“Great staff can make all the difference, this place proves that”
Review of Hotel Anacapri

Hotel Anacapri
Ranked #30 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I'll start off with the cons as that's definitely shorter list:
No free wifi, it was quite expensive actually, however I was recommended to go up the street to a bar that had free wifi.
The beds weren't the best, had some trouble getting comfortable on one of my two nights.
Pretty thin walls and could hear your neighbours, but most everyone was conscious of that and kept quiet late at night and early morning.

Now for the pros.
The staff were fantastic, I arrived in Granada having tried to get Alhambra tickets and finding they were sold out online for a week. I had resigned myself to waiting in line at 7AM at the ticket office to get in. However I encountered Stephanie at reception and she was phenomenal. Spent 30 minutes with me, booked me a ticket at the exact time I wanted, and answered a slew of other questions I threw at her in two different languages. Both she and the morning staff member (Cathy?) were extremely helpful in all aspects and they speak the languages of the majority of their guests (eng,fre,ger,esp)
The rooms were quiet spacious and had all the amenities. Location of the hotel itself couldn't be beat. Step outside and you're minutes from everything. Don't bother with breakfast in the hotel, head out onto the street and find a nice cafe, do some people watching.
Overall one of the best stays I have had in Spain and of the 3 hotels I booked based on Lonely Planet, this was the only one I was truly satisfied with.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank ttpluto

Reviewed 10 September 2010

Very nice hotel, we had a big discount (64 euro, incl breakfast) which made a very good price-quality. In the centre, Alhambra is on walking distance, still the rooms are quite. Also comforatable, well equiped, nice atmosfeer, with airco. The staff is even beter: gave all the information we needed (and more), and arranged a ticket (for Alhambra).
Breakfast also good.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Short stay but would have liked to have stayed longer. Superbly located for all the main sites, comfortable rooms, very helpful staff. Good to be able to book the visit to the Alhambra from the hotel, and also booked the hammam through the hotel - a wonderful experience! Breakfast was modest and over-priced, but apart from that no complaints. Would happily return and warmly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable hotel in the centre of Granada.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I stayed at hotel anacapri for one night in June 2010 and I wish I were in Granada longer. My itinerary did not permit a longer stay but the hotel staff were extremely accomodating and helpful during my 24 hours there. The location is great, just around the corner from on of the major squares with lots of options for food, close to numerous bus stops and a short ride or walk from the train. It was very convenient and felt very safe being in the middle if town. I was able to use wireless Internet and the room was comfortable and plenty of space for a single traveler. I was able to leave my bags and valuables with the front desk on my departure day as I want leaving until evening. The staff were very helpful both in person an communicatig with prior to the visit over email. Whatever you do, don't forget to reserve tickets to the Alhambra ahead of time!! Granada is beautiful and charming I will stay here on my next visit and recommend to family and friends.

Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We are glad you had a nice stay with us and hope to receive you another time at Hotel Anacapri Granada.

Stephanie
Reception
Hotel Anacapri Granada

Reviewed 3 July 2010

Our family of four booked the 'family room' at Hotel Anacapri and couldn´t have been happier.

We arrived at 8:30 am on a Sunday from the trenhotel overnight train from Barcelona ( a whole different adventure ) and of course our room wasn't ready. We were able to store our luggage and wander to a nearby bakery Pan y Chocolate for some yummy pastries to munch in Plaza Nuevo as the town maintenance crew cleaned up from the night before.

The hotel staff worked hard to get us a room but we gave them a break and went to mass at the Cathedral, and when we returned at 11:30 we were able to move in. We had Room 501, the only room on the fifth floor, because the 5th floor is really just this room. Kind of like the penthouse -- kind of.

The room was large, with a couch sitting area, tv, two chairs and coffee table, then 2 twin beds, and in a separate area 2 more twin beds with a desk and flat screen TV, and then a very well appointed and clean bathroom. There was a bidet, a toilet, and a shower-bath. There were air conditioners in both bedroom areas with separate remote controls. The rooms were very clean, the linens in very good shape, including towels that were soft.

I noticed that other reviewers had some trouble with street noise but we never had any.. maybe because we were up so high.

We did not take the breakfast so can´t comment on that, although it smelled very good each day as we were leaving.

Our trip to Spain consisted of visits to Barcelona, Granada, Toledo, and Madrid, and the Hotel Anacapri was our hands down favorite hotel and Granada was our favorite town. We could have spent a week there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed here for the first two nights of our vacation to Spain. After the airline losing our luggage, we were happy to check in at the Hotel Anacapri and find Kathy there to greet us. She spent quite a while on the phone trying to locate our luggage. I was very thankful for her and her willingness to go above and beyond what was expected. Our luggage was in our room when we returned that evening from dinner.
The big drawback to this hotel was the noise. Our room overlooked a street that had a restaraunt/bar that came alive around midnight and didn't close until after 2 pm.
Rooms were adequate. The location, as so many other reviewers have stated, couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stayed here with a tour group. Excellent location - quite near most of the major sites and plenty of action going on in the neighborhood. Quiet rooms, spacious. Free wi-fi in lobby but it was painfully slow (so was the free computer). Nice enough breakfast, typical of Spanish hotels (cold cuts, some cereal, rolls, coffee). Very helpful desk staff.

• Stayed: May 2010