“Okay but remember the free parking ”
Review of Saray Hotel

Saray Hotel
Ranked #37 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, not saying that I am forgetful but I booked the parking included in the price. Forgot about this so when I rushed into the hotel to ask where to park the car they told me it was 16 euros only to realise a day late that the parking is included.. Whoops.
The rooms are clean and big, the breakfast is basic but if you are an avid tea British drinker ask for a jug of hot water.
The staff are fine and everything is easy to walk to.
Thanks

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank lizfelix
There are newer reviews for Saray Hotel

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Hotel Saray has a bad location, the rooms were very dirty and very, but very noise. I couldn't sleep for two nights. The view was to tho this horrible project homes in Granada and the bed very unconfortable. The wi-fi they say they offer wasn't working for two day, the staff was very rude and the servant Sonia was a very rude and rough person. The hotel is very expensive and it entitle itself a 4 star, but in fact it should be only 1. The breakfast was a total disgrace. Bread, bread and more bread. TV was awful and the channels didn't work. I asked to change rooms and they said I couldn't change because they were too busy. The noise was everywhere. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from this disgraceful hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelerIE_12
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Bit tired looking - parking garage from hell, which nevertheless costs a fortune - double bed was two singles pushed together. Continental breakfast is served in a separate little room with no sign, and if you go in the main dining room by mistake you get charged full hit. Horrible. Give this one a miss.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ContextNH
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We used this hotel as a springboard to visit the Alhambra Palace. Although staying only one night at this hotel with a tour group, I found this hotel very appealing as the grounds and gardens were most attractive and well kept.

Our rooms were well appointed.

Room Tip: The beds tend to be on the firm side.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbj3
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a spacious, well equipped comfortable room and bathroom - very good value for money. The hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the town centre but it's a good place to stay if you have a car because the parking is relatively cheap. We tried the express breakfast which seemed like good value at first - but we feel that you are probably better off buying breakfast from one of the cafes outside the hotel. We did eat dinner at the restaurant one night and while the food was reasonable, the drinks were expensive and you are better off eating outside.

Room Tip: We had to change rooms (from 430 to 302) and found that the WiFi worked a lot better on Level 3!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Decent stay but far from a proper 4* star hotel. Not so top notch as it is presented on the photos, poor shower power, really terrible bed that caused me back pain, busy reception desk and general shabbiness all over. The architecture of the building is that of H letter so most of the rooms overlook parts of the building. Quite far from the town centre although a walk is not that bad -20-25 mins. We had parking included so that was convenient indeed as parking on the streets is quite a challenge. Ok for the cheap price, just don't expect it to be a proper 4 star as it's not.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We chose this hotel, because from my search it seemed to be in a quiet area and it was one of the cheapest out of the 4 star hotels out there. It is in fact located in a quiet residential area and has some flaws that I expected from the low price tag.

Although I thought the walking distance from the hotel to the city center was a bit longer than I expected, I liked the location after all. The new years eve was absolutely quiet, to my surprise. Didn't hear a single shot of fireworks.

The room itself seemed to have been recently renovated, but the bathroom wasn't. It looked aged with a plenty of age spots. The towels were clean, but again old. Oddly, the maid didn't change our towels or empty the trash cans on the second day. I understand the towel part if it was to conserve water and detergent, but they could've left extra new towels just in case we need them.

The room itself was pretty quiet, considering the hotel was full; but in the bathroom, it was a different story. I could hear running water in the shower and toilet flushes from next door, as loud as through a speaker.

We tried their pastry breakfast buffet for 5 euros, since by the end of our trip, we were tired of the same full breakfasts from the previous hotels. It was much worse than I expected. The room was like a plain cafeteria. It reminded me of the Best Western breakfast.

Overall, our stay was good and I have no regret, but I think they could improve their service and quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple