“Home of a genius a must for people that love lorcas works”

Museo Casa Natal Federico Garcia Lorca
Ranked #50 of 215 things to do in Granada
Jersey, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Home of a genius a must for people that love lorcas works”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I was told many years ago , to learn Spanish study there poetry ,and it was correct my many writes up this year I think 28 going to Madrid on holiday my second home , and lover of Lorca and Pablo Neruda , the summer house is magical 3 euros to go in short tour of 30 minutes amazing , always amazes me people who live in areas of mega historical interest never go , civil war is still a no no to talk about , I do laugh ,even in the valley of the fallen Franco buried next arch enemy , go to summer house , then if on long holiday catch train to Granada as we did and go and see lorcas house there a bus ride from Granada Fuentes vac cares I think spelling not write , we where allowed in by chance as tv Granada filming there with escullea de Danza, dance group from Madrid ,they would not allow us in but guy on gate ,I said if I can recite 3 lorcas poems in Spanish can I come in so,I did and we had a ball champagne and canapés ,watch the dancing ,and poem recitals best day of my life ,the house is perfect garden nice with statue in it nice rooms do go there ps Alhambra beer in green bottle is best ever Gary turner knight Templar jersey channel island branch

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Gary T

• Finnish first
Caversfield, Oxfordshire
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A place to visit on your cultural visit.”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Federico Garcia lorca's house is a place to see the way he lived his life. Very cultural and relaxing atmosphere.

Berlin, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lorca's summer house, Granada”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Lorca was murdered by Franco's government and this was the family's summer retreat. The tour is in both English and Spanish depending on who is in the group, It is quite quick - no more than about 30 minutes and you see about 4 rooms and 2 with exhibitions of letters, photos and posters relating to Lorca. It is authentic to the extent that Lorca's youngest sister advised on its layout.The group was small the day we went and there was plenty of time to ask questions. There is also a shop where you can buy Lorca's plays and poems. The only quibble I have is that there is room for a more a lengthy experience at the site but the resources are probably not currently available to do this.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank hotelgoer2012
Valencian Country, Spain
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“A Real Insight into Lorca”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Having studied the life and work of Lorca, it was a long anticipated visit to his home and we were not disappointed.

The guide, who was delightful and knowledgeable, seemed genuinely thrilled that non Spaniards showed such an interest. The house remains as it must have been during Lorca's lifetime and was full of his personal items.

It was indeed a memorable visit followed by a pleasant stroll in the sunshine around the park.

Visited October 2011