“Nice atmosphere.”

US$77.62*
Alhambra, Nasrid Palaces, Generalife and Alcazaba Private Tour in Granada
Ranked #1 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: As in its origin, the Arab baths are made up three spaces created by water pools at different temperatures and which give their name to the hot, warm and cold rooms. Each client is free to choose their own route through these spaces while respecting our team´s guidelines for use in order to enjoy an optimun experience of tradition.The route, which is accompained by Andalusian music, is completed with the steam room, the relaxation room - where clients can enjoy a typical tea - and the hot stone room, in which they can receive a massage or Ritual of their choice.Our clients feel transported in time and allow themselves to be guided on a journey through the exotic sensuallity of the mythical Al Andalus. Upon leaving, the Alhambra greets them only a few metres away with a vision that rounds off their experience of the past.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift
Stavanger, Norway
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time! Relaxing in the different baths, drinking lots of tea, and soaking up the atmosphere. We loved it!
Still, it wasn't quite 5 star for us. We found the massage a little disappointing frankly. It was a little on the weak side. Nice and relaxing like everything else here, but we would have prefered it if it was a little more robust. Or at least, that they asked our preference.
Still, 4 out of five... We liked it there!

Visited July 2014

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“"Very Relaxing"”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I never heard of a Hammam before until someone mentioned it to us at our B & B in Seville. The Hammam Al Andalus Granada was very close to our hotel so we decided to try it we walked over and made an appointment for the following day. We opted to just booked the baths. We thoroughly enjoyed them along with the steam room. It was a great experience, extremely relaxing and tranquil. I would definitely look into going to another hammam in the future when traveling to other countries.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank denisepg
CSA98, Atención al Cliente at Hammam Al Andalus Granada, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear denisepg,
Thank you for your opinion.

We are pleased that your first contact with a hammam it has been entirely satisfactory.
We hope that in your next trips you will have a similar experience than you had in Granada.

Best regards,

Andalucia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Amazingly detail in the decoration. The actual massage and scrub was not as good as in Morocco (which is understandable) but good relaxing experience so I'd probably go again. There was deodorant available which was great but could I suggest to also have disposable combs as well!

1 Thank lainglesa69
Dear Samantha,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your time to send us your comments.

Secondly we regret the criticisms of the hammam. We wished that your experience would have been totally different than than it really was.

For that reason we are trying to solve the issue of the occupation and the time for the last massage bath.

Once again, thank you for your opinion.

Truro, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Should have been amazing but I left feeling disappointed”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I choose to come to the baths at 8pm as I wanted to very relaxing evening as I have been travelling for 3 months and choose the 15 minute massage also.
The baths are all stunning. The decoration is beautiful and exactly as I had expected it to be. It is lit with candles and is all very tranquil. Moorish tea is available and very nice.
However, as there are only 3 baths, it felt like my group was way too large. Most people wanted to be in the hot bath but as this is the medium sized bath, once a few people were in it, there was not room for any more once they spread out. I ended up staying in the warm pool just for some space of my own. Also, although people were told numerous times, the amount of chatting and noise level was way too high to be relaxing. I felt like shouting at everyone to be quiet which was not the atmosphere I was hoping for. I also am not sure if there was an Andalusian music playing because I wouldn't have heard it.
I choose to have the leg and back massage. You can't not really go wrong with a massage. It was relaxing and exactly the right pressure for me. It was also the quietest area. Like another review mentions, there is not much privacy for the massage as they are open rooms so a bikini for the ladies is more advisable.
Unfortunately though my massage was at the very end of the session and as soon as she was finished, I was told the session had finished and to go straight to the changing room. No time to relax after in a pool or in the quiet area which did annoy me.
So as the title says, this should have been a wonderfully relaxing experience but all in all, i came out feeling a bit disappointed and maybe a bit of a waste of money.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank Samantha M
Dear Samantha M,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your time to send us your comments.

Once again, thank you for your opinion.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Upon entry you are wow'ed!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The ambience in this hammam was spectacular! You walk in and your mesmerised by it. I've been to many many hammams (mainly in turkey due to my background) but haven't ever really been blown away like this.
There's only a few faults I can find and some of these are to do with the lack of communication. I was a little lost when I first arrived...got undressed but I didn't really know where to go and again before and after our massage I was a little confused too.. The biggest issue i had was the scrub; it is no way compared to a traditional scrub. Firstly we weren't given enough time for our skin to moisten for the removal of dead skin we were pretty much just called in within 5 minutes of entering; That is not the normal process. Secondly they put us on a high massage table/stone which was not hot like it's meant to be.
And lastly the scrub was too soft and didn't really remove anything.
The knowledge was there but the technique lacked.
The massage was good I think.... I don't really remember much as I fell asleep.
I guess it's more aimed at tourists and I'm just being too picky because I've experienced the traditional stuff.
Is it worth the money? Yes! Overall a great experience... I felt like I was married to the sultan of al andalus for the hour I was there :)

5 Thank Ebz83
Dear Ebz83,
Thanks for your opinion.

We are pleased that you liked the decoration and felt like a sultan's wife of Al Andalus.

As for traditional kessa, we are trying to find out what could happen because this type of service requires some energetic movements.

As far as when to receiving the massage, it may be at the beginning, during the session or at the end of the shift. If you wanted to receive it at any given time, you must told at reception before entering the hammam.

Best regards,