“Well located” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 125 Hotels in Granada
London, United Kingdom
“Well located”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed for 1 night to visit the Alhambra. The hotel is very centrally located being smack bang in the middle of Plaza Nueva and a short walk (15 mins) to the Alhambra. The room were clean and modern. However the room was quite small and struggled with two large pieces of luggage.
Also no safety deposit box!! Bathroom was very clean but fairly small.

The breakfast was ok - the hot food (scrambled eggs and ham) tasted terrible, however the pastries and bread were much better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
maciacondor, Gerente at Hotel Macia Plaza, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear custumer, as hotel manager I want to thank you on behalf of all Macia Plaza Hotel staff . Your comments certainly help us in our continuous improvement, and encourage us to continue to provide a quality service, with the only purpose of improving each day customer satisfaction.
Hoping to meet you at your next visit, I would like to take the opportunity to send my best regards.

Raul Carrillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Leiden, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is, in my opinion, overrated. When we arrived, we thought EUR 55 for one nigth to much (in December), so I started to negotiated and offered 45. The owner agreed (I thought), so we decided to stay the night. Next day he denied the agreed price and we were forced to pay the full 55 euros, which the room clearly was not worth. We moved to a very pleasant pension (37 euro) at a distance of 200 m....

Room Tip: Check out one of the cheaper pensions in Cuesta de Gomerez, just opposite.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thom S

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I went to Granada Spain for a Flamenco Guitar course and my school Carmen de las cuevas had left my room keys at Hotel Macia Plaza, Nueva,Granada and since I travelled from Madrid Airport to Granada and reached early in the morning no one was there on the road to guide me to the hotel but I found one taxi on the Granada bus station and he dropped me properly at the hotel which costed around 4 euros from where I collected my room keys which was situated at Unso (11)Calle San Gregorio Alto, Granada and I managed to reach my Guitar course in time at the school . The people in Spain are very kind and helpful particulary with foreigners . El corte ingles is a very big supermarket in the heart of Granada from where I booked my return tickets to India via Emirates and they also arranged a morning bus for me to Madrid airport @ 24 euros(5 hours journey). the journey was pleasent with a halt for coffee break at Andalucia the place which I had always read on internet where great flamenco guitarists were born. During my journey from Granada to Madrid I found a road going to Sevilla & I was excited because it is the place where my Godfather ,my teacher Juan Serrano(the king of flamenco guitar) was born but now he has settled in USA. I will always wish to visit Spain again and again for many reasons like disciplened traffic rules, good climate, good people, clean roads, disciplned bus facility. Hola Espana. regards
Deepak

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Three of us decided suddenly to stay the night in Granada. Found the hotel in passing and as walk in guests got amazing prices (OK it is out of season) 45 Euro for a double, 40 for a single. Rooms on the small side but all we wanted was a place to sleep. Beds a good size, comfortable, all clean with more clothes hangars than most. Shower quite blissful. The staff were very helpful with all queries.

It is situated in the main touristy square - Plaza Nueva - which has the advantage of being close to the Cathedral (5mins), same for Capilla Real and the bus stop up to the Alhambra. The old Moorish area of Albacin is a short stroll away; and the Plaza is full of cafes and restaurants.

As for parking. Parking is expensive in Granada. Little space. We parked at the Alhambra car park and left the car there (safely) overnight. It was cheaper than having it down below. Having found this place I will recommend it to all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We arrived at appointed hour only to be told that room would be ready in 10 minutes - nearer half an hour which put us under pressure to collect tickets for next day's trip to Alhambra. Room was clean and bed comfortable. The shower was more of a cascade, nearer the wall than a shower.

The antiquated lift had difficulty In coping with 2 people and suitcases, and was a horror in the morning when we were trying to check out. It just kept on passing our floor with folk in it.

Reception was not continuously manned, although there was a CCTV camera. Leaving one's key open to the general populous was not a thing I particularly liked. When reception staff were present they were friendly and helpful

The room we had, booked as a superior, in the hope of a bit extra space was cramped, although the balcony overlooked the main square of seville, maybe an advantage or a disadvantage? The music on a Saturday night goes on until 02:30 I went to sleep, but my partner was awake until the last notes faded. Grandstand view of the entertainment and a true look at Grenada life.
Partner said breakfast (extra cost) was good.

Room Tip: Depending on whether you like entertainment choose the front or the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

A great location, close to everything you want to see. The staff are really friendly and go out of their way to make your visit enjoyable and smooth-running. A good value hotel with clean, comfortable rooms and free wi-fi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank S W
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

No doubt, this is the best location hotel in granada. Its very good value for money too, my booking was breakfast included and i did enjoy the breakfast very much too. Room and shower very very clean.
However, my experience was ruined with a noisy air conditioning which keep making cracking sounds thus interuptted my sleep in room 303. I didnt really complain as i thought i would put up with it. Also, one day when i was shutting my room door, the fake ceiling on corridor collapsed on me, hit my head and gave me a nasty bruise on my leg. Fortunately it was thin metal and didnt knock me out. I told the hotel staff and the reception apologised. I guess it was just my bad luck but it was quite traumatising.

Despite my bad experience, i would recommend this hotel because location was really good and room was clean. Just watch out the ceiling.

Room Tip: not room 303
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo