“Great Service, small room”

Hotel Dauro Granada
Ranked #41 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed here for three nights in March 2011. My stay was fantastic as the staff were all very friendly and responsive to everything that I asked of them. Being that Spanish is a language I was just learning the staff were all willing to work with my Spanish, unlike other hotels that I went to in Spain where they would switch to English.

I found the room to be a bit small, but very adequate for one person.

I also found the location to be a bit out of the hussle and bussle, but it was close to the river so going for a jog was really convenient.

I'm probably not going to return to Granada, but if I did I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 May 2011

Just stayed there for 4 nights recently with my wife and infant son. We found all the staff in the hotel to be extremely helpful and friendly.

The room we stayed in was a very good size and had a good ambience about it.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Close to the major sites, including Al Hambra, St Nicolas and Albaicin (Arabian quarter)

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Alim U
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband, I, and our three sons are staying at the Hotel Dauro for two nights on our way across Andalucia. My son found it on the Internet. Great location, staff has been invaluable, haven't tried breakfast, good view from balcony. A little noisy, but I like city noises. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Santorini48
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Very small single room, in a fairly average hotel. Really friendly service, and nice breakfast, but the hotel itself was ordinary - not bad, but not great either. A reasonable place to stay if you can't find anywhere else, but would have rather have been a bit closer to the action.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank AEF_9
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We spent four days visiting our daughter who was completing semester abroad in Granada. Hotel was well located on a main street with minimal road noise. Room and bath were clean and of decent size. Wifi in room. Very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.
it was easy to walk most places. Cabs are very cheap and plentiful. Buses are right outside the hotel. One can get anywhere easily.
There are all sorts of services nearby. We especially like La Isla, two blocks away, for breakfast pastries and cafe con leche.
(Tinto de Verrano is a most delightful and refreshing drink available at most cafes.)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sodalime
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My three basic necessities for a hotel are 1. comfortable bed, 2. free, efficient wifi in room, 3. adequate shower pressure. Dauro had all three. Add to this very helpful staff in difficult circumstances when we were stranded in Granada because of the ash. This is a really good hotel. It is a five minute walk the Conference Centre, and almost next door to El Corte Ingles. So, well-positioned. Some drawbacks. On busy main road, so get a rear room if possible. Not in a picturesque part of Granada, so not ideal for romantic getaways. AlsoBreakfast poor: no jamon, and miserable orange juice (squash?) in a place famous for both!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian_de_Kilburn
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Stayed at the Dauro for a long weekend at the begining of April. The hotel was nice, the room was clean, beds really comfy and it had a great location.

By far the best thing were the staff. They were super helpful and polite. Parking the car in the underground garage was incredibly hard but there was always someone on hand to get the car in and out for us. Thank goodness or we would still be there now! We also went to an hamman in Granada and the really helpful receptionist booked it for us and we payed at the reception.

There were two things that weren't as good - the breakfast and the fact that the air con wasn't working. We asked at recepotion but they said it wasn't switched on until later in the month! This meant the room was a buit stuffy at times and we couldn't really sleep witht he window open becuae of the traffic noise. But they were only small things which didn't spoil our stay.

I'd definitely recomend the Duaro for a comfy friendly stay in Granada.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends