“Definitely not a 4 star hotel!”
Review of Saray Hotel

Saray Hotel
Ranked #37 of 123 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel website claims it is a 4 star hotel that is 5 min walk from city center but it is not! It is 15-20 min walk to the city center. Overall, the hotel looked old, lobby was ok, the rooms' size were good but no AC provided in March!! The response we got it is in the 40s at night...but the fact is the room get stuffy, we tried opening the windows but it is noisy outside because it is located on a busy street and the rooms overlook other buildings no privacy whatsoever. ..so that didn't work! No iron and ironing board in the room...but they will do it for a fee!! The free WiFi is horrible and you wait for ever to load. ..ended up using our data plan to make some reservations. ..beds very uncomfortable and stiff...can't comment on their food bec we didn't eat there. Paid parking...for the value we got i could have stayed in Best Western 3 star in the city center and saved ourselves all the extra walking and aggravation...Bear in mind that once you get to city center you still have lot of walking and steep climbing to do...if my rooms were refundable i would have cancelled my reservation. ..we had two rooms for 3 nights...totally regret my choice!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sahar A
ANTONIO C, General Manager at Saray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Customer

firstly please accept my sincere apology in view of the dissatisfaction reflecting your comments

I regret that the situation of our hotel may not have been what you expected, because is just a few minutes from the shopping center of the city (5-10 minutes) but there is effectively a long walk to the Alhambra, because, as you were able to verify the Alhambra is not located in the city center but rather on a hillside, it is recommended to go up in public transport

Our hotel has a centralized system of air conditioning and heating, and during the month of March and because of the night temperature does not exceed 10-15 degrees it is only available heating system. However, please accept my apology if the temperature in your room it was not the required for you

Our hotel has not Advertise or disposal to the customers and ironing board as it appears you expected.

The WIFI system is complimentary and we are working to provide a premium wifi system, with a small cost for those customers who need a higher speed

One of the aspects most highly valued by our customers is the comfort and convenience of our beds and mattresses therefore I am sorry that your opinion is other

Remain, but rather thank you for your comments, because will definitely helping to improve the service and the attention to all our clients

Yours sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this hotel today on a special via Hotel.com and discovered that I had the wrong dates booked which were in April. We are not travelling until June and I contacted Hotel.com who were very good and rang the Saray Hotel to see if they would allow me to swap the dates even though it was a non refundable booking. Contacting them within a few hours of discovering the mistake I would have thought they could have been more reasonable particularly as I checked the website and the same room was available on the dates we wanted for an additional $2.58. They simply advised that they would not change the booking. We will not be staying at this Hotel. If I had discovered the mistake in a month or so I could accept their decision. Totally unreasonable. Do us a favour and don't stay their either as they obviously have very little regard for their customers but plenty for a quick dollar.
Disgruntled Traveller

Room Tip: Be very careful with your dates when booking non refundable rates. I had to put in that I travelled...
Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teymhe
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is in a good location - only 10 mins walk from the city centre and easy to get to other attractions in Granada from this hotel.
The rooms were spacious and very clean.
The staff were helpful and speak some English so was easy to communicate.
We did get the express breakfast for a few days, however this wasn't that great - only toast, croissants and tea/coffee. The other breakfast may have been better - however was quite pricey at 11 euros each, There are local bakery's and cafes to have breakfast as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014

the hotel is nice inside and well situated. The customer service however does not match the surroundings.
It seems as though the management are more interested in instant profit than treating their clients well so that they return in the future.
I am very dissappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank kwall01
ANTONIO C, Director General at Saray Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Customer

I very much regret your comments about the service provided during your satay in our hotel

I would like to know what was the cause of your comments, for which I remain at your disposal in my mail:
acampos@h-santos.es

Please accept my sincere apologies once again

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Good value for money, though the stay was in February, so lower than usual rates were on offer. At the price there was nothing to complain about. The hotel has secure car parking at a reasonable price, the parking is very tight for a large car.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LincolnshireBilly
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel is quite good situated, just 5 minutes walk, near to the city center. The hotel is fresh and clean and the staff friendly and speaks good English. The rooms are big and nice decorated with a lot of space, the bed was really nice to sleep in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed on Saray for 6 nights during my business trip to Spain. This is a 4 star property with beautiful rooms which are lit by natural light. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are very clean.

I made the booking from booking.com and the breakfast offered on the website was around 20 euros per day however it was available at 11 euros, not sure why? The breakfast was primarily american style and had ample options

Overall it was a nice stay at the hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business