“Good location”
Review of Hotel Juan Miguel

Hotel Juan Miguel
Ranked #104 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here recently with two friends. We had a camp bed put up in the room. The room was a fair size so this wasn't an issue. The room was clean. The hotel was ideally situated to travel around Granada. The catehdral was about a 5 minute walk. You can get the tour bus outside the cathedral as well as the hopper bus that takes you to the Alhambra. The breakfast included is very substantial and sets you up for the day. There are a few little bars/cafes around by the hotel. The Alhambra is definitely worth a visit and I suggest booking tickets in advance on the internet. Bars in Granada usually give you a free plate of tapas with every round of drinks. This is worth remembering and certainly saves some money. I would recommend this hotel for the cost.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We booked this hotel on the recommendation of someone in the travel business and only afterwards checked TripAdvisor. There we saw some negative reviews and that worried us. But, we found the Juan Miguel to be a good choice.

The hotel is on a busy street but it is very close to the old city, the Cathedral, and buses to the Alhambra.

We had an interior room. The problem was it was dark--they need to increase the wattage of the light bulbs in these rooms! The rooms facing the street have balconies but I would guess that they are noisy.

The staff was always knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I'm not fussy with hotels, as long as it's clean and safe. I stayed here for 3 nights and emailed the hotel for directions from the bus station. They only provided me with bus numbers but I think that's what most hotels will tell you so need to be very specific.
Likes:
- Staff were helpful enough
- I was told my single room was in a quite area and if I wanted a high floor had to pay more.
- The size of the room was decent, bathroom was pretty big
- Location was great, right on the main street and can not hear traffic in my room.

Dislikes:
The walls were thin like paper, my room was by a small flight of stairs, so can hear people walk by, talk, footsteps, basically even a drop of a coin. I think Spanish hotels are either very old or built on the cheap end.

There was a group of teenagers running around, up and downstairs, talking and even screaming at one point from 10pm - 2.30am on the very night I tried to get to bed early as needed to get up early the next morning. They even rang my room number! I got so fed up that I had to call reception to complain. Made no difference really.

I suggest staying away from the tourist area if you want to sleep as the city is very small you can walk everywhere. But if you do stay, don't go during school holidays.
I wouldn't give this hotel 4 star, maybe 3 at the most.

Room Tip: Don't book single rooms, ask for higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

but we wouldn't have been happy if we paid more. The rooms smell a bit, the carpet is old and dirty, etc. Location is good. Things to note: driving there is not friendly and google directions take you down a street open only to taxis/buses. Instead you should come in calle acera del darro and park at the garrage just before the hotel. If you pass it... good luck.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Perfectly located in the centre of Granada. Easy to find (though is within the restricted driving zone, so carry proof of hotel booking with you). We parked in the underground car park opposite, rather than the hotel car park which is down a narrow lane and small. Rooms were basic but comfortable and quiet. Hotel was busy with school groups yet we didn’t hear any noise. Breakfast was noisy and full of teenagers (some of us arrived at breakfast after they had left and the breakfast room was empty – so pick your time); breakfast food was OK, nothing special. So stay here for location and value for money. It was surprisingly cheap for what and where it was.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel because of good location and high rates at differesnt booking websites. I stayed one nigt only, couldnt sleep because of a loud lift that was a few rooms away from mine. The room itself was rather dim and small (even though I stayed solo in a 'double room"), the bathroom was smelly. In the morning I decided to cancel my reservation for the following nights, and they really slugged me for the first night of my stay. Don`t choose this place when going to Granada....

Room Tip: 101 was small and with a smoky air, cigarettte room, 406 rather small
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Juan Miguel for one week. We enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. We also liked the central location...close to the bus stop, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple