Maybe it was just my bad luck but the apartment we got was poor and most importantly was not one of the 4 different options as advertised on the website here : http://apartamentoscasamontalban.com/. Its a simple case of false advertising whereby what you got was not what was advertised on the website and you were not told of this fact either.
Simple facts are about the apartment we got are :
1) Located opposite Mercado San Agustin this immediate block happens to be the designated "home" for a half-dozen homeless people who live outside the building nightly and relive themselves there as well. As a result, there is permanent stench of urine and feces at or around the building entrance. I have nothing against homelessness but as a tourist visiting a city this situation is obviously not ideal.
2) noisy. The building has a large, heavy, noisy old front entrance door which can be heard being closed everytime its used. All through the night you will be keep awake with this loud door closing "crash" for each and every person using it (its a large apartment building with many many units).
3) lousy A/C. Granada in summer is hot and this apartments single A/C unit in the living room simply does not cool the entire place well enough, especially the bedroom on the other side of the unit.
Mr Fernando is a nice fella and was disappointed with my feedback. My poor review is simply for the sake of others to be careful when evaluating the actual apartment you will be getting and to encourage renters to advertise what they actually provide. I am not a picky traveler and I find it hard to believe that anyone would have been satisfied with the unit I got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Montalbán has its beginning in a carefully restored historic building with modern spaces for your enjoyment. But now we manage apartments in 4 charming buildings. We are in the heart of Granada, in quiet but central places, close to everything important in the city: Alhambra, Cathedral, Tapas, Albaicín, shops, etc.. Very easy access by car and associated garage. In Granada you will not need to use your car. The apartments are spacious and comfortable with modern facilities and everything you could need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Montalban Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.