“good quality/prize, wonderful breakfast on the top floor, too small room”
Review of Suecia

Suecia
Ranked #66 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We were this downtown hotel in 09/2012

positive points :
- quality/prize is good
- The location of the hotel : close to center and on the road that leads to alhambra
- The breakfast is the best moment in a day there, especially that at summer breakfast could be taken in the top, offering a wonderful view on all town. Breakfast include all what you need (milk,coffee, hot bread, fruits, juice, cheese ..) and it is very tasty !!!
- The living room is very gorgeous, you feel in a historical house, we appreciated the romantic and vintage design …

negative points :
- if you come late at night, it is hard to find parking, cause the hotel lays in a dead-end that become easily full with cars of the other customers, and outside of that dead-end alley it is not allowded to park … My advice is to come early, to park in front of the hotel and to let the car there until the end of your vacation (in Grenada downtown, you cant use your cars, the streets are too straight and crowded).
- The room in which we were was quite small, the smallest room I ever seen in a hotel .. the bed and the wall were separated by only a meter away !! Bathroom is too small too ..
- no elevator

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivierfrompaname
There are newer reviews for Suecia

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Pension Suecia is an old spanish mansion that has been converted into a small hotel. It is located directly behing the worlds finest guitar maker Antonio Marin. Located in a convenient area where there is always parking , it is quiet and comfortable. I often take my clients there from all over the world. The Host and Hostess Jorge and Maria Luisa make you feel at home. It is walking distance from Campo del Principe where there are many bars and restuarants and just down the hill from the Alhambra. The prices are extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet as the hotel is located in a little upper class neighborhood off the main st...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank lisadegranada
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I chose this pension after reading many tripadvisor reviews, hoping for something with more character and charm than just the typical hotel room. My room was simple with a shared bath, a good space for much needed rest after days of wandering the city. However, what made all the difference for me was the hospitality of the owners, Jorge and his wife. On my first night in, Jorge was happy to explain the best places to eat, hear flamenco, etc. He gave me a map, marked areas and wrote down names. My room had two single beds and a sink, and I could see the lit Alhambra from my wooden shuttered window. There was an adjustable radiator (great for the chilly, rainy days) and the shower was hot.

The next two mornings, breakfast in the upstairs dining room was fantastic, overlooking the mountains...a great spread of toast, ham, jam, a bit of cheese, yogurt, juice and coffee with milk. A lovely value for its 3.50.€ price. My breakfast each day was laid out by either Jorge or his wife. As I prepared the night before to take an early bus to the airport my last day, I told Jorge that I didn't need breakfast the next morning - it would be too early and rushed. He looked up the bus schedule online for me and explained where to catch it. At 6:50 the next morning, there was a knock on my door. Jorge held a cup and saucer and two hot pitchers of milk and coffee.

The house was charming, but even more so, the kind owners went out of their way to create a welcoming space.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The pension is in a very convenient location to the Alhambra and within a short walking distance to the Albaycin and Cathedral. The building and grounds are charming, the rooms very clean and functional. We saw one reception person the day we checked in, then never saw him or any other staff members again, but we were greeted each morning by a friendly gray cat. The walls are thin and the plumbing noisy, but our fellow guests were kind and we got plenty of rest. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Nice and quiet house with anciently furnitured rooms and a terrace on the roof. Very helpfull staff! We have a pleasant feeling about this place and we are going to come again. I think that the decor of the pension matches the spirit of Granada.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We spent 2 nights here while travelling around southern Spain in July. The hotel is well sign posted and easy to find once you're on the main road. We were greeted by a lovely lady who checked us in very quickly and spent time to go over the map of Granada and point out bus routes, tapas areas etc which was very helpful! The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean and very good value for the price we paid. There is no A/C but the rooms have ceiling fans and very good shutters on the windows to keep the sun out. The hotels position in Granada is excellent, about 10 minutes walk to the main centre and 15 minutes walk to the Alhambra (if you can make it up the hill!).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 5 December 2011

The friendly hotel owner provided us with a warm welcome despite our late arrival, spoke good English and was helpful in recommending places to go and how to get there. The hotel itself is in a quiet cul-du-sac with attractive entrance courtyard and fountain.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends