“Very good location & comfortable rooms”
Review of Saray Hotel

Saray Hotel
Ranked #34 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Very good location & comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at the Saray - everything you need. You do need strong nerves to park in the car park but then parking seems to be a big issue in Granada. Gave up on trying to find street parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ANTONIO C, Manager at Saray Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Customer

We are pleased that your stay has been enjoyable.
We look forward to see you again in Granada

Yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here while visiting my son and found the 5 minute walk to the bridge looking up the Alhambra to be very easy, and at night breathtaking! I did not eat here as my son had plans for us to do each day were were together in town, so cannot comment on the food. However the staff at the desk was very helpful and I greatly appreciated their assistance.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less outside noise from the street which is to be expected!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Smaertmove123
ANTONIO C, Director General at Saray Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Customer,

I appreciate your comments. We are pleased that the location and especially the attention of our staff have been to your liking.

Yours faithfully
California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I'm surprised with the extremely negative reviews, I didn't have any problems at this hotel. I liked the pretty quiet location and outside elevator, beautiful pools. I didn't find it far from the center of town, took me ten minutes or less to the park. I didn't have much interaction with the staff other than the front desk but they were friendly. I rated the hotel a five but lower five.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
ANTONIO C, General Manager at Saray Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Customer,

I appreciate your comments. We are pleased that the location and comfort of our facilities have been to your liking.

Yours faithfully
toronto
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on March 30th this year with my wife. Although it does look old, the room was spacious, clean, quiet and has a very cool comfortable temperature for sleeping. They do offer a good breakfast buffet. The lobby is spacious and the City Centre is not far away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andthenwhat
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel website claims it is a 4 star hotel that is 5 min walk from city center but it is not! It is 15-20 min walk to the city center. Overall, the hotel looked old, lobby was ok, the rooms' size were good but no AC provided in March!! The response we got it is in the 40s at night...but the fact is the room get stuffy, we tried opening the windows but it is noisy outside because it is located on a busy street and the rooms overlook other buildings no privacy whatsoever. ..so that didn't work! No iron and ironing board in the room...but they will do it for a fee!! The free WiFi is horrible and you wait for ever to load. ..ended up using our data plan to make some reservations. ..beds very uncomfortable and stiff...can't comment on their food bec we didn't eat there. Paid parking...for the value we got i could have stayed in Best Western 3 star in the city center and saved ourselves all the extra walking and aggravation...Bear in mind that once you get to city center you still have lot of walking and steep climbing to do...if my rooms were refundable i would have cancelled my reservation. ..we had two rooms for 3 nights...totally regret my choice!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sahar A
ANTONIO C, General Manager at Saray Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Customer

firstly please accept my sincere apology in view of the dissatisfaction reflecting your comments

I regret that the situation of our hotel may not have been what you expected, because is just a few minutes from the shopping center of the city (5-10 minutes) but there is effectively a long walk to the Alhambra, because, as you were able to verify the Alhambra is not located in the city center but rather on a hillside, it is recommended to go up in public transport

Our hotel has a centralized system of air conditioning and heating, and during the month of March and because of the night temperature does not exceed 10-15 degrees it is only available heating system. However, please accept my apology if the temperature in your room it was not the required for you

Our hotel has not Advertise or disposal to the customers and ironing board as it appears you expected.

The WIFI system is complimentary and we are working to provide a premium wifi system, with a small cost for those customers who need a higher speed

One of the aspects most highly valued by our customers is the comfort and convenience of our beds and mattresses therefore I am sorry that your opinion is other

Remain, but rather thank you for your comments, because will definitely helping to improve the service and the attention to all our clients

Yours sincerely
Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this hotel today on a special via Hotel.com and discovered that I had the wrong dates booked which were in April. We are not travelling until June and I contacted Hotel.com who were very good and rang the Saray Hotel to see if they would allow me to swap the dates even though it was a non refundable booking. Contacting them within a few hours of discovering the mistake I would have thought they could have been more reasonable particularly as I checked the website and the same room was available on the dates we wanted for an additional $2.58. They simply advised that they would not change the booking. We will not be staying at this Hotel. If I had discovered the mistake in a month or so I could accept their decision. Totally unreasonable. Do us a favour and don't stay their either as they obviously have very little regard for their customers but plenty for a quick dollar.
Disgruntled Traveller

Room Tip: Be very careful with your dates when booking non refundable rates. I had to put in that I travelled...
Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teymhe
London
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is in a good location - only 10 mins walk from the city centre and easy to get to other attractions in Granada from this hotel.
The rooms were spacious and very clean.
The staff were helpful and speak some English so was easy to communicate.
We did get the express breakfast for a few days, however this wasn't that great - only toast, croissants and tea/coffee. The other breakfast may have been better - however was quite pricey at 11 euros each, There are local bakery's and cafes to have breakfast as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends