“Not worth the good ranking”
Review of Ranchito Mexicano

Ranchito Mexicano
Ranked #107 of 1,620 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Homemade mexican food in Granada. Enjoy our enchiladas with mole, tacos pastor... We speak english and we have an english menu.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were very underwhelmed, very small portion of tacos and burritos stuffed with lots of rice. Not bad, but not to be raved about, can do better at home. Lunchtime empty, maybe there's a reason!

1  Thank samgreer

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly and good homestyle food. Just like the Mexican food back home. We've been living in Paris where Mexican == Chipotle chain. I had the enchiladas mole here which has a very good flavor.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Okay, upon reading the two previous reviews, I can't help but be in jaw-dropping disbelief at their horrifically pompous and picky responses! Ranchito Mexicano is completely homemade, delicious, fresh, and overall - AWESOME! I am a Texan, born and raised, living in Granada for a year-long study exchange program, and I have been to Ranchito 3 times now to get my Mexican food fix, and I've been no less than 110% satisfied every time. It's authentic, it hits the spot, and it is possibly 100 million times better than the other "mexican restaurant" around the corner, which is more akin to Taco Bell... avoid that one at all costs!

First of all, you gotta compliment them on their mole (chocolatey enchilada sauce). It is incredibly difficult to get right, even for your typical Texas or Southern California restaurant, and they make it PERFECTLY at Ranchito! So delicious, makes my mouth water. I've gotten the mole chicken burrito twice, and chilaquiles once, and it was all just a party in my mouth - both dishes highly recommended!

The greatest aspect of Ranchito, contrary to the belief of the previous reviewer, is the service! It is a family owned and operated restaurant, and the ladies working there are incredibly sweet and willing to recommend you something and work with you on what kind of dish you want. Their story is incredible - you can read it in full here, the owner's daughter's blog, who has been alive as long as the restaurant: http://ranchitomexicano.blogspot.com.es , but in short, heart and soul goes into every meal at Ranchito, everything is made from scratch AND - the margaritas are delicious. I'm going to recommend it to all of my friends!

I'm sorry for the people below that found the service inadequate and the food "greasy" and "tasteless". To them I would say 1) Accidents happen. 2) Mexican food is always greasy to some extent, but it's definitely not excessive at Ranchito, I had chilaquiles and they were perfectly cheesy and delicious! and 3) You're tasteless. Ask for extra salsa next time. Make it PICANTE!!!

1  Thank Theresa S
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Clarification - I tried finding restaurant contact information on the web and came up empty or I'd write to them directly.
I dined here with my husband recently in Granada as we were hoping for a break from tapas after traveling in Spain for most of the month. Upon going to Ranchito Mexicano, we ordered drinks and the waitress accidentally spilled a half of a beer all over me at the beginning of the meal. I was given a used bar towel to sop up what spilled on me and was told 'don't worry, the beer will be gratis.' Her English was not great and my Spanish isn't either, but she did apologize. I didn't overreact (though I wasn't happy) and we continued to order our meals. The menu items I requested were not available and my husband had so-so fajitas. The chimichanga I had was greasy. I was really disappointed when the bill came that ONLY the beer I ordered was comped and nothing more. We spent almost 50 euros on our meal (two drinks, an appetizer, and two mains.) I didn't want the entire meal comped, but comping a 2.50 Euro domestic beer doesn't even cover the service of getting my shirt and pants laundered while on vacation. Not to mention, I felt that I was wearing a wet diaper for the entire meal. In hindsight, I should've walked out -- but as tourists on the road for several weeks and having walked all day, I was starving. The mediocre food could've sufficed on it's own with an average review (for what it is) - but the customer service experience left so much to be desired. I feel bad because our waitress was nice, but she was young and clearly doesn't understand how to address issues such as this in a restaurant from a guest perspective. I would not recommend it at all to visitors. We had a great (non-Spanish) meal the following night for less money and left super happy.

1  Thank jdemaree
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

If you are from North America, the food at this restaurant has no resemblance to tex mex that you think is decent Mexican food. Firstly, what they call salsa for the 8 tortilla chips they served is nothing more than a meagre amount of some onion and a bit of tomato. They give you a choice of dips for the chips and each one is tasteless except for the one that burns your mouth and is still tasteless. The main server is a 16 year old who was doing her homework at one of the tables near us. We had a margarita that was so sour yet watery that it was barely drinkable. It was at that point that we wanted to cut our losses so we left. I do not understand the positive comments about this place. We really tried to order but it was impossible. Finally the mother of the girl came out and admitted that she prepares with no spices because she claimed Spanish people like bland food. So if you like tasteless food, this is the place you.