“Best Alhambra hotel”
Review of Guadalupe Hotel

Guadalupe Hotel
Ranked #38 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Best hotel for visiting the Alhambra. Parking right by hotel and Alhambra. Clean. Very nice bathrooms. Don't bother with the restaurant though. It was mediocre at best. Definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank r B
There are newer reviews for Guadalupe Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you're visiting Granada to see Alhambra, this hotel is the best option, unless you can afford the Parador. I stayed Nov. 25-30, 2013 and the property is literally across the street from the entrance of Alhambra, less than two minutes walking from the lobby. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly with most speaking English. There is a convenient bus service, number 30, which runs from Alhambra down into Granada central where you can connect with other buses, see other attractions, etc. The food at the Guadalupe was great; brick oven pizza and seafood paella being the best. My only quibble was the internet access; it was described as being in-room and I even emailed to verify this. I was very frustrated the first few days to find out that was not the case and access worked only in the lobby, dependent on where I sat. Of course towards of my stay, it started working in-room. Internet access when traveling abroad is a huge deal for me; if it's not a concern, the Guadalupe is still the best value for your stay. If I'm in Granada again for the purpose of visiting Alhambra, I would book a room at this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights (Oct 14 and 15) at this facility and chose it for its proximity to the Alhambra. While it is also a very quick walk downhill to the city center, it is really a bus ride back. Our rooms (we had 2) were clean and quiet, we had a nice view of the Alhambra from our window, the bed was somewhat hard but still comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I have only one complaint . Can I live without internet access? Yes. However, it still would be nice for those of us who do not have wyfi, to have computer use available.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, bed only.

LOCATION: 3 minutes walk to the Alhambra entrance (involves small flight of steps) or longer walk (?10 mins) if you need to avoid steps. Limited eateries within a few hundred yards. Many more eateries in the town. If walking, there are numerous steps down to the town (and more importantly back up again!) with some fantastic views to be enjoyed. You could go down by car (not sure about parking in the town).
DECOR/STANDARD OF ACCOMMODATION: A little tired, but still pleasant and serviceable. Comfortable bed, good shower pressure, no noise of any particular note. We had a room with a large terrace which was very nice. Small lift is available.
SERVICE: Employees friendly enough and helpful. Café/bar service slow/disappointing/expensive. We had not opted for breakfast.
PARKING: Not available at the hotel, but you can unload just outside the hotel (opposite side of the road) and then park your car in the Alhambra car park at a reduced rate. Car to hotel by foot can be as little as 2/3 mins (via steps).
AIRCON: We stayed in Sept and the temp outside was up to 40 degrees. Felt comfortable in the room - no problems.
OTHER: As with most hotels, towels provided are for models and children, not real people!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Check my reviews; one star reviews are rare for me, but this hotel merited it. First, before we checked in, an elderly couple had just finished checking in and was trying to get their luggage from outside the entry, up the steps and through the heavy doors. The man used a cane. They gave up and asked for help twice while we were there. The front desk staff acted annoyed and said they would call someone to help. Meanwhile, they sat outside next to the busy street with their luggage waiting. We unloaded our luggage, drove to the lot and parked and walked back and saw them still waiting and very distressed. My husband ended up carrying up their stuff to their room. No reaction from the front desk although we all walked right by. We got to our room and the wifi wasn't working. I talked to the front desk and they said a technician had been called and that I should use the wifi in the lobby. We were at the Guadalupe for two nights and wifi never worked in our room. We booked a terrace room and envisioned relaxing there in my PJs and using the internet to catch up with our kids and the news back home. I asked about the wifi repair about six times during our stay. They assured me a technician had been called but the issue was never fixed. Meanwhile I used the wifi in the lobby with another guest who said he had been at the hotel for three nights and had also complained about the internet problems. The toilet flush was very loud and you had to hold the button down until flushing was complete. Seriously, the sound was so loud I would wake up my husband when I used the bathroom during the night. I mentioned this to the front desk because I really believed that it couldn't possibly be the way it was supposed to operate. The young woman laughed and said all of the toilets were like that. She laughed. Sorry, but that was really the last straw. The room was fine, I liked the location and if not for the problems I've detailed above, I would have given this place five stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda4490
Guadalupehotel, Director Comercial at Guadalupe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I really regret the bad experience you had with some services during your stay of two days, but focusing on your main complaint, let me explain you that one of our must is the good service of our Staff.- this is not a subjective impression, but the usual comments of our 95 % clients, and also the day a day that I can observe with our staff.
I checked point by point all your complaint, and it is true that we had some problems with the wi-fi in the rooms last week, and it is true that depending on the number of people trying to connect at the same time, some times the signal was not enough in rooms, but perfect in the main areas of the Hotel, (I appreciate at least you indicated that you could connect in the hall). Also is true that we have not porter sevice with the luggages, and however we try to do our best if some old people need it, I really think you maybe came in a very bussy time, and only that was the reason we could not help with the luggages.
Finally about the "toilet flush comment" please, you can believe me, I know our reception staff (Cristina and Jessica) from more than 10 years, I can sure you they are the main arguments next to the other receptionist, Joaquin, of the good attention and good service we allways provides to our guests, and this way of doing you perceived I never saw, and I am sure I will never see from them. I really think it was your perception, but it is not appropiate to throw suspicion of bad behavior just because a "young woman laughed" next to a suspect wrong comment. Of course it is not true that our toilets are noisy, and when some of them have a problem we try to solution it as soon as possible . . .

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel, next to the Alhambra car park, is an efficient choice for car drivers. The buffet breakfast, however, was far below the standard we experienced during our 5 weeks in Spain, and very poor value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amp93
Guadalupehotel, Director Comercial at Guadalupe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear guests,

Thanks for your coment, and just I would like to mention your opinion about our breakfast buffet, because probably people might consider that we dont offer too much compared with the price , we charge. I don't know the type of breakfast you ordered, but if you had the complet buffet, under the price of 10,50 euros, we every morning are serving scrambled eggs, sausages, toasted bacon, different assortment of cold meats, cheese and pates, assortment of cereals, yogurts, Diferent assortment of breads, croissants, assortment of patries and cakes, of course, also fresh fruits like apple, oranges, pears, grapes, melon and watermelon, dry fruits like apricots, plums, three diferents fruit juices, and also if you fancy, a cup of cava (spanish champagne). Of course, we also have a lower price Continental breakfast, (6 euros) and you can have orange juice, croissant, toast with jam and butter, and of course a good caffee. However we appreciate your opinion wich will help us to improve in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

If, like us, you are going to Granada to visit the Alhambra, then this is the place to stay. It's just across the road from the Alhambra, and right beside the visitors centre from where one of the major tour operates.
The hotel is clean and efficient and dinner was fine and breakfast was good.
Not much to say about The Guadalupe other than its there, it works and it does what it says on the tin.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple