“Poor customer service”

Hotel Dauro Granada
Ranked #38 of 123 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Overall okay as a 'basic' stay hotel. The wifi was patchy and not very good. Worse still, there is no 'customer service' experience here. The staff are uninterested - bordering on the rude - and unhelpful. If none of this important to you you should survive (enjoy!) your stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
NachoGranada, Propietario at Hotel Dauro Granada, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

I am really sorry to read your review. It is for me one of the worst things that can happen in a hotel.
It is very unusual for us to hear reviews such as this one, as the customer care is the most valued aspect in our hotel. I ask you for some more information to find ouu what could have happened and what person attended you.
Ignacio Saez
Manager & Owner.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

First of all, from what i read and personally experienced, for the same level of hotel and same amount of money you spend, European hotels generally are worse than their counterparts in America and Asia. For example, many things don't come standard, such as AC, internet and Safe box, just to name a few. In my ignorant personal opinion, you really need to adjust your expectations and do your research. That is why i am writing reviews here for my European trips, because trip advisor's reviews helped me a lot as far as selecting the right hotels.

I stayed here one night in June, mainly to visit Alhambra.

Good:
1. The skinny lady wearing glasses at reception desk is super helpful and very very nice, she also speaks very good english. Some other tourist actually uploaded her picture in their reviews. kind of funny.

2. Room and bathroom are clean, AC works well, some english channels for TV, wireless internet is excellent! There is a safe in the room.

3. Location is good. Right next to a bus stop. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. I was walking around 11pm. No safety issue.

4. I did the internet special room, much cheaper than Barcelona and seville, well granada a much smaller city of course.

Just a note:
I can't technically say it's bad, due to the discounted price i paid, my room was very small, for those who consider themselves "big", you may want to consider pay a little more for bigger room. My wife and I are skinny and we loved the price we paid, the small room didn't bother me. The bathroom was big though! And we had a little balcony too.

I definitely would recommend this hotel. Especially if you are price sensitive, I believe you get excellent value for your money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here in June and it was conveniently located, quiet, and clean. For the price, you cant go wrong as they are friendly and had our car ready when we needed it.
My only complaint is that our wifi mysteriously stopped working and when I called reception, the man said he would look into it and call back, but never did. Later that evening when I asked again, the night receptionist had no idea how to have it fixed. In the end not a big deal since we were able to use our phones to find what we were looking for.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Hotel Dauro is a favourite of ours for our trips to Granada. Can't fault the price, location, staff, anything! Nothing is too much trouble for the girls in reception. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone's trip to Granada.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The service was good from the from desk,very informative and warm.However,the entire hotel is covered by smoke and I believe their rooms are all smoke free.(I could be wrong).As we r non-smokers,we might not return. Room itself is relatively clean and comfortable.Good value and good location!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ajiang
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Granada at the Dauro. Probably one of the best hotels in the centre. Easy access to all the sights, car parking made easy, quiet - considering the hotel's situation. Really helpful staff, who made our stay most memorable, with special mention of Carmen, on reception, who provided us with site seeing tips, maps etc. She is a Great Ambassador to the hotel and the City.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Maybe the best little hotel in Spain for around $60 USD/night.

My husband and I just spent 2 wonderful nights in Granada in spotlessly clean room 212. (Big kudos to the obviously hardworking housekeeping staff whom I forgot to leave a tip. So sorry!)While the room was quite small, (put your luggage in the closet and out of the way, and prepare to have your spouse move from the desk so you can enter the bathroom) it had great A/C, and was in a quiet location at the back of the hotel with a view of the spires of the church next door. The drapes were perfect to black out the light.

The location is an easy 5-8 minute stroll to bus #30 up to Alhambra or to the Gran Via, or to the very important Los Italianos gelato shop at #4 Gran Via across from the Cathedral.

While the location of the hotel and the condition of the room were marvelous, it is the customer service of Susan that makes this hotel a real standout. Another reviewer mentioned that Hotel Dauro was a 3 star hotel with 5 star service. I concur entirely. Susan speaks excellent English (and our Spanish is very pedestrian) and whipped out a map and circled things that were important to us, and was so friendly and helpful. Most other hotels in Spain should look to Susan and Hotel Dauro as a fine example of how to run a business. Thanks to everyone at this great place. We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: 212 is small (very) as others have mentioned, but we found it very quiet and serviceable. It's a...