“Fantastic”

Ranked #152 of 1,601 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Homemade mexican food in Granada. Enjoy our enchiladas with mole, tacos pastor... We speak english and we have an english menu.
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Wow, we were lost in Grenada and found this place by luck. Oh my God what great food never had such a meal the fajitas were amazing and the nachos delicious. Spoke to the owner who is the chef, she lived in Mexico for a while and added her spanish touch. If i ever go back to Grenada will go there again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited my son in Granada. He was in the mood for Mexican food. We went to Ranchito Mexicano and were very disappointed. First, only one table was occupied when we entered. The food was microwaved frozen. The waitress spent more time on her laptop and listening to music on her headphones. My wife and one son ordered different dishes, yet other than the fact that one was folded and one wasn't, they were both identical! This place is a joke.

mic v, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ranchito Mexicano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for your comments, and we feel your disappointment but we can guarantee that our food is completely homemade and although some of our dishes may look similar, they are not.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were very underwhelmed, very small portion of tacos and burritos stuffed with lots of rice. Not bad, but not to be raved about, can do better at home. Lunchtime empty, maybe there's a reason!

1  Thank samgreer
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly and good homestyle food. Just like the Mexican food back home. We've been living in Paris where Mexican == Chipotle chain. I had the enchiladas mole here which has a very good flavor.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Okay, upon reading the two previous reviews, I can't help but be in jaw-dropping disbelief at their horrifically pompous and picky responses! Ranchito Mexicano is completely homemade, delicious, fresh, and overall - AWESOME! I am a Texan, born and raised, living in Granada for a year-long study exchange program, and I have been to Ranchito 3 times now to get my Mexican food fix, and I've been no less than 110% satisfied every time. It's authentic, it hits the spot, and it is possibly 100 million times better than the other "mexican restaurant" around the corner, which is more akin to Taco Bell... avoid that one at all costs!

First of all, you gotta compliment them on their mole (chocolatey enchilada sauce). It is incredibly difficult to get right, even for your typical Texas or Southern California restaurant, and they make it PERFECTLY at Ranchito! So delicious, makes my mouth water. I've gotten the mole chicken burrito twice, and chilaquiles once, and it was all just a party in my mouth - both dishes highly recommended!

The greatest aspect of Ranchito, contrary to the belief of the previous reviewer, is the service! It is a family owned and operated restaurant, and the ladies working there are incredibly sweet and willing to recommend you something and work with you on what kind of dish you want. Their story is incredible - you can read it in full here, the owner's daughter's blog, who has been alive as long as the restaurant: http://ranchitomexicano.blogspot.com.es , but in short, heart and soul goes into every meal at Ranchito, everything is made from scratch AND - the margaritas are delicious. I'm going to recommend it to all of my friends!

I'm sorry for the people below that found the service inadequate and the food "greasy" and "tasteless". To them I would say 1) Accidents happen. 2) Mexican food is always greasy to some extent, but it's definitely not excessive at Ranchito, I had chilaquiles and they were perfectly cheesy and delicious! and 3) You're tasteless. Ask for extra salsa next time. Make it PICANTE!!!

RANCHITO MEXICANO IS THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN GRANADA!!!!

1  Thank Theresa S