Hotel Inglaterra
Ranked #45 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Convenient and superbly located for visiting Granada. Handy to everything. The room was a good size and very quiet. It even had a view (on tiptoes) of the Alhambra from one window. Breakfast was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
There are newer reviews for Hotel Inglaterra

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I just spent 4 nights at the NH Inglaterra, on holiday with a friend. The location is perfect, being right in the middle of the old centre of town. You are a short walk away from the Alhambra and everything you will want to see. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful to us, providing maps, circling where things were for us, making phone calls to find out opening hours and even providing salt for one of us to help calm a gum inflammation. The breakfast was excellent, with a good range of hams, cheeses, yogurt, fruit, pastries, and so on. The single room each of us had was a decent size, and the free wi-fi was much appreciated. We both found the rooms a bit warm, especially at night, but that was addressed by opening the window a crack. We did keep running out of bandwidth with the wifi, but the staff happily gave us a new code, and so the problem was minimal. Finally, I must mention the incredibly good value. All this for less than £40 a night. Can't ask for more than that!

Room Tip: We followed the advice to ask for a courtyard room each, and were blessed with excellent sleep and s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the NH Inglaterra, Granada for two nights earlier this month and count it among the best-located properties in Granada. The cathedral is about a 5-minute walk and the bus to the Alhambra as also to the Albaicion starts from a stop even closer than that. The rooms are basic but very clean and the bath is small but well taken care of. The wifi worked fine in the room. Since I did not eat there, I cannot comment on the breakfast. But I have to say that the staff at the Reception could surely have been a lot friendlier. The lady who helped me check in was quite proper and prim, but not quite friendly. I came to Granada after travelling in 4 other cities in Spain for over 2 weeks and from Granada I went and stayed 4 nights in a Barcelona hotel. All these other hotels had friendly front-desk staff who made it clear to us all the time that it was their pleasure to help us. Not NH Inglaterra. There was more than a hint of impatience if I happened to ask a few questions at one go and once when my ipad conked out and I was desperate to access my mail, the lady plainly told me she could not help. This was the only place where the guest did not have access to any terminal in the reception area even in emergencies. On one occasion, I also had to stand and wait and cough and finally shout for somebody to appear from somewhere at the Reception desk. I wpold not stay ay the Inglaterra Granada again. Nor would I recommend it to my friends.
Anjan Basu, Bangalore, India. Stayed solo on Nov 15 and 16, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a warm welcome and comfortable room. The breakfast was good by Spanish standards (other places we stayed provided far fewer options). This is a very convenient hotel - close to the cathedral and 31 bus stop to go up to the Alhambra. The problem was the noise. Particularly on Friday night when half of Granada was singing until 2.30 in the morning!! So make sure your room is facing the courtyard, not the bars!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidzLondonEngland
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for our visit to Granada. The room was quite dated, and the breakfast was not that good. However, the location is unbeatable. Being just across the street from the Cathedral, all the buses that you'll need (to Alhambra, to airport, to bus station) can all be caught right next to the hotel. Staff were also quite friendly. One of the receptionist helped us to book our flamenco show. The check-in took ages though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KenChanLondon
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Small room but well located once you find it !!!! Surrounded by small narrow street , Once you get there it is o.k. Clean and quiet.Will be nice if we could have access to at least one channel in English on tv.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Based on Trip Advisor advice, I asked for and got an interior-facing room, and it was perfectly peaceful and quiet. My colleagues facing the street had some trouble with noise from a pub across the street. I also had no problem at all connecting to the internet but again, a couple of colleagues had to go to the lobby for good service. You have to get a new password and access code every 24 hrs, which is a little annoying, but ok once you get used to it.
The room was comfortable, the bathroom fine (except for postage-stamp sized soap!), the btreakfast and coffee excellent, and the location is also terrific... close to a main street with restaurants and shops, easy access to the bus that goes to the Alhambra and to the conference center, and an easy walk to one of the recommended "tapas" streets. The staff was helpful with advice on transportation. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior courtyard; it's quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business