“Super central location”

Ranked #30 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Super central location”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a hidden gem of a hotel with a super central location.
Extremely welcoming staff.
Stephanie quickly put us at ease and directed us to a discounted car park.
Breakfast buffet was more than plentiful and our bicycles were stored overnight in the office. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANGELA K
Gemma M, Recepcion at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Many thanks for your great valuation. We hope you return again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here in February 2014 & enjoyed our stay. The location couldn't be better - approx 5 min walk to Plaza Nueva & 5 min walk to the Royal Chapel. The price was unbeatable-50 euros/night. The free WIFI worked well in the room. The shower was very large-not the standard, tiny European shower. We would stay here again if we are in Granada.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amyhearttravel
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Many thanks for your great valuation. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Anacapri and would be pleased to receive you soon again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 February 2014

In middle of all the action in Granada. we stayed here for two nights. Hotel staff was very helpful and corteous. Stephanie at the front desk went out of her way to hell us with everything we asked of her. will definately recommend staying here.

1 Thank fikerehman
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Room was a little small after the extra bed put in, but we managed. Wifi did not work well in the room; go to lobby for good connection if needed. Staff here is great. The gentleman working evenings was extremely helpful and nice. Did not get breakfast as seemed pricey and some good bakeries in the area. Parking is difficult in the area, so hard to rate them down for that experience; but, they helped get us to our parking garage. Location is great, right in between the cathedral and Plaza Nueva.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank phillipsrhit
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Granada. We hope to be able to accommodate you again in the future.
Christchurch, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great location for buses everywhere, including Alhambra and bus station, plus plenty of restaurants nearby. Reception staff very helpful, and organised us to join a trip to flamenco show in the caves. Not huge but interesting decor.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look onto a quiet lane
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Gemma M, General Manager at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
We are very pleased that you had a good stay with us and hope to accommodate you again in the future!!
Washington
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Good location downtown and is within easy walking distance of lots of plazas. Go to Plaza Bib Ramblas, too. Staff were good and breakfast was great. Rooms were nice and big and bathroom was very nice. The only drawback was that the street light shone through the blinds. However, it is still a great hotel to pick for your stay in Granada.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Many thanks for your nice opinion, the location of the hotel is great for visiting the town. We would be pleased to receive you again at Hotel Anacapri Granada.
Reno
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Dear Hotel Manager, I am still waiting for the return phone call I insisted upon after you cancelled my reservation.

===========

I had a very negative experience with the Hotel Anacapri in Granada. The responsibility for the negative experience should properly be apportioned between myself, Expedia and the hotel. But I assign the hotel itself far more than half the responsibility.

My reservation was cancelled by the hotel. This is the first hotel initiated cancellation I have had in more than 40 years of business travel.

I arrived late, quite tired, at the hotel. The manager said I had no reservation. After a brief investigation, she said that I had canceled the room. Then (after my protests) she produced paperwork showing that they had difficulty with the credit card for the room guarantee and they canceled the reservation. I asked them why they did not call me; I was told that was too much trouble.

The I told the manager I wanted a phone call to discuss the matter the next day during business hours. (I assure you - I made this quit clear.) I was never called back.

The manager insisted that the hotel had absolutely no responsibility at all in the matter since they had notified Expedia. I looked for the email from Expedia and found none. But it is not unusual since they often go to spam despite my best efforts.

I booked another hotel at a high price, walked 350 meters dragging luggage over cobblestones with my wife. The other hotel was much better.

So, how are the rooms? How should I know. They canceled my reservation.

How was the service? Atrocious! Please, please, please take some responsibility. Enable managers to fix problems. In the USA, this could easily have been considered a “walk” (they had no double rooms).

BTW: I waited two days to cool down to write this. And as of yet, I have received no phone call from hotel management.

Expedia clearly bares some of the blame because a hotel in the middle of a trip was cancelled by someone other than me. When I logged in the next time, I should have been confronted with a very visible warning. But instead, whatever Expedia did, it was so slight that I did not notice anything even after perhaps 5+ logins and trip reviews before I left.

In my opinion. Expedia should also have called me after the hotel cancelled the reservation. I am supposed to be on Expedia’s VIP program.

But primarily, the hotel manager should have immediately seen that I was a legitimate traveler, that the hotel had not really done its part, and that the hotel had enough responsibility to resolve the problem. They are clearly in the wrong on this part. In addition to a room and a shower, those of us on foreign travel depend on the hotels to help us in difficulty. I did not book a Pension; I booked a real hotel. And that hotel, the Anacapri, gets my lowest possible rating because they let me down and did not help fix the problem.

To the hotel: Take responsibility and train your managers better. Please tell them the next person who comes in the door may have 50,000 twitter followers.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grover and Jenn... R
Gemma M, Manager at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Mr. Righter, we are very sorry to hear that you thought you still had a reservation with our hotel. As you already know from being the experienced traveller that you are, when you purchase a non-refundable rate, the hotel is required to charge your credit card immediately(therefore you receive the discounted price). WE received the initial reservation on December 1st 2013 from Expedia, your credit card was invalid, and we contacted Expedia immediately and received the cancellation from them on December 2nd. Expedia Travel by law had to have contacted you as well, which I'm sure they did. Therefore, as of December 2nd, we had no reservation, only a cancellation due to an invalid credit card. If we have received a cancellation from the company who made us the reservation because your credit card was invalid, why would we still hold a reservation for you??
We try to do our best to take care of our clients who DO have valid reservations as you can attest to through our reviews. If you have any further queries, perhaps you should contact Expedia. Kind regards,

Gemma Morello