“Very disappointing”

Ranked #33 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Bit tired looking - parking garage from hell, which nevertheless costs a fortune - double bed was two singles pushed together. Continental breakfast is served in a separate little room with no sign, and if you go in the main dining room by mistake you get charged full hit. Horrible. Give this one a miss.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ContextNH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We used this hotel as a springboard to visit the Alhambra Palace. Although staying only one night at this hotel with a tour group, I found this hotel very appealing as the grounds and gardens were most attractive and well kept.

Our rooms were well appointed.

Room Tip: The beds tend to be on the firm side.
Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbj3
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a spacious, well equipped comfortable room and bathroom - very good value for money. The hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the town centre but it's a good place to stay if you have a car because the parking is relatively cheap. We tried the express breakfast which seemed like good value at first - but we feel that you are probably better off buying breakfast from one of the cafes outside the hotel. We did eat dinner at the restaurant one night and while the food was reasonable, the drinks were expensive and you are better off eating outside.

Room Tip: We had to change rooms (from 430 to 302) and found that the WiFi worked a lot better on Level 3!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Decent stay but far from a proper 4* star hotel. Not so top notch as it is presented on the photos, poor shower power, really terrible bed that caused me back pain, busy reception desk and general shabbiness all over. The architecture of the building is that of H letter so most of the rooms overlook parts of the building. Quite far from the town centre although a walk is not that bad -20-25 mins. We had parking included so that was convenient indeed as parking on the streets is quite a challenge. Ok for the cheap price, just don't expect it to be a proper 4 star as it's not.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We chose this hotel, because from my search it seemed to be in a quiet area and it was one of the cheapest out of the 4 star hotels out there. It is in fact located in a quiet residential area and has some flaws that I expected from the low price tag.

Although I thought the walking distance from the hotel to the city center was a bit longer than I expected, I liked the location after all. The new years eve was absolutely quiet, to my surprise. Didn't hear a single shot of fireworks.

The room itself seemed to have been recently renovated, but the bathroom wasn't. It looked aged with a plenty of age spots. The towels were clean, but again old. Oddly, the maid didn't change our towels or empty the trash cans on the second day. I understand the towel part if it was to conserve water and detergent, but they could've left extra new towels just in case we need them.

The room itself was pretty quiet, considering the hotel was full; but in the bathroom, it was a different story. I could hear running water in the shower and toilet flushes from next door, as loud as through a speaker.

We tried their pastry breakfast buffet for 5 euros, since by the end of our trip, we were tired of the same full breakfasts from the previous hotels. It was much worse than I expected. The room was like a plain cafeteria. It reminded me of the Best Western breakfast.

Overall, our stay was good and I have no regret, but I think they could improve their service and quality.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelwhenyoung
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We checked in for two nights in Saray hotel so that we could spend a day visiting the Alhambra Palace in Granada. The hotel car park was very narrow and challenging to maneuver in, but we were comforted that it was almost fully packed with cars. Check-in was efficiently done; we had a little difficulty logging into the internet initially, but the receptionist was very helpful to get us connected. The room was small but clean and adequate, and I loved the 5 different types of pillows made available for our use. Having just come from a much more expensive hotel, I really appreciate the fact that for 50 Euro a night, we had a comfortable room so close to Granada town centre. I accidentally forgot to lock my safe into whichever I left quite a bit of cash, but returning after a full day out, I found that our room was made up, but all my money was intact and my iPad was still there in the unlocked safe! What more could I ask? I highly recommend this as an excellent budget hotel with very honest staff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SYKN
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as part of an Insight Vacations group tour. There was no air conditioning and the room temperature was around 26 degrees Celsius from the afternoon sun. Hotels in Spain should adjust to global climate change and leave their central air conditioning on in November.

The room we had, was small, old and needs refurbishment (see photos). Opening the window meant that the apartment dwellers next door (around 20 metres away) could see into our room. The included breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple