“Magnifio hotel de una estrella”
Review of Hotel Niza

Hotel Niza
Ranked #118 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Granada
“Magnifio hotel de una estrella”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I stayed at Hotel Niza the first night I moved to Spain from Australia, September 2008 on a Sunday. I arrived late and my suitcase did not make the connecting flight in Madrid. The receptionist was most solicitous, kindly and soon had me in stitches with his comical stories dispelling the gloom of the missing luggage. The following day, hotel personnel were extremely helpful in tracing and receiving the case when it finally arrived in Granada. I spent only the one night at Hotel Niza then because I needed to collect keys to a pre-booked apartment on the Monday. I returned to spend a couple of nights not long after because I needed the city centre convenience for a special occasion when I knew I would be arriving in the wee hours of the morning.

The Hotel Niza had been recommended by the estate agent from whom I was to collect the keys and I have been grateful for that recommendation ever since. The Hotel affords all the no-frills essentials one needs to lay one’s head for the night: cleanliness, en suite bathroom, comfortable bed, a quiet, peaceful sleep with windows open (fresh air in the appropriate season but heating when cold) in spite of its location amidst tapas bars, at a price remarkably reasonable for the city centre and in keeping with its one star rating. I have, before and after (always consulting Trip Advisor), paid more for accommodation in Spanish towns and villages dotted around Andalucia and without the friendliness, cosmopolitan characteristics of hotel personnel and comfort of the Hotel Niza.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo

Paris
Reviewed 27 March 2008

We have been in the hotel niza during the semana santa, and despite the fact that the hotel was along one "procession circuit" (what the responsibles inform us about during our reservation call) and therefore was quite noisy (I insist it was during the semana santa), we have really good time there, and people were very nice giving us some advices to visit grenada.

Very good souvenir.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yank in York
Reviewed 4 April 2007

Obviously the Hotel has been doing some renovating because when we stayed there the hotel was in good condition, our room and floor had been completely remodeled to a good standard. While not in the luxury category, it had a really nice, new bath, new furnishing, and a great little balcony. Considering it had parking and was right on Concha de la Playa, it was an excellent value for the money. We thought it had a nice ambience, a good breakfast, and a nice little bar for a late night drink. All in all, we liked it and would readily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
madrid (spain)
Reviewed 26 October 2005

It's a very small hotel, decorated in a awful way, dirty, smelling badly in all rooms, very very old.We changed the hotel when we saw the rooms....

• Stayed October 2005

Travellers are raving about these Granada hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 5 February 2005

I spent 4 night there in December 2004. The staff are nice, they are the owner. It is very cheap and you can ask for any luxoriuos. The room is clean, and it has television, bathroom, and central heating.
The localitacion is very good, in the heart of Granada, near hall town, cathedral...
It is good if you want to spend a very cheap holidays.

2 Thank mtp83
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2004

The hotel is cheap and simple. The ubication is VERY GOOD (near cathedral, city hall, etc), in the town center. The rooms are little and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is VERY LITTLE and very old. Good hotel to stay 1 night, for a non-expensive travel.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2002

It is a cute hotel, in the real center of Granada. the prices are inexpensive. Also they offer their services online too, and you could know, how to arrive, reserve a room, know the weather on-line, etc...

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member